Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

AARP Rewards Spring Break Contest 2023

Community Manager
Community Manager

AARP Rewards Spring Break Contest 2023

Headed out of town this spring? Share how you use AARP Rewards to save on your travels for a chance to win!  Contest runs from March 20th through April 16, 2023.  We will choose weekly winners that will win:  $250 Carnival Gift Card (2, one each week) and $250 Airbnb Gift Card (2, one each week) for a total of four winners!

Example: My best friend and I are planning a trip to Ireland this May! We are going to see The Cliff of Mohr and Trinity College. I'm excited about exploring the country. We purchased Airbnb gift cards through AARP Rewards to help us save on lodging.

To enter, reply to this post before April 16, 2023, with your travel plans and how you use AARP Rewards to save.  

Rules for the contest are posted here -   AARP Rewards Spring Break 2023 Contest

AARPTeri
Periodic Contributor

Taking a couple trips this summer. On one we’ll be using our discount toward food and a trip to Vegas where we always use it wherever we can which is normally food and car rental.

0 Kudos

Heading to Disney this July. I booked a hotel in Georgia to stay a night so I didn’t have to drive straight through. I used my AARP membership and saved $30 on my hotel room. Looking forward to our trip because my oldest son who lives in Colorado is flying down for the week. Looking forward to a family trip with my wife and both our sons. 

0 Kudos
Contributor

We will be using AARP travel for our upcoming trip to Seattle.  I love all the hotel, rental car and restaurant discounts and gift cards available.  

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Planning a road trip for the summer with my little dog Opie, he just turned 15 yesterday so we are looking at dog friendly hotels, Vrbo or whatever we can find with help of AARP….he is very frail so it will probably be has last road-trip….we look for easy trails, no steps, quiet natural areas aaway from cross and noise….dog friendly restaurants, another way AARP can help us help our little boy…

0 Kudos

My friends and I are going to Italy and Croatia this year.  I have used my AARP rewards to book a rental car and hotels for our trip.  

0 Kudos
Contributor

Plan on using the Hilton discount to have some long weekends in various locations within a couple hours drive of home.

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Initially we make reservations using our AARP member discount. Before hitting the road, I scour the website for food, gas and grocery gift cards that we can use on our trip to save on expenses. What's fun is to search for ones that we normally can't use locally but can discover and explore on our journey. Some we even save for when we treat friends or family to a meal in appreciation of their hospitality shared along the way. Happy trails!

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Not sure where we're going this summer yet, but we'll definitely be using AARP to help in planning.

0 Kudos
Contributor

Ging to visit friends and relatives across and down south. My rewards can get me items I may need and save me time looking for them too! It makes a difference in my travel plans according to benefits I might use for my travels! Thanks AARP!

0 Kudos
Contributor

I like to be able to purchase the grocery e-gift cards because I get to save lots of money (at least 8%) and I can used the saved money to splurged on something I really want.

0 Kudos
Contributor

Got some discounted e-gifts for restaurants to go to when we are going to visit my family 3 hours away.  Every little bit of savings will help.

0 Kudos
Contributor

Going to grocery stores while traveling helps keep expenses down on vacation. We use the AARP e-gifts for Safeway in California when visiting.

0 Kudos
Contributor

We got a car with Budget recently to get a discount on rental.  It was easy to do through AARP.

0 Kudos
Contributor

Although we use the E-gift discounts on AARP, we often forget to check the local discounts on-line through to save.  

0 Kudos
Contributor

We use the AARP E-gifts to save when traveling.  There are many different discounts we use, especially when having to eat out while in the road!

0 Kudos
Contributor

We have purchased cruise and airline discount gift cards for past vacations.  Hey, any little bit helps in these difficult times.

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

When I hear Spring Break it immediately takes me back to the 80s when everybody would head out to Palm Springs for a few days to soak up the sun and to meet new people and just have a great time. I remember driving in my 325 E BMW with the sunroof open and stereo blasting on the 60 freeway heading from LA to the Rivera Hotel. Those were the days.
Now when I hear Spring Break, I remember the good times all the fun we had when we were young. So I may not be in college, but I can still have fun! I’m heading out to Las Vegas this Spring Break and I'm using AARP rewards to help save my on my travels.
To began, I have my preferred resort when I stay in Las Vegas and I know the restaurants that my resort has. I use my AARP card for 10% savings and I strategically purchase restaurant gift cards from AARP with up to 30% savings and then use the restaurants coupons and match up the Near You restaurants for maximum savings. For example, Baja Fresh gift card is currently 20% off and there is a $5 gift card currently available for 12,000 points. I already have a few that I have obtained in previous months, so I combine them all together and I have a lunch with lower out of pocket costs. There is Jersey Mikes BOGO on Near You, and I have many $5 gift cards I have purchased with points previously making this another free lunch. I purchase Starbucks gift cards, or Krispy Kreme gift cards with points for my morning coffee in Vegas and have been lucky enough to have won a few instant wins for gift cards. AARP has discounts on rental cars, hotel rooms, sweepstakes for Airbnb gift cards up for grabs, discounts on cruise lines and a lot of wonderful discounts for us to enjoy. AARP Rewards has saved me money and this is just a few ways I can save on my spring break travels.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Planning on a beach trip. Thanks for the chance.

0 Kudos
Contributor

We will head to Galveston after a trip to MD Anderson. We use AARP for rental car and hotel discounts and check for local restaurant deals!

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Planning on going to watch our son play college golf.   Use AARP for gift cards and hotel discounts.  Appreciate the offerings,

0 Kudos

With all the traveling I participate in, gift cards are the best reward for me. Can’t wait to travel South soon for warm weather to kick off summer

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

AARP Rewards Spring Break Contest 2023.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I purchase gift cards at a discount to restaurants that are in other states for when we travel there.  

0 Kudos
Contributor

We often go on road trips. The gift cards we win really help when we stop for food. Would love to win some cruise cards.

0 Kudos
Contributor

My family and I are going on a trip at the end of May and are using AARP for our rental car.

0 Kudos
Contributor

My husband and I have used AARP Rewards toward rental cars and are planning a trip this fall

0 Kudos
Contributor

New member and excited!!!!  Planning to visit my daughter who is attending school in LA for Mother's Day

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Looking forward to visiting family in Utah and Colorado using Airbnb and Hotel accommodations. Will be using AARP discounts on Hotel. Thanks again 

0 Kudos
Contributor

6 weeks until our cruise.  The carnival cards would be a great bonus.  So would the airbnb cards.

0 Kudos
Contributor

So tired of winter!  I need to get out and have some fun!

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Space Adventure Pinball and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP