Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Anonymous
Not applicable

What Is The BEST Age To Retire?

When asked most folks say age 65 to 67. Hmmm, what is your opinion?

Anonymous
Not applicable

• Personally, I retired at age 62 due to a very TOXIC work environment that kept me SICK and ANGRY every time I had to work.
  • Ideally, I want to work until the day I DIE. But it has to be FUN and on MY schedule ๐Ÿ˜‰
0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

Looking back, I should have retired earlier than 18 days before my 70th birthday. I'd been burnt out for 3 or 4 years, and wasn't feeling the joy in what I was doing anymore. And if I had known that my first year of retirement and more so far would be spent in pandemic isolation, I definitely would have retired early enough to get in the travel I'd wanted to do before the universal lockdown, before the effects of aging accelerated and my enthusiasm for travel waned. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @DeahWA I have always believed that while we need to pay our bills ๐Ÿ˜‰ we ALSO need to safeguard our health. I run across so many folks hanging on to a career that keeps them in their doctor's office ๐Ÿ˜ž Time to switch careers. Where are you interested in TRAVELING to if you do not mind sharing with us?

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipedeยฎ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP