Content starts here
CLOSE ×
Search

AARP Rewards Spring Break Contest 2023

Community Manager
Community Manager

AARP Rewards Spring Break Contest 2023

Headed out of town this spring? Share how you use AARP Rewards to save on your travels for a chance to win!  Contest runs from March 20th through April 16, 2023.  We will choose weekly winners that will win:  $250 Carnival Gift Card (2, one each week) and $250 Airbnb Gift Card (2, one each week) for a total of four winners!

Example: My best friend and I are planning a trip to Ireland this May! We are going to see The Cliff of Mohr and Trinity College. I'm excited about exploring the country. We purchased Airbnb gift cards through AARP Rewards to help us save on lodging.

To enter, reply to this post before April 16, 2023, with your travel plans and how you use AARP Rewards to save.  

Rules for the contest are posted here -   AARP Rewards Spring Break 2023 Contest

AARPTeri

Traveling to NC to visit friends. Used my AARP discount for car rental.

0 Kudos

That’s so exciting! My best friend and I are going in September and are thrilled!

(We also have Air B&B with AARP🤗)

We’ve been lucky enough to escape for 15 days and can’t wait to toast each other with Slainté!🍻 🍀🍀I do hope you have wonderful weather and safe travels!

**ALWAYS use your AARP card to limit any and all expenses!!

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

We're planning a trip to TN at the beginning of summer. We plan to use our AARP discount to rent a car to drive there. We'll also purchase some discounted Airbnb gift cards for use on our cabin, but I'm really hoping to WIN the Airbnb gift card in the April sweepstakes that I enter using points.  I'll also check for AARP discounts for local attractions and eating establishments near Gatlinburg and purchase some discounted gift cards for the restaurants nearby. I'll be checking for discounted gas cards as well. The question should be "How won't we use our AARP membership to save money on our vacation?"!

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Congrats to another winner @CarynwithaY was chosen as one of our four winners!!

AARPTeri
Regular Contributor

I thought judging wasn't until Friday.  Who are the 4 winners?

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

@nancyian That is always an approximate date, we were able to review all prior and all 4 winners have been awarded to:  SherrieE551824, IMShamrock, LouisE704491, and PhillipsFamily.  

AARPTeri
0 Kudos
Contributor

My husband, my 8 yr old granddaughter and i are going on a carnival cruise on May 27 and can use the carnival gift card to purchase photos so she can always look back at the photos and remember her cruise with her grandparents.

0 Kudos
Contributor

My husband passed away last year on 8/15. He was in a vehicle accident severely injured left him with Traumatic Brain Injury. I was his caretaker for 2 1/12 yrs. Taking care of my husband of 32 yrs was a great loving experience for both of us. Immediately after his vehicle accident his Dr’s taught me how to communicate with him in days to come. One morning as I was helping him eat his breakfast I asked him if you could take a trip anywhere where would you want to go? He said drive Route 66 across the USA!! I thought to myself really. His Dr’s told me zi could no longer take care of him in our home I had to place him in a Care Facility. I had to sell our home to pay for his care & Our Daughter insisted I come live with her, my Son N Law & Granddaughter I am truly grateful & thankful to them. After he passed away our kids keep telling Mom you need to move on we want to see you smile again. On day recently I was going through My Husband things he had in his office I found his mapped out “Dream Vaca” Route 66 I truly feel that is what me dream Vacation will be too. A vacation in the great USA!!

0 Kudos

I booked a trip to Las Vegas  using AARP travel for my 16th wedding anniversary.  Needless to say the whole  experience was awful

1. Flight time changed and once I received that information, I called AARP travels  whom I booked the trip with( trip included  air, transfrers, insurance and hotel) After spending hours on the phone, I was assured that everything  was taking care of and I would  get a updated email with all the necessary information. Fast forward we get to Vegas go to the resort to check in and guess what they are booked and have no room for us, Of course we called AARP Travel which is through Expedia and  we were told, that the person who helped us the day before was customer service and not reservation, if customers service couldn't help us, why weren't we transferred to reservation? So this person  had me on hold while I'm in the hotel lobby,  she tells me to go to the front  desk and ask for Lily, stating she will take care of me ,long story  short,  there was no Lily  working there I even let the hotel manager  speak to this lady I was ON the phone with, I over heard the manager state they never received an email from AARP EXPEDIA,  and could not  help us. AARP EXPEDIA only offered a refund  of $ 125.00 after I paid almost $1200 for my anniversary trip.

I will never use this site to book anything ever again and I will not renew AARP

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

Couple of months ago, we decided to book a trip to Galveston - take a break from our Midwest winter, soak up some sun, and stroll along the Strand. It's amazing what you can save, if you remember to use your AARP membership card. We saved 30% on our Avis car rental, 20% on our Holiday Inn Express room, and 15% on lunch at Denny's. I also used a couple of gift cards (Target and Walmart) I purchased with my AARP rewards to buy a couple of items we forgot to pack. When you're planning a trip, look up the benefits and rewards AARP has to offer - you can really save some dough!

0 Kudos
Contributor

I'm going on a Valentine's Carnival Cruise. I bought gift cards through AARP to save on my cruise!

0 Kudos
Contributor

Sisters trip for us, four of us going to Vancouver Island. How it would be to include a Carnival tour!

0 Kudos

I am new to this but I would like to win!

0 Kudos
Contributor

My best friend and I are planning a trip to Daytona for the Welcome To Rockville weekend of music.  It would be awesome to win and help pay for hotel and food and such, cause we all know SS doesn't pay for much.

0 Kudos
Contributor

We are going on a Carnival cruise and would use the gift cards to pay for some of the excursions we want to go on.  The Air bnb card would come in handy for the city/port that we are staying overnight before boarding.  hope we win !

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

We are looking forward to a trip to Charleston, SC to visit family and using Airbnb card would be great. 

0 Kudos

My wife & I are planning a trip to Newport Beach with our 2 daughters.  We will use our AARP card for discounts at Restaurants & admissions to local historic houses.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

My mother's large family of 10 siblings is having a family reunion this summer (the last one was over a decade ago) and we've stocked up on restaurant, grocery and retail store gift cards from AARP to use for the celebration!  With such a large extended family, we are thankful to find terrific savings and travel advise through our membership!

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Congrats to @PhillipsFamily for being chosen as a Winner!

AARPTeri
0 Kudos
Contributor

My daughter and I are saving through AARP as of today!! I switched to the auto insurance and saved over $300!! I also signed up for the Allstate roadside assistance and payed $40 less than I’d been paying before!! Now we will plan our spring break trip!!!

0 Kudos
Contributor

I would use the Airbnb card to have a family reunion near Shepherdstown WV

0 Kudos
Contributor

I’m excited to go to Florida for some much needed r and r

0 Kudos

Taking my 72 year old mom on her first cruise on Carnival.  So excited to enjoy the quality time and her reaction to seeing different parts of the world.

Contributor

Going to Alabama tonite for a funeral and will use my AARP card for savings.

Contributor

1. Just signed up yesterday, excited to explore. Currently  have 2 Carnival Cruises booked, April 2023 & January 2024!! We went in Jan on Carnival, came home and immediately booked ! again . Becoming an AARP member should benefit me in the long run!!
Community Manager
Community Manager

Congrats SherrieE has won a $250 Carnival Gift Card!

AARPTeri
Contributor

Thank you so much - I’ve never won anything … very much appreciate this ❤️

0 Kudos
Contributor

I love house museums and gardens.  I plan to visit Reynolda house in North Carolina, Hyde Park in NY, and Newport, RI.  I will use my AARP hotel discounts along the way.

Contributor

We purchased the discounted AARP Carnival gift card for our Carnival Vista trip out of Galveston on 4/1. We're stopping at Cozumel, Montego Bay & Grand Cayman. Such a great deal buying the card through AARP!

Periodic Contributor

ROAD TRIP! Family, friends, new places to eat and sites to see. Have reservations made for May and will visit wifes Mom in Sun City while in Arizona. Expect at least 3 days on the road so AARP will be helping with overnight stays, food stops, gas stops, and places to visit!

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

AARP Limited Time Offer: Memorial Day Sale! Join or renew for just $9 per year when you sign up for a 5-year term and get a FREE gift.

AARP Memorial Day Membership Sale

More From AARP