(Whitesnake & Deep Purple)

Debby Boone.           65

Nick Cave.                 64

Johnette Napolitano. 64

(Concrete Blonde)

Joan Jett.                     63

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

TV Guide has a special collector's issue, "The Beatles On TV" for $8.99.

You can order @ Beatlesontv.com

Honored Social Butterfly

Sept 21

Dickie Lee.             85

Don Felder.            74

(Eagles)

Faith Hill.               54

Tyler Stewart.       54

(Barenaked Ladies)

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

The Doobie Brothers new album, Liberte, will be released on Oct 1.

Honored Social Butterfly

The Beatles - Let It Be Super Deluxe EP/LP Box Set is now available on Amazon, Target, etc. It was released in celebration of the album’s 50th Anniversary last year. It will set you back some $$$$ though!

“When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.” - Jimi Hendrix
Honored Social Butterfly

A new season of The Voice starts tonight. Ariana Grande will be the new coach joining Kelly Clarkson, John Legend, and Blake Shelton.

“When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.” - Jimi Hendrix
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Sept 20

Peter White.               67

Randy Bradbury.        57

(Pennywise)

Gunnar Nelson.         54

& Matthew

Ben Shepherd.           53

(Soundgarden)

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Sept 19

Bill Medley.                81

Sylvia Tyson.             81

(Ian & Sylvia)

Paul Williams.           81

Freda Payne.             79

David Bromberg.      76

Lol Creme.                74

(10cc)

Nile Rodgers.           69

(Chic)

Lita Ford.                  63

Trisha Yearwood.   57

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Sept 18

Frankie Avalon.           81

Mark Olson.                 60

(Jayhawks)

Joanne Catherall.       59

(Human League)

Ricky Bell.                    54

(New Edition)

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Sept 17

LaMonte  McLemore     86

(Fifth Dimension)

Fee Waybill.                     73

(Tubes)

BeBe  Winans.                 59

Anastacia.                       53

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Sept 16

Betty Kelley.        77

(Vandellas)

Kenney Jones.    73

(Faces, The Who)

David Bellamy.    71

(Bellamy Brothers)

Earl Klugh.           68

Terry McBride.    63

Richard Marx.     58

Marc Anthony.    53

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Sept 15

Jimmy Gilmer.        81

(& Fireballs)

Kelly Keagy.            69

(Night Ranger)

Mitch Dorge.          61

(Crash Test Dummies)

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Sept 14

Joey Heatherton.           77

John "Bowzer" Baumann. 74

(Sha Na Na)

Steve Berlin.        66

(Los Lobos)

Morten Harket.    62

(A-ha)

Kudos
Views
Regular Contributor

Happy belated 77th Birthday to Davenie Johanna "Joey" Heatherton!  You were one of my earliest girl-crushes circa 1966-69. I started 1st grade in '69 dreaming of being a singer/go-go dancer/entertainer/movie-star after raptly watching your many television performances of that era. I still vividly recall those sizzling Serta commercials of yours I would mimic before the tv when no one was looking. I never became a movie star, even after moving to Los Angeles (sigh), but I was a model/multi-discipline dancer (w/tap, modern dance/jazz, & acrobats my main 3): dance from the age of 5 until 23, modeling from 15-23, when my son was born. I also became a vocalist & author - my 1st local radio performance was in 1966, 1st locally published poetry circa-1981 - & I've been writing/singing ever since. So in a not-so-circuitous way, I have you to thank for inspiring my degrees in Music & English, even though my son was grown by the time I earned them. Not sure who did your choreography or if you designed your own routines, but I always adored your svelte dance moves, sexy costume choices & modern short hairstyles. And yes, once out on my own & off those back-breaking futons of the roommate years, my 1st major bedding investment was one of those brand-name mattresses you did such a good job showing off back in the day! It turned out to be worth the $ in the long-run, too. I hope you are happy and well wherever you are today. Now that I'm older (much) & have a better appreciation for the arts, I think I'll check out your film catalogue. I didn't realize back then you had done so many acting roles. Mine ended with college opera & musical theatre. It will be nice to see you on the big screen (my flat-screen and/or laptop) again. If somehow you ever read this, I hope you had a great birthday celebration! Many happy returns to you from a life-long fan. SRW in NorCal.

Sharon R Wolfe
Honored Social Butterfly

Sept 13

David Clayton-Thomas.    80

(Blood, Sweat & Tears)

Peter Cetera.                      77

Randy Jones.                     69

(Village People)

Dave Mustaine.                 60

(Megadeath)

Joe Don Rooney.              46

(Rascal Flatts)

Fiona Apple.                      44

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Sept 12

Maria Muldaur.         79

Gerry Beckley           69

(America)

Nina Blackwood.     69

Ben Folds.                55

Jennifer Nettles.     47

(Sugarland)

Ruben Studdard      43

Jennifer Hudson     40

Regular Contributor

Hee-hee: Happy Birthday Ben Folds 55...progressed from band to orchestra overnight. Movin' on up, Son!

Sharon R Wolfe
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Sept 11

Mickey Hart.          78

(Grateful Dead)

Leo Kottke.            76

Tommy Shaw.       68

(Styx)

Jon Moss.             64

(Culture Club)

Mick Talbot.          63

(Dexys Midnight Runners)

Moby.                     56

Harry Connick Jr  54

Jon Buckland.      44

(Coldplay)

Ludacris.               44

Charles Kelley.     40

(Lady A)

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Sept 10

Roy Ayers.                 81

Danny Hutton.          79

(Three Dog Night)

Jose Feliciano.         76

Joe Perry.                  71

(Aerosmith)

Siobhan Fahey.         63

(Bananarama)

David Lowery.           61

(Cracker)

Robin Goodridge.     56

(Bush)

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Sept 9

Inez Fox.           79

Dee Dee Sharp 76

John McFee.    71

(Doobie Brothers)

Dave Stewart.   69

(Eurythmics)

Candy Dulfer.    52

Michael Buble   46

Lauren Daigle.   30

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Sept 8

Sal Valentino.               79

(Beau Brummels)

Cathy Jean Giordano   76

(Cathy Jean & Roommates)

Aimee Mann.                 61

David Steele.                 61

(Fine Young Cannibals)

Neko Case.                    51

Richard Hughes.           46

(Keane)

Pink.                                42

Eric Hutchinson.           41

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Sept 7

Sonny Rollins.          91

Gloria Gaynor.          78

Alfa Anderson.        75

(Chic)

Dennis Thompson  73

(MC5)

Chrissie Hynde.      70

(Pretenders)

Benmont Tench.     68

(Heartbreakers)

Margot Chapman.  64

(Starland Vocal Band)

Regular Contributor

Happy belated 68th Birthday, Benjamin Montmorency "Benmont" Tench III, longtime (they met when Benmont was eleven) Hammond organist, pianist, and backing vocalist for Tom Petty (R.I.P.) & the Heartbreakers & session musician to the stars! Prior to playing w/Tom in the Heartbreakers, Benmont also collaborated with Petty in the Sundowners & Mudcrutch. As a studio musician, Tench has worked with an extensive list of famous musical artists, including but by no means limited to Bob Dylan, Johnny Cash, Roy Orbison, Courtney Love, and The Who (who Mr. Tench recorded with as recently as 2019). I was lucky enough to see/hear him play live with Tom & his fellow Heartbreakers on the "**bleep** the Torpedoes" tour, July 10, 1980 at the Stanley Theatre in Pittsburgh, PA. Pittsburgh's own Tom: Tommy Tutone, started the show. It would be the only time I'd get to see the Heartbreakers, and even though I was only 17 at the time, I can remember certain songs from that evening like it was just a few nights ago, "Refugee," "Here Comes My Girl" and "Breakdown" were particularly memorable, as they are still among my favorites from that era. From the looks of things, Tench doesn't seem to be slowing down any. As a devoted fan, I hope you keep rocking for years to come. As for your birthday, I hope it was a great one with many more to follow. Thanx for a lifetime's worth of exemplary music, full of heart from a solid musician. Sincerely, Sharon in NorCal.

Sharon R Wolfe
0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Happy belated 70th Birthday, "Precious" Ms. Chrissy Hynde. My then-guy & I saw you play live with The Pretenders 09/26/81 at the Stanley Theatre (R.I.P. to a great old venue) in Pittsburgh, PA, the year I graduated from high school. You were promoting the very recent release of the band's 2nd album. Both of us were playing in bands at the time, me in Morgantown, WV & he in Pittsburgh, PA, & were seriously stoked to finally have the chance to attend one of your concerts, because by then we'd practically worn out both of your records. It was a great show, by the way. Afterward, we were still rockin' as we left the Theatre, hanging out by the entrance, talking with friends, making plans for the remainder of our evening when Tommy spotted you. Since he, too, was a musician, I'm guessing he assumed he could simply walk up to you and say, "Heh!" I still, after all these years, recall the look on his face when he approached, calling out to you with a, "Heh, Chrissy!" thinking to start up a short conversation & instead, you turned to him and said, "**bleep**** off!" then walked away. He was shocked, but unfazed, as he was smitten with you. The fact that you had even acknowledged his existence, albeit it with a cheeky lyric insult, was good enough for him. Tom came hurrying back to me with a big grin on his face & blurted out for all to hear, "Chrissy Hynde told me to eff off! Chrissy Hynde told me to eff off! For weeks to come, that was his badge of honor. He told everyone that would listen, proud as punch. LoL I hope you had a great birthday, and that many more follow. You've been a role model to generations of female vocalists, myself included. Rock on, Sister! Sharon in NorCal.

Sharon R Wolfe
Regular Contributor

Happy belated 73rd Birthday to Detroit's finest, Dennis "Machine Gun" Thompson! Not being born until 1963, it took me a little while to catch on to your butt-kicking drumming with MC5 (1964–1972, 1992? & 2003–2012), as well as with the great Ron Asheton (R.I.P.) of Stooges fame - sonic guitarist extraordinaire - in The New Order (1975-1976). But it was bound to happen sooner or later, & the evening my bandmates & I crashed a houseparty & took control over D.J. duties, it was basically non-stop Stooges & MC5 for the rest of the night. When some Mr. Smartypants suggested we mix it up a bit by playing other bands, we gladly offerred to do so if he could find something better. He could not & so relented. I didn't arrive in L.A. until 1984 & would later discover The New Order's 1989 release, "Victim of Circumstance."  But I found "The New Order" L.P. in 1977 prior to leaving my hometown once the demos were released under the same title, & would much later hear about the subsequent renamed reissues. I hope you had a blast on your birthday, & continue to "Kick Out the Jams" via many happy returns! Take care now, SRW in NorCal.

Sharon R Wolfe
Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Sept 6

David Allan Coe.      82

Roger Waters.          78

Buddy Miller.            69

Joe Smyth.               64

(Sawyer Brown)

Pal Waaktar.             60

(A-ha)

Mark Chesnutt.        58

Macy Gray.                54

Ce Ce Peniston.       52

Nina Persson.          47

(Cardigans)

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Sept 5

Al Stewart.              76

Loudon Wainwright III.    75

Mel Collins.            74

(King Crimson)

Terry Ellis.              58

(En Vogue)

Brad Wilk.              53

(Rage Against The Machine)

Dweezil Zappa.    52

Regular Contributor

A Blessed 74th to you, Mr. Melvyn Collins, a musician's musician, born into a family of the same. I mean, who HAVEN'T you played with in your long, storied career? And all top-notch groups, at that. But I must admit, your contributions over these many years to the killer sounds & songs of King Crimson stole my heart from the very 1st time I ever heard you play with them, on recordings & at live gigs from D.C. to Pittsburgh & other beloved venues between NYC & Baltimore, awa within the WV/OH/PA tri-state area. Many a KC cassette was worn out on late-nite, party-at-the-lake runs w/my dear, departed bestie, Mykie C. (R.I.P.) back in the day. Gigs at the old 9:30 were especially coveted, as we'd caravan up in multiple vehicles, carloads of wayward WV punk friends who just couldn't get enough King Crimson, no matter how often we played yr records or danced like mad at live shows. Your songs played such a large role in our teenage yrs, the band was even featured in our own lyrics & poetry when we began branching out forming local groups of our own. Once again, King Crimson was a major contributor to the soundtrack of our lives, so much so that when Covid-19 became a thing, a dear friend from back east sent me an "In the Court of the Crimson King" protective facemask to wear, which I do with pride, despite the fact that the big painted rose lips, red nose & giant white teeth make me look like someone straight outta the Insane Clown Posse! May you have a blessed birthday with many more to come, & I hope u never stop rocking. Take care now, SRW in CA.

Sharon R Wolfe
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Block Champ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP