Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

AARP Rewards Holiday Savings & Budget Contest 2022

Community Manager
Community Manager

AARP Rewards Holiday Savings & Budget Contest 2022

Share how you use the Rewards Catalog to support your holiday giving and budgeting for a chance to win one of eight (8) $50 gift cards.  

One example from previous year's posts:

I purchase the max amount of Build-a-Bear gift cards for two months and use them as stocking stuffers for my grandchildren.  

Runs from 9/27 - 11/23/22. Click here for rules

AARPTeri
Periodic Contributor

I use the rewards catalog to find gift cards for the perfect Christmas gift for my husband.

Trusted Contributor

looks like vbachor is doing the same...

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I use the rewards catalog to find gift cards for the perfect Christmas gift for my wife.

Trusted Contributor

looks like sb95635121 is doing the same....

0 Kudos
Contributor

I save my points all year and use them to buy gift cards for a raffle we have at school… it’s my contribution 

Trusted Contributor

I have bought gift cards in the past, especially when there was a good daily deal.  Now my budget is so tight, I'm just trying to win gift cards to use for the holidays.

Contributor

I save money by answering quizzes and earning points that I can then redeem for gift cards either for shopping or to purchase restaurant cards to give as gifts. I appreciate the opportunity to do so because it really helps take the edge off of expenses during the holiday season.

Contributor

i buy the gift cards available saving a few dollars on each. It adds up!

Periodic Contributor

I use the rewards catalog to find gift cards for things I already use, like Amazon, Macy’s and restaurants.

Periodic Contributor

I have used rewards to buy electronic cards and sent them with personalized messages. I have also bought gift cards, entered sweepstakes, downloaded local coupons, and bought magazine subscriptions. This is a rewarding program that allows me to earn while I learn.

Periodic Contributor

I enter for Amazon gift cards

Periodic Contributor

I use points for getting magazine, get an e-card, contributing to AARP Foundation for fighting hunger.

#AARP REWARD

#CONTEST 2022

Periodic Contributor

I look for restaurant gift cards because we tend to eat out more during the holidays.  It helps to offset the extra money we spend on gift giving.

Kudos
Views
Contributor

Everyone loves gift cards, and AARP makes it easy to find the right one for everyone. I purchase gift cards for my family and faraway friends (not my "fair-weather" friends) and distribute them widely so that everyone can get a little relief from holiday shopping and treat themselves for once.

Contributor

I try to win gift cards to give as presents

I love to use rewards to win gift cards

Regular Contributor

I use the points I win to get gift certificates to save on various items/thing- ie DD, CVS etc.

I have used my points that i traded for gc and gave it to my daughter to use.. Help her and her family out. Every little thing helps these days.

Contributor

I've gifted magazine subscriptions for summer birthdays, looking forward to gifting more subscriptions for the holidays. Sometimes I wrap up a box with items that suggest the gift subscription, like food ingredients to symbolize a cooking magazine.  

I'd love to see some children's magazines included in 2023. Magazine subscriptions remind the recipient that you are thinking of them all year long. 🌲

Contributor

I use my points to enter the sweepstakes throughout the year. 

Contributor

Being disabled & only receiving SS Disability income, I use anything I win/ earn through points/prizes on AARP & other groups I belong to, for gift giving. It's a GREAT way to stretch my holiday budget (& birthday budget, as well), so it doesn't impact my regular household budget. I'm VERY grateful that organizations like AARP offer such things, as they often help so much & actually mean way more than they realize! Without them, I would NOT be able to give to all the loved ones on my list, which is the main purpose/spirit of the holiday season! So, THANK YOU for your continued generosity AARP, as it allows me to do the same for others! 🎁💗

use gift cards to save money on groceries and restaurants.

Kudos
Views
Contributor

Save on giftcards.

Periodic Contributor

We booked a long cruise to celebrate the holidays and getting back out there after the pandemic.  We bought cruise gift cards over a 2 month period (since limited to 5 gift card purchases per month) in order to save 10% off the already great price of the cruise.  Really helps our dollars go farther!

gift cards for stocking stuffers

Contributor

I'll be using it to buy gift cards which are easy stocking stuffers

It's easy to use the gift cards and save money on family gifts

Contributor

I enter the giveaways throughout the year and hope to win. I haven't used the rewards catalog at all but will have to check it out now that I know about it.

Conversationalist

As a senior who lives on a very strict budget, the instant wins I have gotten by using my points are a huge bonus to my Christmas. Each time I win something, my first thought is woo-hoo-another gift I can share . Truly, greatly appreciated. 

Contributor

I use reward points to enter the instant wins and the other contests. So far, I have won 2 instant wins which I can use or give as gifts to my immediate family. 

Kudos
Views

Thank you.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Block Champ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP