Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Periodic Contributor

Tinder Credit Card Fraud

I found some fraudulent charges from Tinder, some sort of dating service, on my wife's credit card on our joint account. Neither of us have used Tinder or have an account. It is possible, of course, that someone else has hacked the account.

I have notified Tinder, the credit company (USAA, disputed charges, cancelled card and will get a new one), the FTC, and the local police. Limited feedback so far.

I wonder if anybody else has seen this or has any suggestions.

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

@WilliamM339603 

Such fraudulent charges are endemic in the world now. I have had some over the past 30 years. I think you've done everything you need to do or can do for now.

You might want to consider checking your credit report files at three major agencies... by law you are entitled to a free copy of each once per year (https://www.annualcreditreport.com/index.action). You could also freeze your credit files to prevent someone from attempting to open a new credit card in your name. But neither of these tools will prevent an occasional fraudulent charge to an existing credit card.

Yes, Tinder is a dating app. I am trying to think of something funny to say about this. Such as you can remind your wife about this charge at opportune times. But it is probably best for both of us, you and I, to take the high road and not make any jokes about this.

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Block Champ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP