Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Contributor

Anyone know a good career coach?

I have worked in the aerospace industry for 30 years, and am burned out.  I have 10-15 years left before retirement and want to better maximize my contributions to society and do something that is more deeply fulfilling.  Does anyone have a suggestion of a career coach that could help me figure out specific, concrete options?  Thanks.

0 Kudos

Gray Hair Management is dedicated to providing career guidance for seniors. Check them out at: http://www.grayhairmanagement.com/

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I would love to find a (reasonably priced) coach who works with seniors. I've been in the tech industry for years and am tired of it. I'd love to segue into something more meaningful, but I have no idea how to do that.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

I would first go online and spend some time looking at the Occupational Outlook Handbook published by the BLS. This is also available at many libraries in the reference section. Gives you thousands of jobs, what they entail, education needed, salary ranges, etc.

This would at least give you an large picture of jobs that exist, and, it may give you some 'hmmmm' moments.  Of course, what is available in your area is something you would have to research. I would look for a career coach after you've spent some time looking for yourself.

I've had three careers and gone through this. Personally, healthcare was the most 'rewarding' field as far as doing something useful for people. But, did not pay well (I was at low level --- minimal training). I would be thinking about your willingness/ability to go to school and train for something too before going to a coach.   

"...Why is everyone a victim? Take personal responsibility for your life..."
0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Block Champ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP