Eye scans and gene editing are among the new frontiers in Alzheimer’s research! Learn more in AARP’s report on medical breakthroughs.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Are you looking for a part-time job?

Message 41 of 164
If you are Black it is difficult to figure out what the discrimination is. I personally feel racial discrimination remains the biggest issue, but if you are over 55+ age is definitely a major component.
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 42 of 164
I wish we could do something about the veiled age discrimination in job hunting. I have been unemployed since 2011 and finally gave up looking. Tons of successful phone interviews and in person ( at least they pretended) never to hear from them again. I have a masters degree, credits towards a doctoral degree and years experience in health research! THE GOVERNMENT IS ONE OF the BIGGEST AGE DISCRIMINATORS! Now I am learning kilnforming and hope to be able to sell someday. In the meantime I struggle on my SS income. BTW I am now 68 yrs old and a renter. And learning to make peace with where I am😉
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 43 of 164

If anyone knows of any companies friendly to hiring seniors in this area (D.C/Baltimore/No. VA) please contact me via private message. Thanks!

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 44 of 164
I am also looking for a job preferably full time in the D.C./Northern Virginia/Suburban and Baltimore MD areas.
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 45 of 164
I am a retiree and living in Santa Monica. I was "layed off" in 2010 at the age of 63 and have been doing temporary and part time work ever since. In the past few months I've been fed up with the general work environment out there, we won't even talk about age discrimination. What is it that you do? I'd be interested in talking to you.
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Learn to be an Executive or Team Coach-as a part time job

Message 46 of 164

Hello,

I can strongly suggest if you are looking to contribute and would like to work part-time, learn to be a executive business coach.  I say learn because I know from experince you can not just jump right in, there are skills you need to learn and you can not do it online either. Coaching is a great experience and if you live in the Boston area , I would suggest the 2 Day Certifciaiton by the Academy of Executive Coaching.  The program is great, it will put you in contact with others.  The next class is being held May 12,13 check out the website under www.aoecboston.com.

Coaching is a great partime job, but learn the skills first!  Team coaching is also great but a little more complicated. 

prague
Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 47 of 164
Picked up more hrs at work. Thinking of doing something happy and fun. Like Part city, American girl outlet store, Starbucks! I've got 5-7 more yrs B4 retirement. Can't wait. There's so much to do! My grand-dtr wants to volunteer with me at the Red Cross. It will be interesting😄
IGGY
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 48 of 164

I am presently working for a company & my job is a government vista program one.  They are wanting me to find other jobs so reason I'm replying to you.  This job pays me $7.25 per hr & I do like it.  I see no reason why I should leave this job.  Maybe someone at AARP can replay to me & give me some advice.

Thank You

Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 49 of 164
How can I become a blogger? I do have experience, but don't know where to start.
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: HIRED! : Are you looking for a part-time job?

Message 50 of 164

@SIMPLEGAL wrote:

Schools need seniors....After 4-1/2 years of searching I got a part time job at a local elementary school supervising kids during lunch and recess...it's given me a purpose and the kids are always entertaining! 

NEW YEARS.gif

That's great!!  Hope you are enjoying it.

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Roundtable Discussion:
Ask questions and get advice from fellow entrepreneurs