Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

resumes

Where can you get a resume' done when you don't have any money?
0 Kudos
Contributor

One way a guide comes in handy is by showing you the difference between a CV and a resume. Some people have never heard from the former before, others confuse it with the latter, which is very, very bad. It will cause you to include much too much information in your resume, which is ideally supposed to only be about one or two pages. Generally, one page, perhaps a page and half a paragraph, are ideal. The hiring manager to whom you are writing has to go through dozens of applicants, which means reading dozens of resumes. He or she wants to get through them quickly; they will move on to the vitae when they want more information.

0 Kudos
Contributor

Download a resume app on your phone or I padetc. And follow the simple instructions!

0 Kudos
Contributor

Hi:  Where I live there are several places where those seeking help with resumes can get help for free. They are very helpful.

intuitivelyours@aol.com

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

I actually just make my own resume. It was not that hard and oyu can see some resume samples online. There are lots of sources in the web to make it easier for you. Good luck.

0 Kudos

I have been trying to get back into job market for three years now; my resume is updated, have registered with social media networks, employment sites--state, county, private entities, etc.  In my opinion, it appears that my job experience, knowledge, skills and education are no longer marketable to a number of employers.  They seem to pass over a wealth of work experience... Perhaps we need upgrade job training, computer skills, education, etc. (?)  I don't think so; we need to be given a chance to demonstrate our knowledge, skills and abilities.Smile

In Response to Employment: resumes:
With all the employment search sites I've registered with one would think it would be easy to find me if an employer really wanted to locate me.  I've been unemployed for 3 years now and am still waiting.  I've asked my OneStop counselor to match me with an employer who is willing to train, but nothing so far.  It's been a difficult learning experience but it has given me a stronger faith and I believe one day something good will happen.  
Posted by SIMPLEGAL

Conversationalist

Some places sometimes enjoy being stupid.  They know you have lots of talent but deep inside them, they want to play like they are with American Idol and have a stupid upper age limit of 28.  Sometimes it can be like young CEOs acting like two-year-olds.  At least where I work, what i have learned in Job Club, any department manager gets caught doing anything discriminatory gets fired on the spot with no second chances.  My boss is thrilled that I would go above and beyond to make sure that people our age gets back into the workforce.  

Seniors are just antique people rich with history.
0 Kudos
Gold Conversationalist

With all the employment search sites I've registered with one would think it would be easy to find me if an
employer really wanted to locate me.  I've been unemployed for 3 years now and am still waiting.  I've asked
my OneStop counselor to match me with an employer who is willing to train, but nothing so far.  It's been
a difficult learning experience but it has given me a stronger faith and I believe one day something good will happen.

0 Kudos

Where can you get a resume' done when you don't have any money?
0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipedeยฎ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP