From festivals to better food, amusement parks are adding features for older adults. Take a look at what's new!

Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO?

Message 301 of 3,156

Classic jazz from the 50's and 60's.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

WHAT ARE I'M LISTENING TO?

Message 302 of 3,156

I listen to the sounds heard on WPDF. I also enjoy the Olif Spear Show. He talks about the issues I care about!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 303 of 3,156

For Christmas, my daughter and I got copies of both the CHASING TRANE CD & DVD which you may also enjoy.

We're now reading MESSAGE TO OUR FOLKS and listening to CDs, like Roscoe Mitchell's SOUND,

as we go through the book.  

Just read that Mitchell once played with John Coltrane and that The Art Ensemble of Chicago

was highly praised by Muddy Waters at The Ann Arbor Blues and Jazz Festival!

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 304 of 3,156

Admittedly, this is a bit of self-promotion but by searching YouTube for “Julius Graham Lute Records”, you’ll find humorous songs by a “boomer” written with “boomers” in mind. Titles such as, “She’s Young Enough To Be My Daughter But She’s Not” and “Testosterone” should bring a chuckle or two. Hope you enjoy!

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 305 of 3,156

" Don’t Give Up On Love”  with Hayley Sanderson.  I heard the song on a jewelry commercial and went to YouTube to hear the whole song.  Now I listen to it often. She has a beautiful voice and the song is perfect for her.  I had never heard of her before the commercial, but I think everyone will know of her soon.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 306 of 3,156

Love classical music.....find it mood relaxing and meditative.....good for the heart and soul.....Happy New Year and Happy Listening.......Joanne C.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 307 of 3,156

For several years I have been listening to an Italian group (3 guys) called Il Volo (The Flight).  They got together when they were 13 and 14 years old.  They are classic opera trained but crossover into more modern music.  They sing in Italian, Spanish, and English.  They have voices you will not believe for their age.  Check them out: ilvolomusic.com

Kudos
Views
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 308 of 3,156

ONE OF MANY JOHN COLTRANE VIDEOS I REGULARLY ENJOY:  THIS ONE IS "INDIA- LIVE AT THE VILLAGE VANGUARD". HE IS  MY FAVORITE SAX PLAYER & THE BEST  CHOICE  FOR STRAIGHT-AHEAD JAZZ !

John Coltrane - India (The Other Village Vanguard Tapes) - YouTube

SUPERGIRL, NO REALLY I MEAN IT! HER REAL NAME & MINE ARE THE SAME( FIRST 2 NAMES ARE)
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 309 of 3,156

U2  The Blackout

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 310 of 3,156

I have not heard of nor thought of this song in years.. it is a beautiful song!

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Kudos
Views