Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Social Butterfly

Anyone Have Successful "Side Hustle?"

I'm slowing looming knit caps that I might put on my local Next Door site to sell.

Have you had a small side hustle, that ended up paying some good dividends?

Conversationalist

Side hustle for me, for years, was eBay.

I keep wanting to get back into it, but every time I start to, I get overwhelmed and annoyed by all the rules and regulations and updates to the eBay "user agreement" and all that. It went from a fun little hobby that paid for a weekend away once or twice a year to a lot of headaches.

Yet I'm currently writing up auction descriptions to get back into it, so I it looks like I'll return to eBay after all.

Next Door is a smart alternative. And I think, dealing locally, you get online buyers on better behavior!

Social Butterfly

@AvocadoDog With your wonderful humor, you can make even an auction description entertaining.

Conversationalist

Ha!  Thank you very much!   

My problem is the descriptions tend to get a bit verbose at times.

...Not only that, but they get a little wordy, as well.  😃

Social Butterfly

@AvocadoDog  So you're saying, when  you compose, you might indispose those that read your prose. I suppose.

Conversationalist

Ha!  Excellent!

0 Kudos
Contributor

No.

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

@TheresamHassell Welcome to the on-line community.  Glad you have joined us.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

I occasionally participate in focus groups, either in person or on zoom, that are paid. There are several companies that do these and their clients can be anything from drug companies to food manufacturers.

Conversationalist

I used to do the occasional focus group. I did one for Dannon Water before they launched that. I thought it was a silly idea. Dannon's known for yogurt, not water — so it was thumbs down from me! Evidently they ignored my input because Dannon Water was soon in stores...and I guess it did well enough to exist for at least a decade. I don't think it's around anymore, though. Vindication!

Social Butterfly

@AvocadoDog  You're funny as usual!

Kudos
Views
Social Butterfly

@nctarheel That sounds like an interesting thing to participate in.  Going to check that out.  Thanks for info @nctarheel .

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP