Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Contributor

Gardening

I recently moved from midwest to Colorado. I enjoyed gardening back where I lived. But now, dry, sandy soil, hungry deer make it impossible to garden outside.  I'll just have to pivot and do gardening differently. 

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Yes I have a couple of them,  I really like using them.   Being the first year read a kot annd got started.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Hi,  I know its very late, couldn't sleep,  I was not able to keep thing growing this year  But

seem to have some good Tomatos now.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I live in WA and we have a very voracious deer population.  I have been planting deer friendly shrubs and plants on the outskirts of our property to keep them at bay and have been creating art gardens instead of introducing new, tasty dinner items for them.  Rock gardens with statuary, painted rocks, or rocks placed in patterns can create real interest.  There are a lot of great glow in the dark paints, solar lighting and art options, and I have been finding that most deer will leave evergreen shrubs alone.  They also don't like things like lilac, rosemary, and lemon thyme, so I have added those to some of the established gardens as well.

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

I see a lot of my neighbors with raised beds, which allow you to amend the soil and irrigate

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

yes,  I use them its nice to sit next to them and do the Hoeing, 😊  guess that sounds

a bit lazy,  seems to be the speed of my days.

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Block Champ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP