Get the vision care news and information you need in the AARP Eye Center.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: What is the best Beatles Song ever?

Message 1 of 21

I love all the Beatles songs but the first one of I think of is the song my husband and I called "Our" song when we first began going steady 48 years ago. The song was With a Little Help From My Friends. Still love it! Tres

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 21

We can all agree picking one song is impossible. But if you twist my arm I'll go with side 2 of Abbey Road beginning with Mean Mr Mustard and ending with

Her Majesty.

Need to shine these up a bit.

DBEATLS.jpg

Any Competent Adult 2020
Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 21

I think all Beatles songs are great!!! Two favorites are Hey Jude and Get Back!! 

Kudos
Views
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 21

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/NCtzkaL2t_Y" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Above: "Don't Let Me Down"

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/rAn-AWXtHv0" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Above: "Imagine"

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/BGLGzRXY5Bw" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Above: "Revolution"

silly me....I couldn't pick one! Smiley Tongue

Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 21
As I have said before. Too many great songs to choose from to pick just one. Your three choices are great for sure, but that song catalog is too deep and fabulous to pick just one.
Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 21

When I made this post, I should of really said what’s your favorite Beatles song. I do agree that their body of work is amazing and it’s impossible to say what’s the best song they composed. Your three choices are amazing 👍

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 21

As many before me have expressed...how is it possible to say which Lennon/McCartney composition is the best? Their vast catalog has already, and will continue, to hold up to the test of time...IT'S JUST THAT COMPREHENSIVELY MULTI-GENERATIONAL. Having said that...these are among my very favorite:

While My Guitar Gently Weeps.....a magnificent bluesy lead primarily by Eric Clapton captures me

Here Comes The Sun.....an uplifting effect on me

Revolution.....you say you want one?

Peace and Love

Merely OneTokeOTL
Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 21
I'm just glad there's 2 still here to show us how great a group they actually were.
They really kicked off the entire the British Rock Invasion. Great song writing,
playing, and vocals. Let's not forget the Fifth Beatle: Sir George Martin who's
production and arrangement values made for many memorable recordings.
I know those not physically present, are jammin' in heaven.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 21

Just saw this on YT:

Can't believe Sir Ringo just turned 79 and Sir Paul 77! 

Peace and Love!

Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 21
I agree and an absolutely great song, and maybe the best cover of a Beatles song ever. But then again, look at the personnel in that band. Jeff Lynn, and Tom Petty on vocals, Dhani on acoustic , Steve Winwood, Ferrone on drums, and of course Prince on guitar. Great solo on that Tele he plays all his serious solos on.
The night I saw that show when he came with that particular Tele on, I knew he meant business. Love that rendition. In my heart, I I knew George was up there jammin' too.
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season