course, if they were in a band and also went solo you can still name
them such as Jon Bon Jovi or Richie Sambora both of whom are members
of the group Bon Jovi but have also gone solo.  Here's some of
mine from times past to the present:

Frank Sinatra,
Perry Como, Dean Martin, Brook Benton, Jerry Butler, Conway Twitty,
Johnny Cash, Charley Pride, Johnny Tillotson, Donovan,
Eddie Cochran, Gene McDaniels, Glen Yarborough, Neil Young, Bob
Dylan, John Fogerty, John Mellencamp, Eric Clapton, and so many more.

You may also name
your favorite male singer from a band but not the band itself. 
For instance, we all know that Diane loves the band Aerosmith
but she would say Steven Tyler. 

Regular Contributor

You always ask the hard questions, in that, there are always so many for anyone who is really serious about listening to music and multiple genres. Ok, I'll handle it this way.My favorites in general are Johnny Cash, Willie Nelson, Paul Simon, Paul McCartney, and of course John Lennon. But for the sake of love, love songs, and my first early love, I'd have to give the crown to Neil Diamond. Can't remember what show he was on, but first saw him on tv singing "Brother Loves Traveling Salvation Show", and I was hooked. But he comes to mind because we always remember our first real love, and I played an album of his greatest hits for the girl I first loved and he quickly became OUR favorite. And any time we were together, Neil Diamond was there. In the end, I was left with Neil Diamond, because while I was away in Viet Nam, she found some else before I could get back.Ah well, the music was good then and now.

Trusted Contributor

My favor male singers are Tony Bennett, Johnny Mathis, Brook Benton, Ray Charles, Johnny Hartman, Billy Exstine, Jack Jones, steve Wonder, just to name a few. The male singer I like has soul and meaning to a song: Johnny Cash, Bob Dylan, Perry Como and Frank S.:

Contributor

Phil Collins all the way!

Periodic Contributor

I have 2 favorites of all time - 

Steven Stills 

& 

Cat Stevens

Contributor

Willie Nelson
Contributor

Raul Malo

Periodic Contributor

Leon Russell
Periodic Contributor

Bobby Caldwell's work is exceptional, mostly jazzy, but also including pop and and ballads chalenging Sinatra, Bubble', etc. Great stuff. Hugely popular in Japan of all places. Check him out!

Periodic Contributor

Chris Issak,Nat King Cole, Rau Malo,Roy Orbison,John Mayer,Pavarotti,Brook Benton,Frankie Lane,Dean Martin,Beck,Van Morrison

0 Kudos

Sam Cooke

Honored Social Butterfly

This is  a great topic to bring back... 

Love Chris Cornell.. fabulous voice!!!   Hank Williams   Steven Tyler   and more recent addition Adam Levine!!!   of course Elvis 

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@nyadrn wrote:

This is  a great topic to bring back... 

Love Chris Cornell.. fabulous voice!!!   Hank Williams   Steven Tyler   and more recent addition Adam Levine!!!   of course Elvis 

I forgot John Lennon!! 

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
0 Kudos
Conversationalist

Jimmy Buffett

Periodic Contributor

Elvis, Glen Campbell, Dean Martin, Brook Benton, Johnny Mathis, Gene Pitney, Neil Sedaka, and Tiny Tim (Only Kidding) 

Contributor

Adding to the favorite male singers listed on previous emails:  Andy Williams.  He had a beautiful voice.

Super Contributor

Dean Martin, Perry Como, Eddie Arnold, Jim Reeves, George Strait, Englebert Humperdink, Nat King Cole. Just a few, there are many more.

Periodic Contributor

Elvis
Periodic Contributor

Willie Nelson of course

Nat King Cole, Elvis Presley, Freddy Mercury, Paul and John

Regular Contributor

I left out Neil Young and George Harrison.

Regular Contributor

Freddy Mercury and Paul Rodgers.

Been Jon Bongiovi since the 80's. Fine specimen of a man. The only person that I can forgive being a democrat.
Contributor

While I'm an R&B fan at heart I also enjoy great singing in any genre.  Having said that my favorite male singers are Luther Vandross, Nat King Cole, Frank Sinatra, Tony Bennett, Stevie Wonder and Michael Jackson.

Contributor

Freddie Mercury in my opinion is the best all around singer ever.  He could sing anything, had the abillity to sing in 4 octaves and is greatly missed.

Periodic Contributor

Steve Perry (Journey)

Contributor

Elvis - He is the King of R&R.  Without him music would not have taken the same path from his time and on.

Contributor

Rod Stewart may not have the best voice but he delivers a song like no other! And Ricky Nelson was smooth
Super Contributor

John Denver, Waylon Jennings, Geoff Tate, Michael Sweet, Adam Lambert, any of the Gibb brothers, Jim Croce, Mark Slaughter, Tommy Shaw.....  In other words, I can't pick one.

Periodic Contributor

Ever since I was a little girl my all time favorite singer has been Al Martino (Spanish Eyes etc).  Add Perry Como and Nat King Cole to that list.  I studied in Spain many years ago so of course I adored Julio Igelsias back in the day and also have a fondness for his son Enrique.  Eddie Arnold, Marty Robbins, George Jones, Kenny Rogers, Jimmy Rogers (I think I own every one of his hits).  Then there is Sinatra of course and Dean Martin along with Michael Buble, Glen Campbell. Can't forget one of the greatist Elvis Presley. Then there is Roy Orbison, Rick Nelson, Paul Anka, Luther Vandross and so many more it's impossible to include them all!

Periodic Contributor

Paul Robeson, the greatest bass who ever lived.

cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Asteroidsยฎ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP