Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

AARP Rewards Community Tips Contest 2022

Community Manager
Community Manager

AARP Rewards Community Tips Contest 2022

Have a tip on how you use AARP Rewards to learn, save, or score points?  Share your favorite earn activities, top ways to save, strategies on completing Extra Credit and other tips for the chance to be one of five (5) winners of 1,000 AARP Rewards Points! All participants will receive 50 AARP Rewards points for sharing their tip. 

Post your message by clicking reply at the bottom of this message! Contest runs from 6/13 until 7/1/22.  Click here to see Contest Rules.

AARPTeri
Contributor

Watching videos and answering the Quizzes gives you great information and Staying Sharp is another way that helps also. The Gifts cards are a great way to save money on the things you buy on a daily basis....

0 Kudos
Contributor

love the relaxation activities as heaven knows we need them in these trying time

0 Kudos
Contributor

I do daily quizzes and mediation and exercise videos. Enter daily sweepstakes and instant games. Love reading articles and recipes

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

I try daily to do some video's (exercise, and general knowledge ones)... Quizzes and esp the puzzles.. I use the points to get some "extras" avail to members only.. and do the instant wins daily...

Love challenging myself w the trivia and puzzles..Always love the extra credit (in emails) etc

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I always try for ecards; extra credit early in the month and try to earn points every day by taking quizzes.

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

I enjoy testing my knowledge by taking the quizzes and I try to keep my mind sharp and active with the word games and staying sharp challenges offered on the Website. These are also a great way to earn reward points to utilize to enter the many instant wins and sweepstakes offered on the site. I've never won anything yet, but hopefully my time will come

Contributor

Hello, 
I just joined. Is there a forum or blog on AARP to connect and make friends? The information you shared about the quizzes is very helpful. How do I find those?
Thanks in advance.

Thankful, Grateful Daily
0 Kudos
Contributor

Navigate to your page that tells you how many point you have. On that page you will have a drop down menu on the left hand side. Click on that and find the choice for 'Earn'. In this section there are videos to watch worth 300 pts and quizzes to take worth 425 pts. And as for making friends search http://www.seniorsinplay.com/  This is a program put on by AARP and if you are at all interested in acting this is a free opportunity to get involved with a Zoom based acting class/group. And a  great opportunity to connect and make friends.

Hope this helps!

Cheryl

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Each month I try to complete the Discover quizzes and videos then I move over to the Extra credit items. I look for what peaks my interest and find which credits I can redeem for points. I love earning gifts eCards for my favorite restaurants and stores.👍😍

0 Kudos
Contributor

I enjoy the meditation videos before I fall asleep. Relax AND get etra points at the same time😁.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I find the exercise videos very helpful.  I hurt my back and I have found how to safely stretch my back and strengthen my core.

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Remember that you don't have to drive the speed of other cars on the highway. AARP has let us know that keeping to 60 MPH saves gas & money. 

0 Kudos
Contributor

I use the AARP and Staying Sharp sites almost daily. I love to take the quizzes that give members 450 points. I’ve also completed almost all of the Staying Sharp challenges and found them informative and challenging at the same time. The games on both the AARP and staying sharp apps are very fun and intriguing. 

I use most of my points currently for the sweepstakes. I’ve been trying to earn enough points to add entries to different sweepstakes every day. I also used points to do the brain assessment. That has been very informative and fun as well.

I use the member benefits for AARP regularly. For example the 10% off at UPS is handy. As well as many of the other benefits for members.

I almost forgot to mention to make sure you sync your Fitbit with the AARP app to earn points just for your every day activities. 

0 Kudos
Contributor

I enjoy the news quizzes.  I recently won an electric garden cultivator and shears.  The shears I can use, the cultivator will go to a good home.  I enjoy the exercise videos, too.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I contribute my points to AARP Foundation for contributions to food programs for seniors or AARP Foundation initiatives! It's a great way to contribute to very important causes.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I read the emails and try to complete at least one activity to earn points and keep my mind sharp!

0 Kudos
Contributor

I check in every day for rewards my fitbit is connected I received points every day love the reward video's and multiple choice questions I do exercise video's  every morning and Sweepstakes everyday

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

I like the Right Again! Trivia. It's a fun and challenging way for members to earn 300 points.

Contributor

I read all AARP mails and take part in all sweepstakes and other schemes. I love it and enjoy it. some schemes do not give results right away, that is fine but result is not known after the due date. 

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I purchase gift cards for flowers that I use to order them for my mother. I earn points daily that I use to enter the various sweepstakes.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I log into AARP Rewards, AARP Daily and AARP Webletter, basically any AARP emails and look for ways to earn points.  Not only am I getting rewarded with points but am being kept up to date and educated with all around and newsworthy information.  The rewards point accumulate quite fast and I have fun spending them. 

0 Kudos
Contributor

I have gone through our drawers and collected all of the unused gift cards. I carry them in a separate part of my wallet and when I am where I can use one it is readily available. I had gift cards to coffee shops, hardware stores and grocery stores. I am using them up.  It has saved a lot of  money. 

Nancy B Breland
0 Kudos

We began a water aerobics class at the +55 mobile home park and the attendees are amazed how wonderful they feel when the class is over.  Thanks for keeping us inspired.

0 Kudos
Contributor

When I first became a member, I didn't pay attention to the black Trivia Time boxes at the end of the AARP email messages. Later I discovered that all you have to do to earn those extra 100 points is type the answer (correct answer under Enter Your Answer button) in the "Enter a promo code" box that appears when you click Enter Your Answer, and then click the right arrow on that same box. Then you instantly earn 100 points, which is an easy way to earn points!

0 Kudos
Contributor

i like videos and quizzes.   i enjoy the benefits of aarp..thanks

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I go to senior exercise classes at my local multi-generational center twice a week.  I can really feel the muscles increasing, especially in my arms!  Besides, it gives me an opportunity to socialize with "like type" folks.   I also like to ride my bike along the greenbelt that is right near my house.  I am an active person so I keep busy around the house doing yard work, painting, etc.  Sitting still is not part of me life!

0 Kudos

Good for you!Life is so much better when active physically  and mentally. 

0 Kudos
Contributor

One of the first things I do in the morning is to access the AARP website and work a couple of the crossword puzzles.  The puzzles get my brain geared up for the day better than a cup of coffee and I can earn points as well.

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

I use AARP Rewards website to renew magazine subscriptions such as Readers' Digest. It's usually the lowest cost option for doing so.

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Contributor

I take the quizzes and watch the excellent videos.

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP