Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Contributor

changing lanes

I am a 64 year old that is looking to change lanes for the last 20 years i have worked in a warehouse at our local paper.  My body is saying it is time to do something else not so physical.  With the employment climate, covid what are options for employment.  I am a veteran with some health issues who is not ready to throw in the towel.  What resources can i look into to get an idea of what is actually out there.

0 Kudos
Retired Community Manager

Hi, @sassyone, AARP is hosting an upcoming online career expo that may be of interest to you?

This a free event that can help you stay relevant in the changing job market. Our Online Career Expo is a three‑hour, come‑and‑go event where you can get advice on resume writing, learn from a career coach, hear from featured employers, or explore helpful resources, career chats, and sessions on remote work, jobs in demand, improving skills and more. Here are the details: 

Staying Competitive and Relevant for What’s Next

September 30, 1:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. ET

Click here to Register

If this date/time doesn't fit your schedule, register anyway and you’ll be able to access on‑demand webinars, resources, ask questions and search our job board later. 

0 Kudos
Regular Social Butterfly

First (and foremost) @sassyone congrats on 20 yrs! That is amazing and awesome! 

As a casual observer, I think you may know things you don't realize you do, such as writing style, investigative options, just exploring and writing about anything!

Remember back to where we were when we graduated high school and where we are now; strange spaces, yes?

Whatever you want to do now, you ABSOLUTELY CAN!

#StaySafe

#VegasStrong
Phil Harris, actor and showman, to John Fogerty of CCR: “If I’d known I’d live this long, I’d have taken better care of myself.”
0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Asteroids® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP