Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Contributor

membership store's reward

I have over $147.36 in my reward certificate, which I will loose in 12/31/20

Below are at least seven reasons why I can not travel 200 miles to redeem or collect my Costco Rewards. I will add a few of my own reasons why I can not travel this long distances.

• My age and my health.
  • Fires and much smoke in many direction.
  • We have been told to stay home.

To prevent infection and to slow transmission of COVID-19, do the following:

• Wash your hands regularly with soap and water, or clean them with alcohol-based hand rub.
  • Maintain at least six feet distance between you and people coughing or sneezing.
  • Avoid touching your face.
  • Cover your mouth and nose when coughing or sneezing.
  • Stay home if you feel unwell.
  • Refrain from smoking and other activities that weaken the lungs.
  • Practice physical distancing by avoiding unnecessary travel and staying away from large groups of people.
  •  

Why can the hundreds of us just get your permission to use our Costco Rewards on line, and get the items that many of us need for health and misc. items we need due to so many of our stores closing in this small area.

I hope to hear from you, as I have put so much time to try and get help. I will try and find help from other sources before my membership fees come due.

Thank you for your

0 Kudos
Gold Conversationalist

@JosephN370066   Oh, no!

I can see why you aren't traveling to redeem this.   I take mine in hand immediately when it comes in the February statement and run to my local Costco, only twenty minutes away.   I had no idea these could not be redeemed online.    The Costco credit card is a good one for us, but not so much if I was 200 miles from a Costco.  If you haven't already, I'd start calling customer service.  First call Costco's and if that doesn't work, try Citi.   I think Costco's might be more helpful.    If the first person you talk to doesn't fix the problem, ask for a supervisor.  These are unusual times.   I'd first try the customer service on the back of the credit card and if that doesn't work, the Costco Corporation customer service.  I don't think someone else can redeem it for you, can they?   I have to sign it like a check and have my number in the system.   In an occasional high travel year, the rebate would be more than my purchase and the store would write me a check.   I think it can be done if you talk to the right person.     This board is about AARP Rewards, but as someone who would also be upset to lose that amount of money, I sympathize.

Regular Contributor

Hmm... JosephN370066, it sounds like you're on the wrong website. Yes it would be much easier if Costco didn't require our physical presence to redeem the rewards, but you've posted this to the AARP website - not to the Costco website. You'll need to ask Costco.

I hope it works out well for you.

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Block Champ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP