Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

[UPDATED] AARP will be performing maintenance 1/7/23

Honored Social Butterfly

[UPDATED] AARP will be performing maintenance 1/7/23

UPDATE

AARP will be performing maintenance this week on Saturday 01/07/2023, 10a.m. to 10p.m. EST. Users will not be able to login, purchase items from AARP Rewards, join or renew with AARP. Thank you for your patience.

maint 01072023.png

Honored Social Butterfly

It's really weird, but I expected the site to be down today. For me, it never was. It was down yesterday, though. Sort of confusing to expect it, and it never happens. ๐Ÿ˜›

All in all, everything seems to be working! Over the moon about that. A huge sigh of relief. ๐Ÿ™‚

Honored Social Butterfly

It seems that maintenance for the day is complete. You should be able to resume your normal rewards activities right now. I will update the title to only reflect tomorrow's maintenance.

Happy Friday! Have a great weekend. ๐Ÿ™‚

Regular Social Butterfly

Apparently I didn't read this correctly as rewards site is not available for the last two hours+. And so now what?

#VegasStrong
Phil Harris, actor and showman, to John Fogerty of CCR: โ€œIf Iโ€™d known Iโ€™d live this long, Iโ€™d have taken better care of myself.โ€
0 Kudos
Gold Conversationalist

Up at 4 a.m. EST and thought I'd do my activities before the scheduled maintenance.  Of course site is totally down.    They might as well post that we will know maintenance is over when we actually see the site again.    And maintenance is never defined.  Usually makes things worse.

Conversationalist

Yes. I did notice it too. Yesterday's site performance was so horrendous that the site might have had a complete break-down. 

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

It seems like they are starting early with their 'maintenance work' today 1- 5 Thursday - I'm seeing this...( sarcasm )

"We are currently experiencing technical difficulties in processing your request. Please retry in a few minutes. Thank you for your patience."

"You just scored with AARP Rewards, but we need extra time

We are experiencing a delay in awarding your points. Please check your transaction history in a few minutes. Thank you for your patience."

YOUR REWARDS BALANCE

โญ -  PTS

Can't enter Sweeps and Instant Win = ๐Ÿ˜ฉ

๐Ÿ˜ฏ   I'm actually getting myself some vodka and ice to relieve some tension and frustrations. ๐Ÿ˜’

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

So why is nothing working TODAY??!!

Kudos
Views
Super Contributor

Hopefully the maintenance scheduled for tomorrow and Saturday will fix the issues on the web site.  I used my points to redeem a gift card yesterday.  It said the transaction was completed but there would be a delay in updating my points.  So far I haven't gotten an email for the gift card and my points were never updated.  I contacted customer service today and they said the transaction never happened (even though the web site said it did) and now the gift card is sold out, so even though I still have my points, I am out of luck on getting the gift card.

Honored Social Butterfly

I hope it fixes a lot of the problems we've been having over the past many moons, too!

If there's one thing I've learned, it's...Whenever you go to redeem a gift card, and you see that delay message (in the future), double check that it went through in your transactions. Just do it. Even if you think it went through, double check anyway. Also, screenshot your transactions from time to time, as well. From what I gather, within your comment, it seems that your transaction never went through as the redemption was never complete.  :)/:(

Super Contributor

I'm still fairly new to the AARP rewards system, so I'm learning things like this the hard way, by making mistakes and then finding out I should have done something different.  But as I've recently found out the hard way through losing a gift card that it said I had gotten, I am now repeating activities just to make sure I did get points or redemptions.

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

@RenateW69623 

Hi Renate

Believe me it"s not you it"s them. Welcome to CRAZY TOWN

maintenance was not suppose to start until

FRIDAY AT 3 PM ON 1/6/2023

"AARP will be performing maintenance on Friday 01/06/2023 between 3PM and 5M EST and Saturday 01/07/2023 between 10am and 10pm EST.
During this time, you will not be able to perform certain Rewards tasks such as checkout from the cart, login, registration, join or renew.
Thank you for your patience"

Well it"s only 2.28 AM CST Friday 1/6/2023    Emphasis on AM thank you  

They can't even perform maintenance on schedule correctly

2023 is not going to be a good year with this program !!!!!!!!!!!IMG_0405.PNG

lucyp061351
Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Super Contributor

The web site is up now (7:18AM CST), so I don't think what you saw was the scheduled maintenance.  Of course, I'm still getting alot of errors trying to do things, but usually after trying a few times, things eventually appear to work.  But I am now repeating activities several times, just to make sure they were completed.

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

Hello everyone ๐Ÿค—. I hear you and I'm sure thousands of other members do also but wait until Friday and Saturday. Did you notice the notice that they have on the webpage

( During this time, you will not be able to perform certain Rewards tasks such as checkout from the cart, login, registration, join or renew. ) They might as well said, On Friday and Saturday There will be Some Glitches but don't worry it'll still show up in your Transaction History. 2 hours on Friday and 12 hours on Saturday ? ( Can you please be a little more transparent? ) I guess they're going to implement new software during the 2 hours on Friday and come back Saturday to see just how much they got it even more screwed up. I'm just saying 

Concerned Member
Honored Social Butterfly

@al45009948 Just have to wait and see! ๐Ÿ™‚

@sherilee17  If you are having issues, please contact customer service, or find a thread regarding your current issues, such as the one you've started here:

https://community.aarp.org/t5/General/Why-Can-t-AARP-Get-the-Website-to-Work/td-p/2473227

@sherilee17 wrote:

Issues. Every single day. Technical issues with the videos. With entering sweepstakes and instant wins.  All is get is the message about experiencing technical difficulties. This has been going on for months! Either FIX IT, AARP, or get rid of this Rewards program.

This is just an announcement of maintenance. ๐Ÿ™‚

Regular Contributor

Alas, I have done that. All they tell me is to clear the cache, restart, etc. and none of that works. It's hit or miss with your unpredictable website.

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

Hello again everyone ๐Ÿค— I understand where you're coming from ๐Ÿ™ Well it's 4:07 am Friday EST and the website is Down for Scheduled Maintenance. They couldn't get the time correct. Maybe they meant 3am and 5am est ๐Ÿค”. You want to know something strange. On my phone the website is Down but on my tablet the website is up with the message referring to the maintenance. I'm just saying 

Concerned Member
0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

Hello everyone ๐Ÿค—. Hey @sherilee17 have you tried clearing your cache files? Also, maybe try the app AdBlock Browser download it from your app store. I tend to not have problems except for the new quiz format having incorrect answers but that doesn't keep you from aquiring points. Good luck. I'm just saying 

Concerned Member
0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Today is THURSDAY. Things should still be working with the website. Otherwise they would have stated that it would be down beginning today.

0 Kudos
Super Contributor

I was still getting delays in my points updating today, so there are still issues.  Of course, there were also still issues after the last time the website was down for maintenance, so I'm not sure if this maintenance will actually fix all of the issues.  Hopefully it will.

Kudos
Views
Super Contributor

You sound like an individual who sees the glass as half full ๐Ÿค— LOL

Not me, I have no faith in this support team having the required skills with an acceptable level of performance. The solution to fixing the plethora of problems plaguing this program is way over their heads. ๐Ÿ˜ซ ๐Ÿ˜ซ ๐Ÿ˜ซ

0 Kudos
Super Contributor

Yes, I'm fairly new to AARP rewards, but the longer I try to use this program and run into problems, the more frustrated I get and the less I am enjoying it.  But I will still keep trying in hopes that things improve.

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipedeยฎ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP