Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

What is your favorite Christmas song?

Retired Community Manager

What is your favorite Christmas song?

It's that time of year--the decorations come out, shoppers increase, and you hear Christmas music everywhere.

So...what's your favorite Christmas song?

Periodic Contributor

Little Drummer Boy by Bing Crosby and David Bowie

Kudos
Views
Regular Contributor

Absolutely.  I forgot to add that to my list.

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

I have some favorites- Drummer Boy- makes me cry everytime I hear it. Jose Feliciano- Felix Navidad- makes you sing the song out loud everytime with everybody! Another one- Grandma, got run over by a reindeer- now that I'm a Grandma it's halarious! Makes you smile and laugh.

Another one from Hawaii- Mele Kaliimaka is the thing to say on a Hawaiian Christmas Day-makes your Heart fill with so much Love and Compassion.

Honored Social Butterfly

Last Christmas by George Michael

Social Butterfly

The Spirit of Christmas by the genius of Ray Charles!

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I've recently been exposed to a Christmas song that's fairly new: Hope For Everyone. It's sung by Matt Maher of Casting Crowns. It has inspiring lyrics starting gently then coming to a climax powerfully! Very heart moving and contemporary Christmas song. It's definitely worth listening to on YouTube if you haven't ever heard it. This is my favorite contemporary Christian Christmas song.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

My absolute favorite classic Christmas song is "O Holy Night". It was my mom's favorite too. It's powerful and the lyrics tell of the story of hope, of salvation and of the power & glory of God. I'm listening to it now on YouTube. 

Contributor

O Holy Night

Periodic Contributor

Excellent! I'm right there with you!

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

My very favorite is All I Want for Christmas is You by Mariah Carey, especially when she sang it with Jimmy Fallon and The Roots with toy instruments. Check it out on YouTube. I also love Santa Baby by Eartha Kitt; A Holly Jolly Christmas by Burl Ives; Sleigh Ride by The Ronettes; Feliz Navidad by Jose Feliciano; and, of course, a classic:  Jingle Bell Rock by Bobby Helms.

Happy Holidays to all.

Regular Contributor

I truly enjoy all the Christmas music.  White Christmas is a real favorite.  But I first heard Judy Garland sing "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas" more than 50 years ago and it has always been my most favorite song of all.

Contributor

Amy Grant's "Grownup Christmas List" is beautiful, and very inspirational. I know it will take it's rightful place someday with the classics.

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

Winter Wonderland by:Dean Martin and also sung by Bing Crosby

Contributor

My long time favorite is Pretty Paper, written by Willie Nelson and best sung by Roy Orbison.

Contributor

White Christmas

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

My favorite Christmas song is Little Drummer Boy sung by the late Johnny Cash.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

For an updated and powerful version of The Little Drummer Boy find King and Country on YouTube. Their arrangement is amazing! Lots of energy in this song as they do it.

Honored Social Butterfly

@FrugalDiva3 wrote:

For an updated and powerful version of The Little Drummer Boy find King and Country on YouTube. Their arrangement is amazing! Lots of energy in this song as they do it.

I saw them on one of the tv Christmas specials, and it was an awesome performance. Lots of drums going on! 

“When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.” - Jimi Hendrix
Regular Contributor

Mary, Did You Know?

Breath of Heaven about Mary...

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Mary Did You Know is a powerful song! It's a favorite of mine too.

0 Kudos

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that song. Makes me cry thinking of Mary’s perspective. I sang that to my grandchildren to put them to sleep.
Trusted Contributor

My favorite Christmas song can be found on Barbra Streisand's 2001 "Christmas Memories" CD. The song is "One God." Every time I hear it, the experience brings tears to my eyes because the lyrics are so simple yet profound. In this world of ours, imagine living in unconditional harmony, respecting the differences and actually practicing faith, hope and charity. To hear this classic, go to YouTube.com and type in "One God" by Streisand. It begins like this:

Millions of stars placed in the sky's
By One God
Millions of us lift up our eyes
To One God

So many children calling to Him
By many a different name
One Father
Loving each the same

Many the ways all of us pray
To One God
Many the path
Winding their way
To One God

Brothers and sisters there are no strangers
After His work is done
For your God and my God
Are one ..............
Kudos
Views
Regular Contributor

My No. 1 favorite is O Holy Night by Seline Dion.

Also, Silent Night then Mary, Did You Know by Mark Lowry and One God by Trisha Yearwood.  I watched the CMA Country Christmas this past week and enjoyed Trisha's performance of it.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Smiley Happy  I love them all - all favorites Heart 

Josh Groban - O Holy Night [with lyrics]

https://youtu.be/17kiIIxSdC0

Clairev
Honored Social Butterfly

I believe in Father Christmas by Greg Lake, another one lost RIP🙏

O Holy Night

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

Christmas: Baby Please Come Home - Darlene Love version

Little Drummer Boy

Silent Night

Merry Christmas Darling

Any of the Christmas songs by the Ronnettes

And, of course, All I Want For Christmas Is You - Mariah Carey version

Honored Social Butterfly

O Holy Night: Luciano Pavarotti

Honored Social Butterfly

Father Christmas by the Kinks. Ray Davies is a musical genius

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP