Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Contributor

Need a Job

I am almost 60 years old and getting divorce.  I am in need of a job.  Have almost 70 applications out there and have not heard from any.  Looking for a receptionist job or a front office job.  At this point I will almost take anything.  Have even applied at Wal Mart, Sams, Kohls, Target and so many more.  Any suggestions..thnaks

Regular Contributor

If you a strong typist try rev.com for online transcription work. I make about $800 a month sometimes better. It can be a slow start but if you are good after 4-5 months you'll do well. I've looked at other transcription companies and think this is the best

Anonymous
Not applicable

1 comment  (12/24/22) Hi @rdklkk , how does this work with taxes? Thanks, Nicole

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

You get paid via PayPal every Monday. Never have had a problem getting paid. You are required to pay your own taxes. I send mine in quarterly to local, state, and federal.  So far, PayPal does not provide any tax documents, but you can print out a year-end statement of funds received. 

Bronze Conversationalist

I'm retired, not  liking it. Could use more $$$ & feeling useful & active.  I'm healthy, like to be busy. I'd stock shelves a few days a week somewhere ! Husband says no one wants to hire 'old people'.

I've been wondering about doing online surveys for a few bucks. Could get free samples too !

Anybody else do these surveys & what was it worth it ?

Sandee2
Regular Contributor

I do surveys with prolific.co. Make up $50 a month.  Only company I've found worth working with.

@grandmaloyd So sorry to hear about your divorce. You must be quite stressed out. What general area are you located? That will help with job location. It sounds like you are giving it your all. Sometimes that is what it takes... Good luck to you...

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP