Content starts here
CLOSE ×
Search

$2300 of gift cards for PRINCESS CRUISES NOT DELIVERED DESPITE TAKING the $$ from my account

Contributor

$2300 of gift cards for PRINCESS CRUISES NOT DELIVERED DESPITE TAKING the $$ from my account

I purchased $2300 of gift cards for Princess cruises.  These have not been delivered despite the 24 hour timeline.  They are not in spam.

I have called, gotten the run around. I received an email with a phone number that NO ONE ANSWERS.  It has been 4 days.  This needs to be fixed.

You don't take peoples money and not provide the merchandise.  

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@DanielleT737856 Hi Danielle, I'm terribly sorry to hear about your experience with receiving your gift cards. I reviewed your account and your escalation is being worked on by Magda. Magda will email you as soon as she receives notification of a resolution. Keep an eye out for this communication from our escalations team. Let me know if you need anything further, I'm here to help!

Contributor

Regan, the poor rep on the phone wants to help me, but has no way to help me.  She has to hang up on me because there's nothing she can do.  It sounds like this is a larger problem.  I NEED MY Gift cards.  I have a trip on Thursday I NEED THEM NOW.  This is after the 24 hour SLA, if you cannot meet a 24 hour SLA than don't advertise it.  

0 Kudos
Contributor

You TOOK THE MONEY.  Provide the GIFT CARDS.  MAGDA DOES NOT ANSWER HER PHONE.No one will get me to Magda.  Regan at your rewards number says that there are no supervisors or managers to take escalated calls. 

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@DanielleT737856 I completely understand your frustration. The escalations team will email you when they have more information. It has been escalated to the department that will resolve the issue and release your gift cards. Occasionally the delivery timeframe may be extended based on the circumstances. You can review the AARP Rewards Terms & Conditions for complete info on delivery timeframes: https://www.aarp.org/about-aarp/rewards-terms-and-conditions/ As soon as your escalation is resolved, you will receive an email communication. 

Periodic Contributor

@AARPJanelleM I have gone through the entire purchasing process up to the final screen.  No where in the process are the T&C linked.  No where does it state that you agree to the T&C for that transaction.  When did I agree to the T&C?  When I signed up for the membership as a whole?  Even the highest-strength readers wouldn't help me find this fine print.

0 Kudos
Contributor

Can you show me where I had access or a hint that I should review these T&C before purchase?  I don't see this link when I am looking at the gift cards for purchase.  Another in my traveling party has $920 locked up on Princess cards too.  I was successful last Friday; he was not successful last night.

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@NateB566161 @AndrewB228832 Each user that chooses to opt in for the AARP Rewards program must agree to the AARP Rewards Terms & Conditions prior to accessing the site for the first time. You can learn more about the Rewards program and access the T&C here: https://www.aarp.org/rewards/about/

Contributor

I have read the terms.  Per the terms this should have already been delivered.  It's funny how selective AARP is when they don't meet terms.  This is an egift card.  

As far as communication, I did get a canned response to a number that is a voicemail.  No one responds to the voicemail.  

I just spoke with rewards department...apparently there is no way to escalate anything, no supervisors, no managers, no department head.  None of them can bother to take a call. 

I can't even get an ETA on arrival.  BUT, AARP has the money,you've had the money since Sunday.  This feels like FRAUD.

Looking at this site, it is very clear that I am not the only one struggling.  I have also asked to log a complaint with your National Office of the President. I will continue to call every hour including the National Office of the President until resolve.  

You can't take people money without providing the service.  And it is ridiculous that there is literally NO ONe but 1 person to talk to. 

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Did you end up getting the giftcards? 

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@DanielleT737856 Your escalation was updated yesterday and your gift cards were released to your email at 12:03 pm PST. Be sure to reply to Magda's email if you do not receive them within the 24 hour timeframe. 

Periodic Contributor

There is no transparency and no communication. I still have never received an email confirming that I purchased two (2) $500 gift cards. 

AARP did a very good job taking my money. A very bad job keeping it without giving me what I purchased. 

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

And I read the T&C. The customer service reps are quick to quote and point it out. It is small and obscure. It is at the point that you sign up for a free account. It isn’t easily seen when you are clicking on purchase and parting ways with a thousand dollars. 

For a company trying to help and look out for an older group of Americans, this behavior — while legal — doesn’t feel like it has a person’s best interests. 

In my conversations no one has said “AARP made a mistake and we are working to get this right.” Instead, one time it was insinuated that it was my fault. Another time they blamed Princess cruises. I have talked to Princess and they weren’t any help. 

I don’t know who to talk to other than lodging a complaint with the Department of Commerce and the DOJ and reaching out to an investigative reporter. 

It feels like fraud when someone takes your money without an email to confirm the purchase or notify me there is an issue and they are working on it. 

I received an email from Magda that my complaint was escalated but then nothing since. 

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I am glad @DanielleT737856 had her problem resolved. I am still waiting for $1000 in gift cards. My credit card has been charged. My money is gone. But I have no gift cards. I don’t have any resolution despite an escalation and promise that the issue would be resolved in a day. It has now been 3 days. 

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

On the same boat, did you end up getting your giftcards?

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@NateB566161 Hey Nate, your cards were released and emailed to you on Sept 1. Let me know if you need anything!

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

AARP Limited Time Offer: Memorial Day Sale! Join or renew for just $9 per year when you sign up for a 5-year term and get a FREE gift.

More From AARP