AARP Eye Center
- AARP Online Community
- Games Talk
- Games Tips
- Leave a Game Tip
- Ask for a Game Tip
- AARP Rewards
- AARP Rewards Connect
- Earn Activities
- AARP Rewards Tips
- Ask for a Rewards Tip
- Leave a Rewards Tip
- Grief & Loss
- Caregiving Tips
- Ask for a Caregiving Tip
- Leave a Caregiving Tip
- AARP Help
- Benefits & Discounts
- General Help
- Entertainment Forums
- Rock N' Roll
- Let's Play Bingo!
- Leisure & Lifestyle
- Entertainment Archive
- Health Forums
- Brain Health
- Conditions & Treatments
- Healthy Living
- Medicare & Insurance
- Health Tips
- Ask for a Health Tip
- Leave a Health Tip
- Home & Family Forums
- Friends & Family
- Introduce Yourself
- Late Life Divorce
- Our Front Porch
- Home & Family Archive
- Money Forums
- Budget & Savings
- Scams & Fraud
- Retirement Forum
- Social Security
- Retirement Archive
- Technology Forums
- Computer Questions & Tips
- About Our Community
- Travel Forums
- Work & Jobs
- Work & Jobs
AARP Rewards Travel Contest 2022 - 5/9-5/27/22
Welcome to the AARP Rewards Travel Contest 2022. This contest will run from Monday, May 9, 2022 until Friday, May 27, 2022.
Where is the first place you plan to travel now that Covid restrictions are lessening and why? How are you using AARP Rewards to save money on your trip?
Tell us what you are planning to do with travel opening up more after the pandemic! Answer these two questions for a chance to win one of five (5) $100 AARP Rewards Travel gifts. All participants will receive 50 AARP Reward Points for posting their response.
To enter, reply to this post with your travel plans and how you use AARP Rewards to save.
Sharing your travel plans enters you for a chance to win one of five $100 AARP Rewards travel related cards along with 50 AARP Rewards Points just for posting! A panel of judges appointed by AARP will select the top posts.
Rules for the contest are posted here - https://community.aarp.org/t5/AARP-Rewards-Connect/AARP-Rewards-Online-Community-Travel-Contest-202...
- AARP Rewards
- Alaska. Use rewards points for gift cards and lodging.
- and don't want to repeat it.
- and have not seen them in years. My sister is old
- and sick. I already lost one without seeing her for the last time
- but I do hope to earn some. Happy Traveling Everyone! Blessings!
- Going to Gatlinburg to meet up with my grandson and his mom and dad. Will use some points on gift cards discount.
- Hey There! I'm traveling to Chicago for my birthday! I'm going with myself only and meeting up with a girlfriend to stroll down magnificent mile and cruise Lake Michigan! Unfortunately
- I am planning to go to Turkey to see a lot of the sites.
- I do not have enough rewards points
- I plan to travel to Arizona to visit my brother and use AARP discounts for hotel stays.
- I would love to go visit family in TX
- I would love to visit my family in Montreal Canada
- i would take my child and my elderly disabled mother to Hawaii. never been there and it is on our bucket list!
- movies and museums! Can't wait!
- My husband and I along with 16 other family and friends will be going to Aruba. While there we will be celebrate my birthday. We are all just looking to get together after being apart for so long and laugh and make new memories. Can't wait!!
- We are going to to Las Vegas because we have never been there. And we will be using AARP Rewards to find discounts on hotels etc. for the best deals.
- We are planning to go to Belize and get to do some snorkeling. We will use ourAARP rewards to find a great hotel.
- We are taking our first family vacation this June! We are all very excited. We rented a beautiful Victorian house at the beach. Everything is within walking distance. I have already found some aarp coupons for ice cream
- we haven't seen them in person since 2020. I plan on using my AARP Rewards Points to splurge while we are there.
- We plan to take our youngest grandchild on his first ever cruise aboard the Disney Fantasy! A lot of his friends have taken this cruise and he is so excited about this trip. Can't wait to see his eyes when we arrive at the port.
- We're planning a trip to Scotland to visit our daughter. I plan to use rewards to save on lodging.
- We're taking our trailer across the western states to Iowa to see family and then to some national parks. We use rewards for gas discounts.
my husband and I will be taking a cruise to Greece and Italy for our 25th Anniversary...our first vacation since our honeymoon! Oops..I lied, we went away for our first anniversary to Florida, but I was pregnant and well...rides were limited at Disney. Seeing Greece is a lifelong dream for me.
I am traveling to Switzerland with Vacations by Rail. I learned about this tour company through the AARP Magazine. Since I am a member of AARP, I received a discount when I signed up for this Best of Switzerland trip. I started traveling in the US in October 2020, but am now ready to travel internationally! I am up-to-date on Covid protocols.
European vacation; we are involved in World War II planes and have given numerous flights to the World War II Vets. The history of D-Day, Normandy Beach, France, ect. Is extremely interesting to us. I read everything I get my hands on about the History and the people of that time. Those brave individuals that helped the Jewish population, to those brave men and women of our own country who rolled up they’re selves and did what they could to win that war and get their loved ones home. Hero’s are those who pull together for the better of Man Kind!
I'm heading to Texas to see my older brother and his family. My niece lives there with her husband and 3 kids and my nephew will be visiting from Virginia with his wife and 3 sons. I've never met my youngest great-nephew as several trips to visit them had to be cancelled because of COVID. This will be a hard trip for me because the last time I was there was February 2020 for my mother's funeral.
I'll use AARP discounts and rewards during my travels for food and maybe some fun things to do while I'm there.
It is time to live a little and experience more out of life..I am going to see myself experience a brand new City with friends..surely I would love to be chosen as a cash winner .. summer gardens abound. Happy to be alive..age is getting up there..silver city
I am so ready to use my AARP Rewards to start traveling by taking advantage of the discounts from cruises to Expedia and hotels. AARP Travel has great deals not to mention the sweepstakes and contests. My next trip will be to Spain for a wedding, then the Netherlands for a Jazz Concert and coming back through Paris for return flight home! Need all the discounts and cash prizes that AARP offers.
We are finalizing our plans to Portugal this October. This trip was put on hold in 2020, for reasons and then when we started looking at it again in 2021 but there were the same reasons. Now we are determined. We are fully boostered and then some and have added more to our vacation fund over the last two years and now want to do it in style. Good airlines seats and a great adventure awaits us.
I am excited to share that my daughters (14 and 17) and I will be taking a Carnival Cruise to the Western Caribbean! It has been three years in the works. I always plan my trips a year in advance (a great way to save money!). I scheduled our trip for the summer of 2020, but it was cancelled b/c of Covid19. I decided to wait another two years to possibly be out of the Covid19 pandemic... Covid continues, but Carnival has been up and running with mitigation strategies in place. Hopefully we will have a fantastic trip even though Covid is still present.
I am proud to share that I am an AARP member. Because of this, I saved a whopping $300 on my cruise cost! AARP offers members Carnival Cruise Gift Cards - save 10% -
Carnival Gift Card: pay $450 for a $500 Value gift card (10% off). With my points (YAY POINTS!!) I was able to purchase $3,000 in gift cards for only $2,700! Soooo happy!
THANK YOU AARP!
I recently retired and would LOVE to follow the Milwaukee Brewers on a road trip ~ Perhaps to see the Colorado Rockies or Cincinnati Reds. Prior to the trip I would consult the AARP Travel information and use my AARP discount for hotels along the way as well as for the rental car we would use. SAFE travels everyone and GO BREWERS!
We will be going to see my wife’s brother in Dublin, where we haven’t seen him for 3 years. Then, we’re driving to Belfast and taking the ferry to Scotland. We are going to my ancestor’s castle called Inverrary Castle, then Loch Ness, Glasgow and Edinburgh. I didn’t know i could uses points
✈️The first place we plan to travel this summer is Florence, Italy! 🇮🇹 It is our 35th Anniversary and hubby wants to book us a "Room with a View" on the Arno. So romantic!!! 🌹 It has been a rough couple of years with Covid 😥
🏦We have been banking up our AARP Rewards Savings of over $2000 💵 on things we would have spent money on anyway. This savings is helping to pay for our dream trip!! Thank you AARP Rewards 😘
I'm a caregiver for my mom about 3-4 years now and hopefully I can get someone to come to be with her so I can take advantage of the AARP hotel travel benefit of a discounted room in the same state that I live in. So I won't be to far away in case there's a problem with the in home help. I wish everyone happy and safe travels and much luck on winning this contest!! Chow for now, Michelle from Reno Nevada
Mitch, check with senior resources in your community for respite services. Full time caregivers must get a break!! Most areas have some kind of respite service, be it in home or a facility based respite. Most nurses working respite are compassionate and very understanding. If your mother is aware of her illness, I’m sure she would go along for the plan. You’ll come back refreshed and ready for the next step in mom’s journey.
good luck. Retired Nurse & former caretaker
AARP Online Community
- AARP Rewards
- AARP Help
- Home & Family
- Work & Jobs
Ready to double your fun? Enjoy Twofer Goofer, a fun rhyming word puzzle game from AARP! Play now.
Sync your smartphone or favorite tracker with AARP Rewards to earn points for hitting steps, swimming and cycling milestones Sync now.
From soft jazz to hard rock - discover music's mental, social and physical benefits. Learn more.