Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Social Butterfly

What Song Do You Sing...?

What do you sing in the shower? What do you sing in your car when it plays on the radio? What do you sing with your friends when you get tipsy? What song did you sing today?

Do you have a shower speaker synched to iTunes? 

Honored Social Butterfly

Trusted Social Butterfly

Cleaning Windows - Van Morrison

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

The song I really like to sing is Get Out of Denver by Bob Seger. I've been trying to sing it all the way through for years but it's too fast for me. I always have to stop and take a breath somewhere while Seger's still singing. That song takes some serious breath control.

The only place I've found the song is on his Live Bullet album. If you're a Bob Seger fan and you haven't heard it, you can listen to some of it free on iTunes.

Rip This Joint, by the Rolling Stones is fun to sing.

I'll sing anything by The Beatles. Or at least I'll sing the parts of songs with notes I can hit,

Some Beach Boys songs, Little Deuce Coupe, Fun, Fun, Fun, Wouldn't It Be Nice, Good Vibrations, A whole bunch of others.

I like to sing girl group songs from Ronnie and the Ronettes, The Shirelles, Diana Ross and the Supremes, Gladys Knight and the Pips...

AC/DC songs, Eagles songs, Bruce, Zeppelin, Aerosmith, The Who songs...

I keep a tambourine in the car and I ride down the Garden State Parkway singing at the top of my lungs and keeping time with the tambourine banging against the steering wheel. I get strange looks from people...

Every Thanksgiving I sing Alice's Restaurant with Arlo Guthrie.

And always Chuck Berry, Buddy Holly and Little Richard songs.

Honored Social Butterfly

@LouLit01  That's a great song, don't know how you can sing to it, you must have great breath control lol. And fyi, the song is on YouTube  😎

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

In-Town driving singing - most  often anything by CCR.  Loud.  

0 Kudos
Regular Social Butterfly

"Free Falling" Master Artist Tom Petty 

Loved them (The Heartbreakers) so much; first concert the daughters went to with us; when Tom left us, one wrote memorial about that concert...

#StaySafe

#StayHome

#VegasStrong
Phil Harris, actor and showman, to John Fogerty of CCR: “If I’d known I’d live this long, I’d have taken better care of myself.”
0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

Took my son out for his b'day and he forced (?) me to do karaoke, "Dream On" by Aeorsmith,  Then we got up and did "Jumping Jack Flash." It was fun, but a star was not born.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

I listen to my classic rock radio station or YouTube in the shower. In the car I listen to Sirius radio (usually the Beatles) or a custom made rock playlist my brother made and put on a flashdrive for me. That being said, I will sing to any Beatles or Fleetwood Mac song that comes on. These are my favs to sing to, in no particular order:

Beatles

All you need is love

She loves you 

Thank you girl 

It won't be long

Birthday

Revolution

Eight days a week

Get back

Fleetwood Mac

Gypsy

Go your own way

Silver Springs

Don't stop

Dreams

The Chain

Gold dust woman

Little lies

Honored Social Butterfly

If no one is around, I'll sing along with most anything I'm playing.

S&G

The Beatles

The Byrds

Moody Blues

Eagles

Emmylou Harris

Linda Ronstadt

mostly folk rock, prog rock, folk country

But if it rocks, I'll dance, too! 

Deep Purple

Rainbow

U2

Metallica

Etc Cat LOL

“When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.” - Jimi Hendrix
Honored Social Butterfly

We Didn't Start The Fire

Honored Social Butterfly

Anything Bruce

Honored Social Butterfly

Sirius - I switch between E Street Radio and Fifties on 5 ( Love the Doo Wop)

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

I'm with @MaVolta  If I'm alone, I'll sing to just about any song I love. Another fav

group I like to sing to is the Moody Blues.

I'm just a singer (In a rock and roll band)

is my fav to sing

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP