Know someone over 50 who is making a difference? Nominate them for the AARP Purpose Prize.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: GREAT COVERS OF YOUR FAVORITE SONGS

Message 161 of 224

Trying again, my Kindle keeps changing Dolly Parton to Patton. Dolly Parton originally wrote "I Will Always Love You." Sorry for the typo.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 162 of 224

Guns & Roses "knocking on hevens door", way better than the original by Dylan, Guns & Roses " Sympathy for the Devil", a step above the Rolling Stones version, Guns & Roses "Live and let die", read once that Paul McCartney did not like the version. 

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 163 of 224

One of my favorites is "I Will Always Love You" originally by Dolly Patton. However, when Whitney Houston remade it in the movie, "The Bodyguard" she sent to the galaxy! Many radio stations continue to play this timeless love song!

Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 164 of 224

I like almost everything Port Chuck has covered better than the originals.

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 165 of 224

Nitty Gritty Dirt Band's version of "House at Pooh Corner" vs. original by Kenny Loggins.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 166 of 224

Johnny Cash’s cover of Trent Reznor’s song “Hurt.” I read that when Reznor heard Cash was going to cover the song, he wasn’t pleased. After he heard Cash’s version, he completely understood why Cash wanted to sing it. Cash brought an emotional level seldom heard in modern music. The aching pain in his voice could bring tears to your eyes. Just stunningly beautiful. 

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 167 of 224

Joe Cocker's version of "With A Little Help From My Friends", which was originally recorded by The Beatles.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 168 of 224

I agree. Everything Elvis did was special and will always be timeless.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 169 of 224

There are many songs by original performers that become icons in and of themselves. One such song would be Billie Jean by Michael Jackson. However, once in a while someone comes along who can take the song to different place, and that is what makes it a great cover. Here is an interesting take on Billie Jean by Aloe Blacc with a string quartet. You may like it or hate it, but that is the way art works, and this man is an artist. 

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 170 of 224

One of my favorites was William Bell 1968 " I Forgot to be Your Lover." In 2002 my grandson was shocked when I told him that Jaheim remade his favorite song " Put That Woman First" from the original popular in my day.

Kudos
Views