Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

How have you used your AARP Rewards as a gift?

Community Manager
Community Manager

How have you used your AARP Rewards as a gift?

Have you used your AARP Rewards points as a way to give a gift to someone?  We would love to hear how you used your points to purchase a gift!  Share your experience so others can get ideas too!

AARPTeri
Contributor

I save and purchase gift cards to pass out just because someone is having a trying day. Other times when single parents eat out I will share a gift card to purchase a dessert.

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

I purchased 5 Applebee’s $15 gift cards for $13 each for my daughter’s birthday dinner for a savings of $10. I also signed up to receive emails from Applebee’s and they sent me a $5 off online code. My husband bought 2 $25 Michael’s gift cards  for $23 each, which saved us an additional $4.

0 Kudos
Gold Conversationalist

A family in our community lost everything to a fire recently. A request was made for clothing.   I was able to give them my two $20 gift cards to Marshalls/TJMaxx.   

Community Manager
Community Manager

This is a great way to give!  Thanks for sharing your story here!

AARPTeri
Bronze Conversationalist

I have given my wife egift cards I have won for points only and some I have bought on discount. I recently received a $15 egift card for Build a Bear and gave that to my step-daughter.

Besides giving cards, I have shared cards with my wife for dates by buying dinner for both of us with egift cards awarded from redeeming AARP Rewards points. I also have a few more just waiting for us to share even more date nights for the informal Burger King offerings on up to Outback and Longhorn Steakhouse as our circumstances and appetites catch up.

Stay well and have fun!

Lynn

Regular Contributor

I used points to buy stocking stuffer gift cards for the grandchildren. Nine months into the pandemic it gave them a little bit of adventure and independence!!!! I think I will continue this practice in the new year for Valentine’s Day, etc.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP