There's always more to discover with an AARP membership! Check out your member benefits.

Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: What is the best Beatles Song ever?

Message 1 of 12
I agree and an absolutely great song, and maybe the best cover of a Beatles song ever. But then again, look at the personnel in that band. Jeff Lynn, and Tom Petty on vocals, Dhani on acoustic , Steve Winwood, Ferrone on drums, and of course Prince on guitar. Great solo on that Tele he plays all his serious solos on.
The night I saw that show when he came with that particular Tele on, I knew he meant business. Love that rendition. In my heart, I I knew George was up there jammin' too.
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 12

@BeatleloverKT wrote:

Love those guys together. Such a great cover of a great song. Especially love that Dhani is playing on it. His Dad would be proud.

Today I’m loving Two of Us. Reminds me of my husband- May he rest in peace 💦

Awwwww. That’s nice 🙂

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Kudos
Views
Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 12

Love those guys together. Such a great cover of a great song. Especially love that Dhani is playing on it. His Dad would be proud.

Today I’m loving Two of Us. Reminds me of my husband- May he rest in peace 💦

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 12

While My Guitar Gently Weeps    Love it  and love this cover Heart

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 12
Simply put, ditto. They're all great. No comparison needed. If you need to hear how good they were as a band listen to Beatles, Naked. Great raw album.
Kudos
Views
Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 12

My personal favorite Beatles song is Yesterday.

"Yesterday all my troubles seemed so far away.  Now it looks as though they're here to stay.  Oh, I believe in yesterday."

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 12
There are way too many favorites, so I can't pick just one. I go from Baby's in Black to If I fell to Helter Skelter. I love them all.
Kudos
Views
Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 12

Omg a true Beatles lover! Agreed that it’s hard to pick one song! I love your two choices- In my life is my brothers favorite- another Beatle lover. My list of favs would run forever but my honorable mentions are: Revolution, She Loves You, Get Back, Eight Days a Week, Two of Us, Nowhere Man, Thank you Girl, It won’t be long. I could go on forever! Thanks so much for your post!!

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 12

Oh my! That's a tough one. There are two that especially stand out to me. 

Let It Be - (1970 album, Let It Be) This was their last single from their last album to be released. McCartney said it was inspired by a dream about his late mother, whose name was Mary. To many fans, it became something of a Beatles farewell anthem. I was in a high school folk / pop group and we sang this a lot because it had great harmonies.

In My Life - (1965 album, Rubber Soul)  IMO, this is one of the most beautiful songs ever written. The lyrics are especially amazing since it seems to be reflections of a much older person, yet John Lennon was only 25 when he wrote it.  Rubber Soul is still my favorite Beatles album. 

Honorable mentions to -

Yesterday (1965, Help) Possibly the most covered Beatles song ever

Here Comes the Sun (1969, Abbey Road) 

While My Guitar Gently Weeps (1968, The Beatles, White Album)

Come Together (1969, Abbey Road) IMO, one of their best "fun" songs 

My favorite cover of a Beatles song -

Help - covered by Deep Purple (1968, Shades of Deep Purple) Deep Purple singer, Rod Evans, came up with the idea of singing Help as a ballad. It was reported that John Lennon heard it, and remarked that this was how he envisioned it being sung in the first place but management wanted it sung up-tempo for the movie. Lennon said it was meant to be a ballad.

Always fun to chat about The Beatles!

Kudos
Views
Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 12

Come on you must have one song that makes your heart sing every time you hear it! 

Kudos
Views