Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Can’t Purchase Any Giftcards

Went To Purchase Giftcard And I keep getting an error message when In fact I have the funds plus more in my account .. I have cleaned my cookies and also switched to the browser customer support says aarp is compatible with and it’s still not working .. I see similar issues being posted which lets me know it’s a deeper issue I Hope maintenance on wenesday Fixes this !!

Contributor

Am having the same problem, customer service tells me it takes 3 business days for a reply.

Community Concierge

Hello Arlene, I see our team is currently working on your case and will reach out as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience. - Daniela R. 

0 Kudos
Contributor

Today the site is freezing and no it's not on my end...

Thank you

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Community Concierge

You are welcome, Arlene. - Daniela R. 

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Website to file a complaint to Better Business Bureau against AARP:

https://www.bbb.org/file-a-complaint/0241-2126

Periodic Contributor

I plan on reporting them today and cancelling our memberships

Community Concierge

Hi @JeffreyW68256, I've taken a look into this and I see you called yesterday, May 2nd, and the issue with your purchases was escalated. Please allow 3-5 business days for a resolution. Thanks. - Diana G.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Its been 5 business days since I opened the ticket, but I guess they don't count the opening day, but still no one has reached out. I would very much appreciate someone to help with this 

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@JeffreyW68256, the case was created Thursday, May 2nd. The 5th business day will be tomorrow, Thursday, May 9th. Please let us know if you don't hear from our team tomorrow by the end of the day. - Diana G.

0 Kudos
Contributor

Having the same problem very frustrating as that was the sole reason I signed up. When do you plan to fix this issue @AARPConsumerCare 

Periodic Contributor

Having the same issue and the same reason I signed up. Glad to see I am not alone. They most definitely need to get this problem fixed ASAP.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I only signed up for the gift cards as well and Im having the same issue. The charge is still pending on my account so Im hoping the transaction falls off later. If I don't get the cards, I just want my membership fees back. My cruise is THIS week. I hope we get it figured out!

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

Hi, here to help! Please click this link https://m.me/aarp to reach out in a private message with your membership # and full mailing address and I'll be happy to look into your Rewards account. -Carla S.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I've done everything they suggested. They did reach out to me, and I did what they said there also.
My CC matches identically, and I still get the error.
Time is money, and I've wasted a lot of time - I'm just going to Carnival and paying the full price. I won't be renewing my membership tho. It's been a PITA.

Community Concierge

@TracyM848275  We hope you'll reconsider. I have escalated your issue and a member of the Rewards team will reach out to you in 3-5 business days by email. In the meantime, maybe try to turn off your AdBlocker. Thanks so much!  Jodee R. 

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

I had the same issues.  What finally worked for me was a 4th (brand new) credit card, and I did it very early in the morning.  The number of people this happens to is incredible.  It has been going on FOR A VERY LONG TIME (year(s)).  If it works, please put the word out!

Community Concierge

Hi @DaphneB243924, here to help! What error are you getting? Also, which gift card are you trying to purchase? - Diana G.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Same error as everyone else. Please update payment method. Card and address match my account and funds are there. I called in earlier and spoke with someone who said it would be 3 business days before I hear back. This will make you guys loose a lot of customers. 

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@DaphneB243924, like you mentioned, I see now the error you got was escalated this morning, and they are working on it. You should hear back from them within 3-5 business days. - Diana G.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I purchased Carnival gift cards a couple weeks ago and went to purchase more this morning.  Got the error on two different cards on my computer.  Switched to iPad and it went right through.  

0 Kudos
Contributor

Im having the same issue. Customer service mentioned all of the possible reasons and none of them applied to me. I tried multiple cards, browsers, laptop, tablet, my phone as well, my husbands phone. nothing is working. 

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Madison, I have no idea how I got it to work since I tried all sorts of things just like you did.  I waited about 3 days after getting the errors when trying to pay.  On the 3rd day, I tried EARLY IN THE MORNING which shockingly worked.  One other poster mentioned trying in the morning or later in the evening.  My guess, is they have too many users trying to access the AARP system at once and their system isn't designed to handle it.  Best of luck to you!!  I feel your frustration!!

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

Hi Madison. You may purchase up to 5 standard gift cards and 25 "Premium" gift cards per month. If you are below this limit, may I please ask the error message you are getting when you try to purchase gift cards. - Stephen K.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Looks like this is still an issue after 13+ months?  Anyone have any tips to get it to work other than getting lucky?  They didn't have any issues charging me when I signed up...

Kudos
Views
Contributor

And how is it they can hold your money in your account even if it doesn't go through????

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

Hi @DarylJ892939, just to be sure, are you having issues purchasing gift cards through AARP Rewards? - Diana G.

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Community Concierge

Hi Nicholas. You may purchase up to 5 standard gift cards and 25 "Premium" gift cards per month. If you are below this limit, may I please ask the error message you are getting when you try to purchase gift cards. - Stephen K.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I keep receiving the following error message

"Something went wrong with your transaction. Please try again or contact AARP Rewards Support at 1-866-451-6305.

Please note, even though there was an error with this transaction, submitting your payment information may result in a temporary hold on your available funds. While funds have not been removed or withdrawn from your account, they may be temporarily unavailable as is standard banking procedure when validating a request to transact. Before retrying this purchase, please be sure you have the available funds."

Very disheartening that I call support for assistance and they keep "escalating" as though this isn't a known issue... "we will respond to you in 3-5 business days" when we both know there is no resolution. This is egregious for a corporation, especially considering this is a POS issue and no other methods of payment are offered (paying via phone, Paypal, etc). Even Shopify has a better interface. Please get your developers to fix this as this is frustrating and I've never seen such horrible POS from a business. Funny that the POS works when it's time to pay for the membership 🌝 

This is at best, false advertisement, and at worst, fraud. 

Periodic Contributor

I am getting this error consistently. I've tried for almost a month. Every browser possible, every card possible. I agree. False advertisement, FOR SURE.

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

Achieve a top score in our Tournament Tuesday Word Games in May and you could win $100 every 30 days!

Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP