Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: Job hunt challenges/how to downsize resume/job?

Message 11 of 15

Why there is no actual advice about the valid postings that I have read from AARP staff? People 50 and older are facing severe discrimination in the US needless to say to oversea as well. How does AARP protect us and help us to join back the job market and getting paid a fair salary not take or leave it salary? Please respond.

Max

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 15

Good luck my friends

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 15

I'm in the early childhood realm has been for 30 years the last past 20 years I've been with Head Start I taught preschool body wouldn't let me continue to do that so I got into family development social work. I subject you try early childhood they need people all over the world.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 15

I'm having the same problem.  Been out of work for over three months since being laid off after a bank buy out.  Nothing pans out.  Spoke with a woman at unemployment office who agreed age discrimination is real but no way to prove it.  

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views
Replies

Job hunt challenges/how to downsize resume/job?

Message 15 of 15

56 yrs old. Been out of work for a year now. Several hundred applications sent as well as other out reaches. Resume is getting traction but have interviewed with close to 40 companies. 30 have had multiples interviews and finalist at several. The jobs are slightly below levels where I had been and even adjusting sal requirements doesnt seem to get it aacross the line. Seems after a face to face or video interview things change. I have never had this type challenge before - even after downsizings. Any thoughts or suggestions on the interview/interactions? I've gotten feedback and convos wiht hring managers post rejection but it's the always just short, would have hired both... willing and looking to relocate and have stated that dont need relo help.

Now looking to just get any job (not in my field - fairly specialized) and to generate some amount of income/healthcare. How do I amend my resume to make it employer friendly and not have an employers concerned I am just bridging or am way over-qualified? 

Kudos
Views
Replies