Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Honored Social Butterfly

SONG TITLE WORD ASSOCIATION

Okay

This is meant to be a long running topic .  The rules are simple and there are a zillion songs out there, so lets see what we can do with this.

You start with a song title.  Let's use  Love in an Elevator - Aerosmith

You look at that title, pick out one word from it and find a new song title with that word in it,( example, In & Out of Love - Bon Jovi)  then post the new title as your post.  The next person follows.   See easy

So lets give it a try.    My title is   Love in an Elevator - Aerosmith.

Diane

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith

In Response to Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: : SONG TITLE WORD ASSOCIATION by nyadrn

Red Red Wine by UB40 🙂

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

In Response to Re: Re: Re: Re: : SONG TITLE WORD ASSOCIATION by Amy

Hi Any

Bottle of Wine   The Fireballs

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

In Response to : re: SONG TITLE WORD ASSOCIATION by ernie8778

Hi Ernie

Great idea!   I am going to post a sticky called "Things that we would like changed in our new site".  Then after we are done adding to it.. we can email to AARP as well as post it at the Community site.

Diane

0 Kudos

In Response to Re: Re: Re: : SONG TITLE WORD ASSOCIATION by ron39

Time in a Bottle by (I think) Jim Croce.

0 Kudos

In Response to Re: Re: : SONG TITLE WORD ASSOCIATION by ernie8778

I've Had The Time of My Life.... Bill Medley & Jennifer Warnes

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

In Response to Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: re: SONG TITLE WORD ASSOCIATION by nyadrn

Thanks Diane, it's good to be back. I like the color purple and found that purple dino and liked him.

Maybe it is a good idea to begin a complaint post in all the groups and send them all to AARP and let them know how unhappy we all are.

Ernie
0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

In Response to Re: : SONG TITLE WORD ASSOCIATION by bonjovi

Time - Tesla

Ernie
0 Kudos
Super Contributor

In Response to : SONG TITLE WORD ASSOCIATION by ron39

Time After Time - Cyndi Lauper

A double for moi too!  LOL

0 Kudos

In Response to Re: Re: SONG TITLE WORD ASSOCIATION by Songwritingranny

Hi Pat

ok...thanks for the info.I saw in an earlier post by Diane where you can actually go to the 're's when you are replying to a post and delete them. Maybe they will get all the bugs worked out and then we will have nothing to complain about. 

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

In Response to Re: SONG TITLE WORD ASSOCIATION by ron39

Hi Ron, 

It seems every time someone  replies to the same post it adds a Re each time...Previously the Posts were numbered so you were able to tell which post was being replied to especially if the same member replied more than once....now you have to count the number of Re Re Re's to see exactly where it came from.....I sure hope they correct it.....

Pat  

0 Kudos

In Response to Re: re: SONG TITLE WORD ASSOCIATION by nyadrn

The Night Time is the Right Time....Ray Charles

Another double for moi!!!

t

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

In Response to Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: re: SONG TITLE WORD ASSOCIATION by ron39

High Time   Styx

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

In Response to Re: Re: Re: Re: re: SONG TITLE WORD ASSOCIATION by ernie8778

Hi Ernie

Glad to see you back!!  and I like your profile picture : )

I have not talked to one person who likes the changes.  It is really sad that they spent so much time and effort to improve the site but gave the members things they did not want.  I hate not getting notified of posts and the sort of posts, newest at the end and a lot of other things.  If you have a chance, go to the Community group and post your complaints or email AARP or else I will make a topic for all the things we dont like and send a group message to AARP.

Diane

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

In Response to Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: re: SONG TITLE WORD ASSOCIATION by Songwritingra...

Hi Pat

Glad to see you!!!!   Well for some strange reason that was one of the changes they made.  We no longer get message notification of posts to our topics or replies to our posts or new topics etc.  I think that is my biggest complaint.   I sent it to AARP and also posted at the Community group and so have others.  I hope to hear something back soon.

