Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Honored Social Butterfly

SONG TITLE WORD ASSOCIATION

Okay

This is meant to be a long running topic .  The rules are simple and there are a zillion songs out there, so lets see what we can do with this.

You start with a song title.  Let's use  Love in an Elevator - Aerosmith

You look at that title, pick out one word from it and find a new song title with that word in it,( example, In & Out of Love - Bon Jovi)  then post the new title as your post.  The next person follows.   See easy

So lets give it a try.    My title is   Love in an Elevator - Aerosmith.

Diane

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Silver Conversationalist

Its all in the game
0 Kudos
Contributor

"Back In The USSR" looks like the last legitimate response, so...

"Back In The U.S.A." - Chuck Berry - 1959
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@a6699f wrote:

Born In The U.S.A.  - Bruce Springsteen

^^^Friendly reminder: Next post should be a song using a word from this song title.^^^

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Contributor

MsStretch: Regarding Page 961 - I got your friendly reminder right here.
If you can tell me how "Back In The USSR" logically leads to "Highway Star Deep Purple", then "Black Is Black", then "Love Is Blue," then "It's all In The Game," then I'll accept your admonishment.
"Back In The U.S.A." follows "Back In The USSR" in accordance with the rules of this so-called game, which is supposed to be fun. I'm following the rules, I get nasty-grams.
Please explain.

Born In The U.S.A. - Bruce Springsteen

^^^Friendly reminder: Next post should be a song using a word from this song title.^^^
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@a6699f wrote:
If you can tell me how "Back In The USSR" logically leads to "Highway Star Deep Purple", then "Black Is Black", then "Love Is Blue," then "It's all In The Game," then I'll accept your admonishment.
"Back In The U.S.A." follows "Back In The USSR" in accordance with the rules of this so-called game, which is supposed to be fun. I'm following the rules, I get nasty-grams.
Please explain.

a6699f

These posts get out of synch for all kinds of reasons..  don't worry about it.  This is just a game and meant to be fun and I am sure Miss Stretch is just trying to get things in order.  

0 Kudos

Beatles

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Maxwell's Silver Hammer:  Beatles

Honored Social Butterfly

@nyadrn wrote:

@a6699f wrote:
Please explain.

a6699f

These posts get out of synch for all kinds of reasons..  don't worry about it.  This is just a game and meant to be fun and I am sure Miss Stretch is just trying to get things in order.  

Sorry a6699f if my reminder was misconstrued. I wasn't 'admonishing' anyone. It was meant as a FRIENDLY  reminder. nyadm is right, I was so confused with the  "Back In The USSR" / "Highway Star Deep Purple" / "Black Is Black" / "Love Is Blue" / "It's all In The Game," , I was just trying to find some order. It basically was just to help anyone new to the game. Color me red for my faux pas. *blushing*

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@MsStretch wrote:

@nyadrn wrote:

@a6699f wrote:
Please explain.

a6699f

Sorry a6699f if my reminder was misconstrued. I wasn't 'admonishing' anyone. It was meant as a FRIENDLY  reminder. nyadm is right, I was so confused with the  "Back In The USSR" / "Highway Star Deep Purple" / "Black Is Black" / "Love Is Blue" / "It's all In The Game," , I was just trying to find some order. It basically was just to help anyone new to the game. Color me red for my faux pas. *blushing*

Dont feel bad  you were trying to keep things in order.. it is hard here because when you are  new the list comes up I think original to oldest sort but new people dont know you can change it and it is hard to find the latest post...  thanks for trying to help

0 Kudos
Super Contributor

I am going to put my 2 cents into this.

Since the folks at AARP changed the site we are replying to someone post.  Maybe if we try the reply at the top of list it will stop the confusions.
Sometime when I am replying I can't tell to which song title was the last post.  Just a suggestion.

Wish AARP had od listen to us when we asked not to change the old site.

The good folks at AARP have more important things to do they refuse to change my join date the true date is 12/09/2009
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@memadeania wrote:

I am going to put my 2 cents into this.

Since the folks at AARP changed the site we are replying to someone post.  Maybe if we try the reply at the top of list it will stop the confusions.
Sometime when I am replying I can't tell to which song title was the last post.  Just a suggestion.

Wish AARP had od listen to us when we asked not to change the old site.

I know it gets confusing   when new posters come into a topic they sometimes come in the the first original post made because they don't know they can switch the order from oldest to newest etc and so they think they are posting to the most recent  but the site should work consistently and then there would not be so much confusion.  Thanks for your 2 cents! and for continuing to post!

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

To make certain I am replying to the last post I have been making certain to compare the number of the message and make certain the numbers agree.  For example, the one to which I am replying is 9636 of 9639 which means it is not the last one.  Sometimes when I click into this group I'm not given the last page which makes it even more confusing.

Honored Social Butterfly

@PattyDiane wrote:

To make certain I am replying to the last post I have been making certain to compare the number of the message and make certain the numbers agree.  For example, the one to which I am replying is 9636 of 9639 which means it is not the last one.  Sometimes when I click into this group I'm not given the last page which makes it even more confusing.

good way to check!   new people always have a hard time trying to find their way around.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

born under a bad sign

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@MsStretch wrote:

Born In The U.S.A.  - Bruce Springsteen

ayi yi yi yi yi   

Born Free   Matt Monroe

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Last Post:  "Born Free"

My Post:  "Born to Be Wild", Steppenwolf

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

Wild Thing - Tone Loc
0 Kudos
Contributor

Wild Horses - Rolling Stones

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

@JPananas wrote:

Wild Horses - Rolling Stones

A Horse With No Name - America

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

"Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses", U2

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

"Wild Is the Wind", Nina Simone

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@PattyDiane wrote:

"Wild Is the Wind", Nina Simone

Walk On The Wild Side - Lou Reed

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Contributor

Ride The Wild Surf Jan & Dean

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

black is black
0 Kudos
Contributor

Black Butterfly - Deneice Williams
0 Kudos
Contributor

Young, Gifted and Black - Nina Simone
0 Kudos
Contributor

Black Magic Woman - Santana

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@hwmnylicks wrote:

Black Magic Woman - Santana

Hi and welcome to the group..  the next time that you stop by just match a song title to the most recent title posted.. hope to see you again.

0 Kudos
Contributor

Black is black Los Bravos 1967
Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@BobF156 wrote:
Black is black Los Bravos 1967

Hi and welcome!  Glad to see your post.

The next time that you stop by to post, just match the last posted song which will be the most current date.

I am going to match your Black is Black  with

Back to Black  Amy Winehouse...

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP