Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Trusted Social Butterfly

Pick Your Cover

I was looking through the Great Covers Of Your Favorite Songs topic and it reminded me of when I used to go to the concerts in the park where the local symphony orchestra played covers of pop music hits. There always seemed to be one I hoped to hear, but they didn't play. Then I started thinking about when I lived across the street from a converted storefront that a local band called Places used as a rehearsal studio. They had an interesting Jazz/Reggea fusion sound that was, no doubt, great for dancing.
It occured to me that they probably would have made a really interesting rendition of Glen Miller's Tuxedo Junction. So this is the topic: What song would you (or have you already thought you would) like to hear covered, in what musical style and/or by which artist? i.e.

Tuxedo Junction (Glen Miller) - Jazz/Reggae Fusion - Places
Tangled Up In Blue (Bob Dylan) - Electronic - Nine Inch Nails
Rockstar (Nickelback) - Bluegrass - Steve-n-Seagulls

To be clear, this is meant to be an ongoing topic.  It could be thought of as a chance to exercise the Memory and the Imagination.  It could even be a song that isn't particularly likeable.  For instance:  That 'Maniac' song from Dirty Dancing.  It has been sampled so many times, and received so much radio air time that it is hard not to recocognize.  I've never seen the movie, and don't particularly care for the song, but an Instrumental, Bluegrass version performed by Steve-n-Seagulls might sound almost as good as Foggy Mountain Breakdown or Fox On The Run.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Let It Be - The Beatles, gospel rock to

Chris Stapleton, blues country

This is my ultimate favorite song. Itโ€™s been covered a lot, and there are some really good ones, notably, Aretha, Joe Cocker, Ray Charles, Gladys Knight & The Pips, to name a few. So if I were to pick someone, Iโ€™d go with this guy. He can cover just about anybody and do it well, from Aretha to Metallica.

โ€œWhen the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.โ€ - Jimi Hendrix
Social Butterfly

I don't usually like someone messing around with my favorite songs as @MaVolta said, or movies for that matter.

However, Hallelujah, has been covered by many artists that do it very well. 

I think I would have liked to have heard:

Chris Cornell (from Soundgarden) do Hallelujah by Leonard Cohen 

Honored Social Butterfly

Someone asked a similar question in another forum, so I had started to think about it. This can be a tough one since itโ€™s hard to imagine someone messing around with your favorite songs, but a lot of times they turn out pretty well. Iโ€™ll start with this one -

Fires At Midnight - Blackmoreโ€™s Night, from folk rock, to Nightwish, folk metal

Itโ€™s already half way there with Ritchieโ€™s Strat solo! ๐Ÿ˜Ž

โ€œWhen the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.โ€ - Jimi Hendrix
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Block Champ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP