AARP members get more! Take a look at your member benefits.

Highlighted
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Re: Want to Work From Home

Message 1 of 33

To everyone participating in this discussion. You may be interested to know that we currently are hosting an AARP expert on this very topic. This month, ask AARP Expert Susan Weinstock about finding flexible work options that work for you. Please pop over to our Theme Month Discussion and join AARP subject matter expert Susan Weinstock. Thank you!

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 33

I aqm also looking for a job that I can do from home to help supplement my income.  I work now for a CPA and am not comfortable with the company anymore.  Please help me with finding a job from home.

Carol Perruchon
Kudos
Views
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

PETSITTER: Want to Work From Home

Message 3 of 33

Petsitting is great!  

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 33

I agreed with you.  As I stated before, I was a paid caregiver for my husband until he passed in Sept. I was on a leave of absence from my employer until I could get myself back together (which I still haven't done) and I got this weird message from them telling me that they couldn't find anyone for me to care for that wasn't my age so I wouldn't be a good match right now.  I just don't understand that since just because I am 64 doesn't mean I am not able to take care of someone my own age that has an illness or handicap that reguires them to have care.  Just doesn't make any sense to me.  I know there is a law against age discrimination but they never told me I was to old so I am confused.  Anyway I still am looking for a job and this point would take anything.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 33
Please help so tired of the young people treating elderly wrong
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 33
I don't know how this works but I also am looking for a job at home or out in a office somewhere
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 33

I just lost my husband and I was his caregiver for 10 years.  Since he passed I have lost my income and am in need of somthing to do to keep myself occupied as well as make some money to help me survive .  I am in dire need of income so I can make his final arrangements final.  We had no life insurance and I have no family so I am on my own.  If anyone has any suggestion please let me know please.  God Bless

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 33

Are there still positions available? Please let me know.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 33

My name is Ellen and I got a job through Rat Race Rebelliion and the job ended up working at Comcast.  The company who had Comcast is now out of business but Rat Race has other jobs.  I am going to look again.  Also, never, never pay for a job.  I had several jobs at home and I had one job that did surveys for what the person thought about certain people running for office and I got paid and never had any problems getting scammed.  The jobs I got that I just mentioned was around 5 to 10 years ago and the hacking people have gotten smarter and most of these people were from India and that region.  Good luck.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 33

I am aarp members is their a job

Kudos
Views