Hundreds of Member Benefits. One Convenient Place to Explore Them. Check it Out!

Treasured Social Butterfly

Re: "Consumer" Cellular

Message 11 of 13

Consumer Reports rated their customer service very highly. Apparently this is all very subjective.

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Report Inappropriate Content
Info Seeker

Re: "Consumer" Cellular

Message 12 of 13
My cell phone has been down three times in three months. Its down right now all day
Info Seeker

"Consumer" Cellular

Message 13 of 13
It sure looks like the AARP doesn't check out how good the companies behind its many "special offers" are.  I just got their mailing about this cell company I never heard of, and found this much negative info in about a minute:
http://reviews.cnet.com/cell-phones/consumer-cellular/4505-6454_7-33911707.html
-
Users' opinions are highly polarized, but the very negative ones (rating of 1 or 2) are about equal to those giving it a 4 or 5.  Not exaclty what you want to hear about a cell company.  So how much did they bribe the AARP to get 'em to front this offer? 
-
Personally, I've had no trouble in 1 1/2 years with the $30/mo prepaid Straight Talk service, using Verizon's network and one of the few recommended as a good cheap buy by Consumer Reports. 
-
Doug Finley

Announcements
Prepare to Care: A Resource Guide for Families download this free guide developed by AARP to help make caregiving more manageable. It includes information on how to have vital conversations with older family members, organize important documents, assess your loved one's needs and locate important resources.