Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

AARP Rewards Community Learning & Earning Contest August 2022

Community Manager
Community Manager

AARP Rewards Community Learning & Earning Contest August 2022

August 2022, Learning/Earning/Back to School Contest!

Tell us how you keep your brain active to keep engaged for the chance to be one of five (5) winners of a $50 VISA Gift card! 

Post your message by clicking reply at the bottom of this message! Contest runs from 8/1 until 8/31/22.  Click here to see Contest Rules.

Some examples to help get you started!

My son moved to Germany, and I take German classes so I can feel a little more comfortable with the language when I visit him for the holidays.

I like to take quizzes and watch videos about topics I’m interested in like “what do you know about long-term care” from the Rewards earning page.

AARPTeri
Kudos
Views
Replies
Conversationalist

This contest is over, right? >>> The AARP Rewards Online Community Learning & Earning Contest 2022 (“Contest”) takes place between August 1, 2022 at 9:00 AM Eastern Time (“ET”) and all entries must be received no later than August 31, 2022 at 12 PM ET (“Promotion Period”).' 

I think it should be unpinned. Thanks! 🙂

[̲̅$̲̅(̲̅5̲̅)̲̅$̲̅] (☉౪ ⊙)
Contributor

Eating healthy and taking care of your self.  Exercise your body and your mind.  I do strategy gaming, I'm learning to code, if I don't know how to do something I learn it. Even just talking and have an engaging conversation with my husband.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I like reading history books which will not lead you astray.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I like to do the AARP crossword puzzles. It keeps my brain sharp and allows me to earn points for chances to win great prizes. I also like to read, exercise, do word games, etc. I also downloaded the Staying Sharp app add-on to use with my Oculus for seemingly endless fun ways to stay sharp. It's all like oil for my sometimes rusty brain.

Periodic Contributor

I love to play the word games such as Scramble or Sequence Squares to challenge my score. I am not the best at the games however, I love getting better and better everyday. I love participating in the AARP rewards and watching the videos and the doing the quizzes. You can donate points to other senior who may need help or buy something for your self or grandchildren. 

I ALWAYS love the opportunity to learn new things/information to keep informed and share with others and have fun at the same time. 

Thanks

Periodic Contributor

The past 2 years I grew a flower garden, then took pictures of it as it progressed. I turned the pictures into puzzles to give to family, but I want to take it to the next level by starting a niche puzzle line. Although, physically, I wasn't able to do a garden this year, I still take sky and floral shots.

I also am the administrator for several mental health groups on Facebook and was facilitating a mental health support group.

Periodic Contributor

What a great idea! I've been a member of the National Wildlife Federation for years and registered my garden as a Wildlife Sanctuary. I noticed they are having a photography contest so maybe some of your work might fit their categories, esp. the garden one: 

https://gfwphotocontest.nwf.org/menu-home.aspx?comp_id=F699762D-B1DB-4A9E-AD23-9438EC4A1396
0 Kudos
Contributor

I joined AARP just this month and I have been watching videos and taken quizzes  almost daily to the point of maxing out my points earned for the day.  I am surprised at the amount of things I have learned in a short period of time.  I always dreaded turning 50 and all the age old jokes that came with it.  But over all I am quite pleased with how this new chapter of life is treating me! Thank You AARP! 

Contributor

I stay active in through classes at local art league—metal working, painting, design, etc. I like building new skills that I can use in new ways. 

Contributor

I play Wordle everyday.  I read and exercise daily. I play games with a group once a week. 

Regular Contributor

I play wordle too, it’s addicting! 

Contributor

I like to sharpen my mind by doing computer programming! I like to work in C#, which allows you to make games.

I also am currently taking a Spanish course where we're currently learning about holidays. It's not easy, but it's definitely good practice for your brain!

Conversationalist

To keep my brain active:

• I take advantage of Staying Sharp and its wealth of games, videos, interesting articles, enticing recipes.
  • I participate in several book clubs via zoom and read and discuss 4 books a month.
  • I keep abreast of the news by reading online papers, where I post comments daily; this keeps my spelling and grammar fresh and sharp.
  • I have scheduled a weekly Storytime via zoom with my grandkids who enjoy the tales I invent for them, sometimes in French, sometimes in English; the little ones are becoming fluent in a second language, I give and receive love, I keep my mind sharp; we are all winners!
Contributor

I keep my brain active through research (keeping multiple tabs constantly open in browser windows and mentally tracking all) and writing.

Periodic Contributor

I keep my brain active by walking 12,000 to 15,000 daily, along with working two jobs, one full time and the other part time, raising my 3 year old granddaughter and volunteer at her daycare with special events keeps me going, reading, I also; play games on my phone before falling asleep it relaxes me and watching Pyramid with Michael Strahan co-host. I have a lot to keep me and my brain busy....

Social Butterfly

@cherry1932 , You are amazing!  You must have found a way to fit in more than 24 hrs. in your day! 😄 What type of work do you do?

0 Kudos
Contributor

I keep my brain active by attending adult education classes, participating in discussion groups, attending live concerts, and I read 2-3 books a week.

Social Butterfly

@fl6973 , What type of books do you enjoy reading?

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I keep my brain active by walking for 20 minutes a day. I follow the DASH meal plan to stay healthy. I read books to learn something new everyday. I spend 10 minutes a day sitting in a quiet place saying to myself that I am strong, I am worthy and I am loved. I spend 20 minutes a day working in the yard weeding and pruning the bushes.

Social Butterfly

@ELew0011 , I think daily affirmations are a great practice!

0 Kudos
Contributor

I read a book a day

Social Butterfly

@jmcghee007 , That's impressive!

0 Kudos
Info Seeker

Each week I find new recipes from foreign countries with ingredients I do not recognize, or know where to find.  Then I learn about them, find out where to buy the ingredients, and make the dish. It has been a fun cultural exploration and keeps my brain active and engaged with my food. 

Periodic Contributor

I do a lot of that do! It's fun, educational, and mostly delicious....

Contributor

I have several weekly, if not daily, activities that I enjoy to keep my brain active. They include reading, walking, praying and playing. I enjoy reading novels and have found many fascinating reads that I can't put down :). I walk three times a week, either in a park, at a church walking track or in my condo parking lot. Spending time in prayer and reading God's Word keep me encouraged and uplifted. I love playing games and find that playing competitive dominoes with neighbors, as well as games on my IPad, such as Brain HQ and Luminosity, challenge me, as well as add another level of enjoyment to my day.  

Contributor

I keep my brain active by playing games that make me think on my phone, computer and on paper, especially Words With Friends and Solitaire.  I also read a lot on different subjects.  I have also fun walking in my neighborhood gives me an opportunity to clear my mind and enjoy nature.  Lastly, I tutor in Math; this keeps my mind alert as I learn new techniques that are being taught to students.

Regular Contributor

I keep my brain active by reading fiction for the book clubs I attend, nonfiction and current news,  listening to music, doing Wordle everyday-it's addictive!, cooking healthy plant based meals, gardening and hanging out with my 8 year old grandson who loves to talk Pokemon, hahaha. I'm always planning out next trip or getaway and learning about the area we will visit!  I just got a newer car with lots of tech and that kicks my brain into a whole other gear while driving-lots to pay attention to for sure!

Contributor

I solve the rubik's cube, often times creating unique color patterns. I also play role playing games (rpg) that involve various strategies to survive and win. 

I play memory and puzzle games to keep my brain active. I also use duolingo to work on learning a new language. I meditate, color, cook and walk to keep my mind and body active and engaged.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP