Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Periodic Contributor

Retirement books

Can someone recommend some retirement books

Periodic Contributor

New book on Amazon "Retirement: The First 365 Days  Advice,Opinions and Observations trully a sincere and genuine approach with snippets, wittisms and a practical approach.

Gold Conversationalist

Interesting title and description

Are you the author?

Can you tell us more about the book? Is this about finances? how to spend your time? keep people away (those hucksters wanting our retirees' money)?

@GeorgeS347244 wrote:

New book on Amazon "Retirement: The First 365 Days  Advice,Opinions and Observations trully a sincere and genuine approach with snippets, wittisms and a practical approach.

Periodic Contributor

Yes I am. I'm happy to have written this day by day guide which puts into perspective the real needs and feelings we face in retirement. It's a sincere and purposeful look at what to expect and how to make some positive actions. Not a financial guide but rather a look at what we experience with those around us includeing family, friends, spouses, neighbors etc. I got two positive reviews since the book came out two weeks ago and encourage the soon to be or recently retired person to give it a look Thanks again for your interest! It also makes a breat gift giving book and I would describe it as inspirational. There's humor as well.

Gold Conversationalist

Thank you George.

Unfortunately, it's a bit late for me, I've been retired for about 17 months, more than the 365 days, haha. But I'm sure it still has relevance for me!

I'll have to think on this and see if I can come up with any other good "retirement books". Hopefully others here will chime in.

@GeorgeS347244 wrote:

Yes I am. I'm happy to have written this day by day guide which puts into perspective the real needs and feelings we face in retirement. It's a sincere and purposeful look at what to expect and how to make some positive actions. Not a financial guide but rather a look at what we experience with those around us includeing family, friends, spouses, neighbors etc. I got two positive reviews since the book came out two weeks ago and encourage the soon to be or recently retired person to give it a look Thanks again for your interest! It also makes a great gift giving book and I would describe it as inspirational. There's humor as well.

Periodic Contributor

Retirement The First 365 Days is also available as an e- book on the Amazon kindle. Get some great advice and a daily day by day look at retirement. The paperback version makes a  great gift for yourself , friend or family member who could use some encouragement, direction and insight during the transition into the next part of life. It's a fun easy read with 365 short essays dealing with real life situations in retirement.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP