advice on moving from traditional employee/er to contractor/1099 worker

I may be moving from a traditional employee/employer relationship to that of a contractor/1099 worker for a totally different company. I'll be 58 when this happens early next year so I know I'll be responsible for my own health coverage, my own retirement funding, my own taxes ... anything else I may not be thinking about so I can calculate the "hourly rate" to charge the new company?


Trusted Contributor

(12/17/22) Hi @VirginiaW912121 , I think you have it all. I am presuming they will be providing the equipment you may need, internet and gas mileage? Of course you may be working at their location or from home. Sounds exciting!!! Thanks for sharing with us. Hope you will continue to "update" us. Nicole 🙂

0 Kudos
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need to Know

"I downloaded AARP Perks to assist in staying connected and never missing out on a discount!" -LeeshaD341679

AARP Perks

More From AARP