Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Want to Work From Home

I am currently looking to begin a new career working from home so I can care for my son who has special needs.  I've looked at a few jobs but they don't appear to be legitimate.  Can you direct me in the right path?
Retired Community Manager

To everyone participating in this discussion. You may be interested to know that we currently are hosting an AARP expert on this very topic. This month, ask AARP Expert Susan Weinstock about finding flexible work options that work for you. Please pop over to our Theme Month Discussion and join AARP subject matter expert Susan Weinstock. Thank you!

0 Kudos
Gold Conversationalist

Petsitting is great!  

0 Kudos

I don't know how this works but I also am looking for a job at home or out in a office somewhere
0 Kudos
Contributor

I aqm also looking for a job that I can do from home to help supplement my income.  I work now for a CPA and am not comfortable with the company anymore.  Please help me with finding a job from home.

Carol Perruchon

Please help so tired of the young people treating elderly wrong
0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I agreed with you.  As I stated before, I was a paid caregiver for my husband until he passed in Sept. I was on a leave of absence from my employer until I could get myself back together (which I still haven't done) and I got this weird message from them telling me that they couldn't find anyone for me to care for that wasn't my age so I wouldn't be a good match right now.  I just don't understand that since just because I am 64 doesn't mean I am not able to take care of someone my own age that has an illness or handicap that reguires them to have care.  Just doesn't make any sense to me.  I know there is a law against age discrimination but they never told me I was to old so I am confused.  Anyway I still am looking for a job and this point would take anything.

Periodic Contributor

I just lost my husband and I was his caregiver for 10 years.  Since he passed I have lost my income and am in need of somthing to do to keep myself occupied as well as make some money to help me survive .  I am in dire need of income so I can make his final arrangements final.  We had no life insurance and I have no family so I am on my own.  If anyone has any suggestion please let me know please.  God Bless

0 Kudos

I am aarp members is their a job

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

If anyone has an idea please let me know and I will do the same. Good Luck All !

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

does anyone know of any 'work from home sites' that are real ? Need to work asap. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Ok, this is a scam right?  I have dealt with this before.  How much are you charging, and 

what do I get for my money if anything??

Lynne Real

0 Kudos
Contributor

My name is Ellen and I got a job through Rat Race Rebelliion and the job ended up working at Comcast.  The company who had Comcast is now out of business but Rat Race has other jobs.  I am going to look again.  Also, never, never pay for a job.  I had several jobs at home and I had one job that did surveys for what the person thought about certain people running for office and I got paid and never had any problems getting scammed.  The jobs I got that I just mentioned was around 5 to 10 years ago and the hacking people have gotten smarter and most of these people were from India and that region.  Good luck.

0 Kudos
Contributor

Just wanting to work from home. Would you please give me the link if I am not too late for this info. Thanks

0 Kudos

I am definitely interested. Please provide your link. Thank you!
0 Kudos
Contributor

Online job without having to pay so to get started as i deaf
Ronda Stockton
0 Kudos
Contributor

Are there still positions available? Please let me know.

0 Kudos

If it's not to late I woo uld like information on this
Thank you
0 Kudos

Its not a job or anything but I just participated in a research study to earn a little extra money.  All I had to do was complete an online form about my spouse and I got paid $20 for completing the form.  It was a study for a behavioral assessment and took about 30 minutes or so.  The posting says that you can complete a form about any one that you see on a daily basis ages 50 - 90.  It was pretty easy to fill out, I will probably have my spouse fill out a form on me too for another $20. If anyone else is interested you can use this link http://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/1918197/V3-Rater-Interest-Survey to fill out your contact information and if selected the researchers will email you the information to complete the study. 

Regular Contributor

Be careful about any surveys.  You really can't know who is on the other end and why they want information.  It could be an identity theft information-gathering scheme.  I don't even answer polls or other telephone surveys because I can't verify that someone is as claimed.

0 Kudos

Link didnt work

0 Kudos
Contributor

I also could not find the link. I, like most other retirees would like to have a part time job working from home. I would appreciate any and all info you could provide.

Thank you
0 Kudos
Contributor

Is it possible to still receive information from you on this?
0 Kudos
Contributor

I woulf like some information please
0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Hi,

I just started as an Affiliate with a Trading company!

I get paid for promoting their products and webinars, if you are interested I can give you my link to start off because they want you to register and attend their webinar and then you can come in as their affiliate. You do not have to make any purchases at all, just register and attend the webinar and sign up.  Please reply if you are interested.  

Contributor

Are jobs with this company still available?  I can no longer drive and need to earn money from home.

0 Kudos

I'm interested in this, please provide details
0 Kudos
Contributor

Would like to get some info on this.

Thank you

0 Kudos
Gold Conversationalist

I wouldn't sign up with a company that requires a fee of any kind.....
Contributor

I don't trust sites that ask for money, the way they make their money is by getting the applicants money
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP