Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Contributor

Looking for suggestions

For possible work at home, part-time jobs for a retired, 64 yr old, hearing impaired male who spent 40 years working in IT and application development/support.  Any suggestions will be welcomed

Tom

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Hi, I have been in Recruitment for 25 years and am done with Corporate life. I now work solo out of my home and love that I can work my own hours in my jammies. 

IT is always a huge and desirable skill to have although I have found many online 'temp' agencies list jobs that they do not directly help with.

With your hearing impairment, I suggest you seek opportunities in database research and development - Data-Diving and Data cleanup is a huge and emerging occupation that every company regardless of industry requires. After the year 2000 glitch, these jobs were transferred overseas to India and Philippines where labor was cheap, but with industry coming back to the USA, America is hiring!  Try Robert Half-its a good company I worked for when I first started out-they also hire temps and you can apply online as well as visit local offices in your area.  

0 Kudos
Contributor

Tom,

You may want to try FlexJobs, which is a site dedicated to providing remote work. FlexJobs is a legitimate site with NO SCAMS. The jobs are all researched and you can trust the site to provide you with viable opportunities. There is a cost, however, for the membership, but I think it is well worth the money.

Check it out.

Good luck. 

Brenda

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Bubble Shooter and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP