Learn how to use Uber, Lyft and other ride-sharing services!  Register now for a free AARP webinar Nov. 18.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Where do you want to live when you retire?

Message 171 of 342
Virgin Islands very great place and near the water.
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 172 of 342

i don't know i need help with planning where and if I want an apt or a townhouse to relocate to or where I  would be happy.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 173 of 342

We live in the NW and love it but can see why snowbirds are snowbirds. Need somewhere warm for 1/2 the year. Maybe Costa Rica or Honduras.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 174 of 342

My wife and I are retired and live in New Jersey. We have sold our home and renting while we decide where we want to move. The choices are either stay in New Jersey or move to Pennsylvania. Each state has it's pros and cons, however, we need some definite info on which state overall is the best for retirees. We do not want to move to Pa. and when we get here find that, overall, it isn't any cheaper than NJ. Can anyone help?

Robert J Farr
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 175 of 342

What do you want to do when you get there?  What gives you meaning in your life? Will you find it there?

Carol King

Where Shall I Live When I Retire?

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 176 of 342

I would like to retire to charlottesville or Fredericksburg. Which is better for seniors and cost of living?

Tags (2)
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 177 of 342

You’re so lucky to be a writer. I’ve always wanted to retire to Fairhope, Al. When I was a young kid, I was told writers, like Herman Hesse, retired there. It’s a beautiful area on Mobile Bay near Gulf Shores. 

St. Augustine is a beautiful area, but I like being on the Gulf because the water is warmer. 

Fairhope isn’t as expensive as St A, but it’s a lot more expensive than when I was a kid. Some people are moving to Daphne and Dauphin Island which is one of my favorite places in the world. 

We currently live in Overland Park, Kansas, a suburb of Kansas City and I just hate the weather. It snowed on Easter.

Good luck to you.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 178 of 342
Move...make new friends...discover new places...
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 179 of 342
Henderson NV. Yes it’s hot... but cheaper to buy a home there. Also, I’m tired of the cold
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 180 of 342

We lived in Port Angeles,  Wa which is very close to Sequim, and it was anything but dry. That was back in the early 70's

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season