Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Conversationalist

Come DANCING - Dancing Songs

Two weeks ago my music blog featured songs with the word Dance in the title, with David Bowie’s “Let’s Dance” as its inspiration.  Today’s blog will somewhat expand on the theme with Dancing Songs.  After releasing my Dance blog, I received several suggestions of Dancing songs to add to the playlist, though I deferred adding, as the songs were already part of this planned playlist of Dancing songs.  So for those who suggested those Dancing songs, here they are.

In addition to the title song by the Kinks, some favorites include Van Halen’s or Martha & The Vandellas “Dancing In The Streets,” Billy Idol’s “Dancing With Myself,” Springsteen’s “Dancing In The Dark,” King Harvest’s “Dancing In The Moonlight.”  Then there’s a little disco flurry with Leo Sayer’s “You Make Me Feel Like Dancing,” the Bee Gees “You Should Be Dancing,”

Abba’s “Dancing Queen,” Pet Shop Boys’ “Domino Dancing,” Lionel Richie’s “Dancing On The Ceiling.”  Some videos from the movies “Pretty In Pink” and of course “Dirty Dancing” highlight the blog as well.

https://listentothemusicblog.com/come-dancing-dancing-songs/

Honored Social Butterfly

Great playlist! Here’s two more to add:

I can’t stop dancing, Archie Bell&the Drells

Dancing in the sheets, Shalamar 

Conversationalist

How could I forget Footloose?!?  Thanks - both added 🙂 

Honored Social Butterfly

With so many dance and dancing titles, a single playlist would get pretty long! 😺 

Just one more though…

Slow Dancing - Johnny Rivers (a personal favorite)

“When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.” - Jimi Hendrix
Conversationalist

Wow, haven't heard that song in 40 years or so.  Added.  Thanks!

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP