Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

AARP Rewards Community Learning & Earning Contest August 2022

Community Manager
Community Manager

AARP Rewards Community Learning & Earning Contest August 2022

August 2022, Learning/Earning/Back to School Contest!

Tell us how you keep your brain active to keep engaged for the chance to be one of five (5) winners of a $50 VISA Gift card! 

Post your message by clicking reply at the bottom of this message! Contest runs from 8/1 until 8/31/22.  Click here to see Contest Rules.

Some examples to help get you started!

My son moved to Germany, and I take German classes so I can feel a little more comfortable with the language when I visit him for the holidays.

I like to take quizzes and watch videos about topics I’m interested in like “what do you know about long-term care” from the Rewards earning page.

AARPTeri
Kudos
Views
Replies
Contributor

I like playing games on my computer and tablet.

I like to read.

I play games and quizzes on AARP web site.

I like walking and crafting

0 Kudos
Contributor

I have been attending AARP Trivia every week. I register for at least one informative virtual class a day. There are so many informative virtual classes that you can learn from. This is in addition to reading, crafting and walking. Thank you AARP

0 Kudos
Contributor

I like to play Wordscapes daily to keep my brain (and spelling) sharp!

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I identify or recall birds I know by sight and/or sound without resorting to apps or field guides.

Contributor

I do sudoku puzzles from the Absolutely Nasty Sudoku series and I play at least one game each of freecell, solitaire, mahjong and Minesweeper. I read fiction everyday and I'm dabbling with arts and crafts.

Maritza Maxey
0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I'm starting a new business which requires a lot of reading about the industry and the latest developments in technology.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I enjoy reading, doing puzzles and I love all the brain activities that AARP offers.  I watch the informaitonal videos and have learned a lot from them.  I exercise daily by walking at least 30 minutes outside enjoying nature.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I publish psychological thriller books! Between the research, writing the novel, and keeping up with social media, I’m always keeping my mind active. Sandie Will

0 Kudos

Mentally:  in addition to AARP puzzles and games, learning the languages of my ancestors: Polish and Italian

Physically:  knee strengthening exercises 3 times a week and walking at least 2 miles 4 or 5 times a week ( currently working at walking the length of the Empire State Trail)

Socially:  meeting with friends for coffee and chats

Spiritually:  reading the Pope’s message daily and regularly attending mass

Regular Contributor

I read every day - a mix of fiction and non-fiction. I do the quizzes from AARP rewards. My husband and I do puzzles after breakfast and lunch - crossword, code word, sudoku, etc.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I keep my brain active by playing many different games and it's very fun and entertaining. I do alot of surveys too.

0 Kudos
Contributor

Hi, I do online surveys, they are fun and you get reward points or actual cash for any survey you qualify for and complete, I do so many surveys from several sites that I haven't had to use my credit card on Amazon for two years!  I also like to do crossword puzzles.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I keep my brain active by playing video games, Internet, building model cars & playing puzzles

0 Kudos
Contributor

I play hidden search games, puzzles, read articles. I crochet. I try to talk to people. I help at church when I can. I have a strong faith in God. And I take my medicine for memory. 

Victoria Lamparski 

0 Kudos
Contributor

I keep my mind active by crocheting or knitting all types of things such as Amigurumi toys and other useful items. I read my Kindle, mostly mysteries. I also do crossword puzzles everyday. I take walks in our beautiful little town of McKinney Texas. 

0 Kudos

I am giving piano lessons to a woman who has never played piano before  She wants to learn certain songs so I have written out the melody on manuscript paper and numbered the fingerings and the notes.  I do this from memory of the tune and put it in an easy key to play.  Glenda Carper

I let myself try to do quizzes on AARP as long as I have time, especially when I have to be on hold during a phone call, and I watch at least 3 videos on AARP app every day.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I love reading information on the AARP website which has a lot of valuable information and I love doing puzzles and games and earning reward points.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I learn new information from reading and watching AARP daily while earning valuable points.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I work on crossword puzzles when I have a few minutes to spare. I also play Mah Jongg with my buddies on Wednesday afternoons.

0 Kudos
Contributor

Every day I do the free games on Luminosity and play the crossword puzzles and trivia games on the AARP website.  I also complete a Spanish lesson online (which I started during the pandemic so I’m now up to 816 consecutive days).  I was hearing so much about Pickleball that I sought out a class to learn it & I’m now a big fan.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I entered this contest & though it's interesting to see what others are doing, somehow I am getting everyone's response and this leads to about 100 unwelcomed emails a day.  Please do not send me other's reply, tks

0 Kudos
Contributor

I downloaded an app to practice Spanish. I had taken four years of it in school and am out of practice. It’s amazing how much I’ve learned!

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

I play a  lot of Sudoku and word puzzles.  I also do some picture searches.  I like AARP games.

0 Kudos
Contributor

To keep my brain active, I do games dealing with numbers like Sudoku and Ken Ken -- but with a slight twist. I would turn the games upside down so that not only do I have to READ the printed numbers upside down, but I would also WRITE my numbers in the same upside down format.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I chair a book award jury for the American Library Association and review books for several journals. I also do crossword puzzles and maintain active use of French, Spanish, Russian, and Hebrew.

0 Kudos
Info Seeker

Every day I use Google Search to review a research study or results summary about interested topics such "the feedback fallacy", "the pursuit of happiness" and "wisdom scale" results.  Yoga and spiritual meditation help me to feed and stimulate brain function.  Volunteering in ways that encourage me to be other-minded about someone else's life condition.  Brisk power walking helps to clear my brain of stressors.  Lastly, playing smartphone games like CrosswordJam, WordCollect and Solitare keep me competing with myself, having fun and expanding my vocabulary.  Beverly Odon   

0 Kudos
Contributor

I do crossword puzzles including the NY Times every day. I read a variety of books and newspapers daiky.

0 Kudos

I play words games daily, crosswords, word scrambles, and complete quizzes. I also like to answer quizzes on the AARP website where I learn and challenge myself with each experience. I read books and I still work with young adults daily (who challenge me all the time when it comes to navigating technology). I also try to walk daily and eat healthy.

0 Kudos
Contributor

i attend a Brain Health class at the local senior center.  One of the exercises was to commit to something that would help both your brain and your body,  I committed to attend  a fitness exercise program 3 times a week and just finished my 90th program yesterday. I also work puzzles of all kinds daily, read at least 2 books a week, play mah jong and 5 Crowns 4 times weekly, and meet daily with friends for coffee.  

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP