Contributor

Where did the funds from an AARP Investment program with Scudder go?

I have a few statements from my father, who has passed, that date back to September of 2000.  There was nothing in his file regarding where this money went or that the account was closed.  I am trying to retrace the chain of events and wondered if anyone can point me in the right direction

0 Kudos

I found papers for a ira for me . I didn’t know that I had a account .the last statement I have is 10/31/99. How do I find out about this account.

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

@nadasky 

Scudder itself is long gone, bought and merged. It's now owned by Deutsche Bank. Google will dig up the past on this.

Google also told me about the AARP Scudder funds. They seemed to have been closed out after about 3 years of existence. Any personal accounts would have been closed at that time and the proceeds returned to the account owner who would have done "something" with them...opened another account at Scudder, or took a check, or something.

See https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/ct-xpm-2000-02-20-0002200061-story.html from 2000

Then https://www.financial-planning.com/news/aarp-closing-down-funds. This gives some discussion, although it doesn't mention all AARP Scudder funds

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Put on your boogie shoes for the Daybreaker Live: Saturday Morning Fever: A Disco Dance with AARP! Shake your groove thing to live performances featuring Sister Sledge and Indigo Girls on June 26, 2021 at 11 a.m. ET. Register Here AARP Daybreaker Live: Saturday Morning Fever

Members Can Earn Cash Back

Earn 3% cash back rewards at gas stations and drug stores with AARP Membership. Join today for just $12 per year with Automatic Renewal.

AARP Membership

AARP Rewards

Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts. Get started with AARP Rewards now!

AARP Rewards Badge

Join Us For a Concert!

Celebrate Black Music Month and learn more about the powerful connections between music and health during an AARP virtual performance featuring R&B singer Raheem DeVaughn on June 28, 2021 at 8:00 p.m. EST. Register Here.

AARP Concert Series