Diane

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

In Response to Re: SONG TITLE WORD ASSOCIATION by ron39

Hey..  that is something we can actually do something about.  Just go up to the headline and delete the extra ones.  It is kind of crazy eh?

Diane

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

In Response to Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: re: SONG TITLE WORD ASSOCIATION by ron39

Hi Ron

Well I am glad you are here.. it is kind of lonely  LOL 

Meanwhile, I did send a message with comments about all the problems and also posted that to the community board.  So did BonJovi.  I am hoping to hear some response but I will have to keep checking there since we don't get notices of responses any more.

I will keep you advised of what I hear.

Diane

0 Kudos

In Response to Re: Re: Re: Re: re: SONG TITLE WORD ASSOCIATION by ernie8778

Hi Ernie...good to see you back here. I'm not a fan of the 'new & improved' site either.

Funny How Time Slips Away....Willie Nelson

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

In Response to Re: Re: Re: re: SONG TITLE WORD ASSOCIATION by bonjovi

Time - Chambers Brothers

It's good to be back!  I personally don't like the new and "improved" format.  It's confusing and it looks like  some bugs need to be worked out.  I can't delete multipke messages in my inbox. I have to open each message and delete it individually. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

Ernie
0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

In Response to Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: re: SONG TITLE WORD ASSOCIATION by nyadrn

Hi Diane, I think the problem with not responding to topics may be because many members are not receiving notifications that topics have been posted from their Groups to their Inbox Messages.  I don't have any messages coming in from any of the Groups I belong to so I was not aware that any topics had been posted.  I had to go directly to this Group to see if there was any current activity.  Will you send me a reply to see if I even get that?  Thanks.

Pat

0 Kudos

Diane

Also, why so many damn "RE" s before the Song Title Word Association heading?

Looks like that needs a little 'tweaking'. Just my .02 cents worth!!

0 Kudos

In Response to Re: Re: Re: re: SONG TITLE WORD ASSOCIATION by bonjovi

Time is on My Side....The Rolling Stones

0 Kudos

In Response to Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: re: SONG TITLE WORD ASSOCIATION by nyadrn

Diane...the new system seems slower to me....probably because of all the graphics. Also, I don't like the idea of not knowing new posts have been made to my posts or to the topic.And new posts are not where I think they should be???

II'll stay tuned.... at least a while longer. Since you are the owner/moderater/boss of this topic, can you encourageAARP to maybe look into some of the probs people are having?

0 Kudos
Super Contributor

In Response to Re: Re: re: SONG TITLE WORD ASSOCIATION by ron39

If I Could Turn Back Time - Cher

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

In Response to Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: re: SONG TITLE WORD ASSOCIATION by ron39

Hi Ron

Well tons of people are not posting on the new site.. for lots of reasons and I do not know what is going to happen.  Many people are unhappy with the changes.  I cannot really tell you much except that I would have sent out  a mass email to all members except I no longer have that function.  All I can say is stay tuned : ) 

Are you having trouble using the new system?

Diane

0 Kudos

In Response to Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: re: SONG TITLE WORD ASSOCIATION by bonjovi

Diane...where is the rest of our bunch? Looks like it's just you & I & bonjovi replying to this topic????

Have you heard from any of them?

0 Kudos

In Response to Re: re: SONG TITLE WORD ASSOCIATION by nyadrn

Time Won't Let Me....The Outsiders

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

In Response to Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: re: SONG TITLE WORD ASSOCIATION by bonjovi

TIME IS ON MY SIDE   THE ROLLING STONES

0 Kudos
Super Contributor

In Response to Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: re: SONG TITLE WORD ASSOCIATION by nyadrn

Do It To Me One More Time - Captain & Tennille

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

In Response to Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: re: SONG TITLE WORD ASSOCIATION by ron39

Definatley a two for  : )

Love me Do   Beatles

0 Kudos

In Response to Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: re: SONG TITLE WORD ASSOCIATION by nyadrn

I Love How You Love Me....Paris Sisters

Do I get double the points for using Love Twice??? 

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Asteroids® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP