Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Bronze Conversationalist

May 2022 Sweepstakes Winners

Congratulations to the May 2022 Monthly Sweepstakes Winners

Click Here  ---->  245438_SW.pdf (helloworld.com)

The Monthly Sweepstakes & Weekly/ Daily Instant Win Sweepstakes are working using PDF links.  👍  Ok  😃

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Latest Weekly/ Daily Instant Win Sweepstakes Winners List

Here is a link for the latest  Weekly/ Daily Instant Win Sweepstakes Winners List  

Click Here  ---->   245438_IW.pdf (helloworld.com)

😎  Updated 6-22-22

Contributor

Why doesn't AARP just put a winners tab on the home page?

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

The regular Monthly Sweepstakes are no longer using the Bitly links and have resorted to normal PDF links/ displays = which does work.

Troubling issue: ---->    But, the weekly 'Instant Win Sweepstakes' Official Winner's List link are still using the Bitly links which is being blocked.

-  I just checked the official rules for various Instant Win Sweeps and they have a new "Bitly" links for the winners list and got a 'new warning'  --->  Warning! | There might be a problem with the requested link (bitly.com)

- new Bitly links for "Instant Win" winners lists are being blocked

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Warning: This URL has been blocked by Bitly's systems as potentially harmful.

We recommend you close your browser window and notify the person who sent you the link.

Why was this link blocked?

Bitly displays this warning when a link has been blocked. There are many reasons why a link may be blocked:

• The link may be listed on a website blocklisting service.
  • The link may have been reported to Bitly by a member of the public.
  • The link may contain malware (software designed to harm your computer), attempt to collect your personal information for nefarious purposes, or otherwise contain harmful and/or illegal content.
  • The link may be attempting to hide the final destination.
  • The link may lead to a forgery of another website or may infringe the rights of others.

If you believe this link has been blocked in error, please contact Bitly via this form.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AARP IT/ web needs to know there is still a  problem going on here.

For now, this issue appears to be resolved.   😎 

Updated 4-27-22       Updated 4-28-22    😎

🤔

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

How about it AARPTeri, care to weigh in here.

Where is the correct March 2022 Sweepstakes Winners List. I went back to a July 2020 post to check the site and the URL is blocked there also.

I don't remember it being a .pdf link in the past. BTW I can open .pdf's all day long with no problems so it has to be something else Just Saying 

lucyp061351
0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

@OneDayMatisyahu  

Your link gave me a warning that the file is using an insecure connection, and there is a potential security risk.  I got a warning not to download the file.  This is the first time I've gotten a warning for a PDF file.

Silver Conversationalist

Hi JoLo, I am with you there, strange that a PDF would trigger a warning like that !! 

I just had to run a little test for my own satisfaction and Duck Duck Go browser open the file just fine on my iPad Air, while Chrome still returns the ugly URL warning.  Regardless, I am not all that interested in that information to keep poking the devil. 

Appears to me that many of the problems we keep experiencing in this forum can be traced to the AARP preferred browser, Google Chrome 

Just Saying

lucyp061351
Silver Conversationalist

@OneDayMatisyahu 

Link not working ??

lucyp061351
0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

7:05 pm just tried link; it works - it's a PDF - you may have PDF blocking somewhere on your browser. 🤔

---->   245438_SW.pdf (helloworld.com)

If anyone else wants to verify/ reply - please do so.

😎

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

File opened fine for me. It took about 10-15 seconds to open, though.

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

How did you manage to open that file. I am still getting the error

you using Chrome Browser ??

Just Saying 

lucyp061351
0 Kudos
Conversationalist

Yes, I'm using Chrome.

I'm not about to try opening the .pdf again, though, because of the Security Warning discussed above!

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP