Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Telikin WOW computer advertised in your magazines

Contributor

Telikin WOW computer advertised in your magazines

I read in your monthly magazines regarding this Telikin Computer made specially for seniors and easy to use even if had no tech experience.  I called and he gentlemen told me it was better than any computer on the market that would cost you over $2,000.  He painted a picture of how easy it was to use and you had all the help you needed so you were able to do everything on this computer.  I bought this computer which coat me over $1000+ in Nov. 2021.  What happened when the computer got her I had to leave for Iowa to my daughter's and I did not get to set up this computer until May 2022.  This computer is the worse thing I have ever gotten.  There is no easy way of using it unless you are an expert tech.  To this date I have not been able to use the video chat because the salesman forgot to tell me the people have to have the Telikin Web site and it does not work on phones, people have to have a computer in order for this to work.  Mostly none of the people I know have computers, they have phones.  Please advice how I can complain at length to you because my $400 computer is way much better than this and they will keep scamming people thru your magazine ads. That is the reason I bought it because it was advertised in your magazines. I have contacted them twice by mail and like 4 times by phone.  They tell me how to do things but when I go to do it it does not work.  I can not copy and paste, I can not do international characters, it takes way too long to come on, it does not come with a spam folder, it only takes HP printers and it keeps going offline for some reason. An over $1000+ computer and the speakers are no good, they crackle and have static all the time, you have to buy speakers and then they dont work very well either.  My $400 computer has better sound.    My daughter and grandsons that work on computers all the time have tried and they can not make any sense of this computer.    I guess i learned my lesson and will not purchase anything listed in your magazines.  This is not a senior friendly computer, I guess I would have to go get classes to use it.   Now I m even getting pop ups of if I want the voice service I have to pay for a VIP membership.  I was not told that before I bought it.  I can not even read the news in peace as I get pop ups all the time which I guess its another charge to get rid of them.                                                                                                                                                   

Contributor

I am surprised to hear this. We have helped over 150,000 seniors with this computer and some have never used a computer before.  We staff our support so customers can get to a real human within 2 minutes.  We try to keep the user interface very stable so customers are now confused with software updates.  It is different than a Windows computer.  Some customers do prefer to use the Windows user interface if that is what they were used to. We really put best efforts into helping seniors.

Fred Allegrezza, CEO 

0 Kudos

100% scam, there is no way possible you don't know this, everyone else  does especially the ones of us that are the computer/software and repair business

Contributor

We are a real company. You can come by and visit us at our office and warehouse at 2805 Sterling Dr Hatfield PA.  I have been in  Computers, Software Development for 40 years with 4 prior successful companies.  We developed the OS from a version of Linus, the applications are written Java. This company requires a lot of support for seniors. We have all US based support staffed to a level that our customers can get to a real human in 2  minutes on average.  We feel this is the level of support some (not all) seniors need. That is our customer base.  If family members can support their parents and grand parents, that is great.  There are many that don't have that support.  I hope this helps.  Fred Allegrezza CEO.

0 Kudos
Regular Social Butterfly

I was so sad and astonished to read this; I'd not learned of this scam before.

I'm so sorry for your negative experience; here's what's been posted on Better Business Bureau: Telikin (opens in new page/tab/window) going back to early 2020.

I was tech support for 30+ years; I set Mom up with 5 year old Toshiba (not touchscreen) and she learned mouse and no special training or equipment was required.

AARP should focus on perhaps lawsuit to recover some seniors moneys?

#VegasStrong
Phil Harris, actor and showman, to John Fogerty of CCR: “If I’d known I’d live this long, I’d have taken better care of myself.”
Contributor

On this page you can see we have an A+ Rating on BBB and we have 630 customer reviews with a 4.9 out of 5.  https://www.bbb.org/us/pa/hatfield/profile/computer-dealers/telikin-0241-235991032  We do have 35 complaints over 15 yrs and 150,000 customers . We are not perfect but we do make every effort to resolve all issues.  Thank you. Fred Allegrezza, CEO.

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Block Champ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP