Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Bronze Conversationalist

Supplementing SS

I've been wanting to brag about finding a 'job' that I REALLY enjoy, but where I don't have to compete with anyone else for.

I'm house 'n doggie sitting for a few people.  They like me especially because I don't drive, and very happy with playing with their little buddies, don't need to go anywhere while I'm sitting for them, and most of all maybe because I don't have a car that could break down while I'm there causing me to not be with their babies for hours.

My church's website has a tab for members to place a small ad for their business.  This is where my regular clients found me.  Since I'm a well-recognized volunteer at the church, I had instant credibility, trust worthiness, etc. with them.

I also picked up a couple of temporary or occassional clients from my card-playing group I joined via the Meet-Up website.

To keep everyone happy and myself sane, I use my yahoo calendar and tell my clients to let me know just as soon as they have the dates for their trips.  Thus, I currently have one-two weeks every month into November!

In Response to Re: Supplementing SS:
Are there valid work-at-home jobs available for seniors or are they all mere scams?
Posted by quilteresse007

I think that age discrimination, work experience and education are working against us!  I got tired of applying for job after job, having great interviews, and no job offers!  Sometimes we have to take matters into our own hands... start your own business, work hard at it, and you will have success!  I recently started my own healthy chocolate business and I'm building a strong foundation for future residuals!  There are tons of network marketing companies out there with products and services for just about every interest.  Minimal investment and minimal monthly overhead make these businesses attractive.  Do the research and find the company, product or service you like and go for it!

Here's the company I joined... http://mxi.myvoffice.com/tamaradavis
0 Kudos

Are there valid work-at-home jobs available for seniors or are they all mere scams?Embarassed

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

I've been wanting to brag about finding a 'job' that I REALLY enjoy, but where I don't have to compete with anyone else for.

I'm house 'n doggie sitting for a few people.  They like me especially because I don't drive, and very happy with playing with their little buddies, don't need to go anywhere while I'm sitting for them, and most of all maybe because I don't have a car that could break down while I'm there causing me to not be with their babies for hours.

My church's website has a tab for members to place a small ad for their business.  This is where my regular clients found me.  Since I'm a well-recognized volunteer at the church, I had instant credibility, trust worthiness, etc. with them.

I also picked up a couple of temporary or occassional clients from my card-playing group I joined via the Meet-Up website.

To keep everyone happy and myself sane, I use my yahoo calendar and tell my clients to let me know just as soon as they have the dates for their trips.  Thus, I currently have one-two weeks every month into November!
0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Asteroidsยฎ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP