Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Regular Contributor

impossible to win instant awards

I'm deeply distrustful of the whole Rewards operation.

For one, I've gone through more than 400 consecutive Instant Wins and won nothing. NADA.

And why is that?  Anyone explain that?

And what about finding out some general information on who's winning the rewards sweepstakes? Is there any attempt on the part of the provider/operator or AARP Rewards to give out some information that explains there are real people winning the sweeps?

AND why can't the provider of AARP Rewards provide me a running total of my cumulative entries into a sweepstake? It used to do that, provide a running total on all my entries, but now it doesn't do that.

As always, I'm deeply skeptical of the people running this thing...

Conversationalist

@rednexsrus :  But as you might notice, when the number of winners are larger the prize is a smaller $5 card and not the $10.  

Kudos
Views
Regular Contributor

Well folks I have come to a conclusion, why bother. I am sure that some of you will agree that why do we try to complete any of the quizzes if you can't win anything with those points. As I stated before I haven't won a single instant win in over a year.  Now even the gift cards by points are less and less. So why bother. Basically, it's a waste of time. I will continue using what I have left in points towards the gift cards by points if and when I do happen to come across any. Until then I will no longer need to complete any of the quizzes. It's sad ☹️ and frustrating, because several years ago it used to be fun trying to get an instant win card but now it's like trying to win the lottery. 

Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist

Not only has the value of the points only gift cards been reduced to the paltry $5.00 but have you noticed that the 75 points for the quizzes has also been increase nearly doubled. That means less and less 450 point quizzes. Back in the day of R4G we got 600 points and sometimes double points of 1200. AJF2K1, you are so right about the sad and frustrating conditions have become. I am like you, all the FUN is gone 😡

Just Saying 

lucyp061351
Conversationalist

Agreed! I have ony been a member for a few years, but since the beginning and fast-forward to now, it's not fun at all! It's mainly due to not being able to redeem x3 for one, trying to check in for anything new to redeem (x1 x3 every month, and lately I have been missing out, and losing 2 redeems per month), losing so many points to a 'shell game,' (aka IWs, and Sweepstakes), by which you keep putting points into something, and not getting anything out of it, blah, blah, blah. So, yes, I agree... 'I am like you, all the FUN is gone.' 😔

[̲̅$̲̅(̲̅5̲̅)̲̅$̲̅] (☉౪ ⊙)
Bronze Conversationalist

Hello everyone 🤗. Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. You've said exactly what a lot of AARP members are saying and feeling. It's a shame the way we're treated

I've never won a Instant Win game yet

The new Extra Credit for December have longer videos and the Rewards are TERRIBLE. These $5 gift cards for points are a out right slap in our faces. Then they want Feedback. It seems like we need someone to Petition AARP to help it's members in a time that we're struggling to make ins meet. C'mon now, we as members should be seeing gift cards for points $10 - $25. Also, how many Instant Win prizes for each prize is available. I'm just saying

Concerned Member
Community Concierge

@AJF2K1 Don't give up! The AARP Rewards program has become quite popular and redemption options sell out quick. I encourage you to keep checking back as we update the inventory. Thanks for being a part of our family!

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Hello Janelle, thank you very much for looking at this on the bright side and I apologize for being a stick in the mud. But please understand the frustration that we as "paid members" are going through. As for myself, not being able to win in over a year is very aggravating. I am sure that other members share that same feeling with me. You stated that the inventory is updated, that might be true but that has not helped us at all. Understand that having new gift cards being offered to us is not the answer. From what I can see AARP is expanding their membership count every day, at this rate if you continue offering the same amount of gift cards as you are now, we will definitely reach a dead end when it comes to paid AARP members winning anything. For many of us that would be very disappointing.

Conversationalist

Thank you for responding. Doesn't it seem odd to you that many are losing consistently while a handful win on what seems to be a regular basis? What do they know that we don't? Have you considered making this program for members only? 

Silver Conversationalist

I have always said this program should be for MEMBERS ONLY. What is the reason in letting non-members participate ?? MONEY !! 

Just Saying

lucyp061351
Periodic Contributor

I finally won an instant card win after playing almost every day for 17 months.  It was a Peets coffee gift card.  Every time I see a card you can purchase with points it is already sold out, so I guess you have to keep checking the site day and night to catch them fast.  I agree, this is not worth it any longer.  Waste of time and energy.  

Contributor

How and when did they send you the Peet’s gift card?  I won one last week and not sure how or when I’ll get it?

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

The gift cards arrive by email within a few minutes of winning.  Check your spam or junk mail.

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

Just want to say “Instant Wins” they are not.  Still impossible to win.  And I agree with another post where people are talking about the Instant Wins (since the box that opened went away), about how fast the “Sorry” you aren’t a winner comes up on the screen.  It comes up automatically.  So fast that I believe there is nothing there to win.

Super Contributor

Of the 400 times you have tried to win a instant prize thousands and thousands of people including myself are also trying to win those same prizes making the odds of winning one quite small. About 2 weeks ago I did actually finally win a prize after like you unsuccessfully trying for some time.. Feel free to give up trying which will increase my chances of winning again : ) Also earlier in the awards program I did use to win fairly regularly, now I believe they only award 100 of each instant prize. I'm guessing that when I was winning more they were most likely giving away way more than 100 of some of the prizes they offered. What they are offering in the awards program has greatly reduced which is annoying. That is especially true for the value of gift cards you can get for just points. Most are now 5.00 and the occasional 10.00 card. Not long ago I was redeeming points for gift cards valued 20.00 - 25.00.

Regular Contributor

It is more difficult to win because it is open to everyone and featured on sweepstakes sites to play these instant win games!

Silver Conversationalist

@mjt1959

It's not an Instant Win but remember when your points meant something 😫  

Just Saying aarp.jpg

lucyp061351
Social Butterfly

@mjt1959 

Hey

FYI 

Instant Daily wins are now 100 WINS OVER COURSE OF 7 DAYS (each last 7 days once available) .... earlier when I also won more often was 100 TO WIN EVERY DAY (24hrs 9-9)

This big change made odds nearly impossible vs olden days.... Been since Nov 2020 I've won one 😞

Good luck!

Ginger  ;   )

Conversationalist

I have reviewed the Instant Daily winners list for the period of April 1 to June 23, 2021. Again I have found that there are people who won 8, 11, and 14 times during this period. There are others who won 'only' 6 to 8 times during the same period.  These same people won up to 16 times (some only won 11 times, others 8 times) during the period of Dec 31, 2020 and Mar 31, 2021. As a refresher, the names I selected stand out simply because of their uniqueness and the frequency they appear in the winners list.

@AARPTeri  - I know you had stated that employees are forbidden to participate but clearly someone is gaming the system. Perhaps these are not employees but somehow they are involved in this inordinate number of wins every period. Please have this checked into. I don't mean to be rude, but it is not enough to say that employees are forbidden to participate when the numbers indicate something foul is going on. 

I am like so many others who participate every day and get skunked every day. I have tried different times of the day, including between the hours of 2 and 5 AM EST (and believe me, I need my beauty sleep!). NOTHING!! Yet somehow, this handful of people know with a consistent frequency when to play and win. It is frustrating to say the least.

Regular Contributor

Thanks again for pushing on this. I still think it's a racket.

Anyway you can email me the names of winners list you got recently?  Or even post it here so we can view it?

And PS>.. I did at last win an Instant Win, a $10 card. It was at least 825 tries over the past 15 months since I'd won anything on AARP.  So it is happening, but not as random as it should be.

Conversationalist

The list of winners can be found at:

https://bit.ly/2ZMG8ny

I 'print' the file to my hard drive creating a pdf file. I can then search the pdf file. The dates start with the most recent so at the end of the file will be the first date covered by the file. I'm sorry if this sounds confusing, but you will see what I am poorly trying to say when you see the file.

By the way, if you click on any Instant Win, then click on the 'Official Rules' in the Disclaimer section, you will get a long list of Instant Wins going back to what seems like the beginning of time. Click on any one of them for the rules. Toward the bottom of the 'rules' is a link to see the list of winners. Every Instant Win listed in that very long list takes you to the same list of winners.

Best of luck!

Regular Contributor

I wonder if we should report this issue with the 

AARP Fraud Watch Network Helpline: 877-908-3360

Yea right. NOT!

Or better yet how about the FTC Federal Trade Commission at 1-877-FTC-HELP, 1-877-ID-THEFT. 

Maybe that will get the attention of someone in AARP that might actually care.

Super Contributor

I agree that @AARPTeri should look into this!! Definitely something fishy going on

Anne

Gold Conversationalist

@BeachGirl23   Thank you for your analysis.   It should be crystal clear to any decision maker at AARP that something is wrong.   

As I suggested before...and others as well...these instant wins MUST be limited to members only.  An individual can have many different email addresses.  Paid memberships are tied to real addresses.   Some have shared that sweepstakes sites are sending people to this site just to compete.  That is not the purpose AARP had in mind.    Fraud is being committed and the paying members are being left out for the most part. 

Periodic Contributor

I don't think anyone from AARP even reads these posts.  

13 months as an AARP member playing instant wins daily and so far not one win.  This is what I get every time.

Capture.JPG

Trusted Contributor

Since it is nearly impossible to win an Instant Win, please, please make Instant Wins for “Members Only.”  Perhaps by doing that for the members of AARP, we would have a better chance of winning something!  Why do non-members get to play anyway?  Doesn’t seem fair.

Conversationalist

Its difficult to win anything here or elsewhere.There are lots of people that just enter sweepstakes as a hobby.If you check the coupons boards that have discount codes,etc almost all have links to as many sweepstakes as they can find for their readers.Many sites list the aarp sweepstakes so a lot entries most likely aren't even interested in aarp.Not sure if sweepstakes have to be legally open to everyone or not.

Regular Contributor

I am glad we are all expressing our experiences with this "Instant Win" game. I had started a topic similar to this one "The Odds Are Against You!", and now we can all see that the odds are really terribly against us from winning an "Instant Win". I had expressed my views and I will say it again, why does AARP offer ("Instant Win") as a benefit  to us if we can't "benefit" from it. When you have members that say they "don't want to waste my points" or "I don't waste my time" what does that tell you about this program. Please correct me if I'm wrong but I believe that AARP has designed the Instant win game so we can educate ourselves with videos and quizzes and in turn with those points give us incentives to continue this education. But at what point do you say that this program/benefit is not working. In my case, if 500 unsuccessful attempts to win is supposed to be an incentive something is definitely wrong with AARP's thinking. At this point the only way that I can try to figure this out is that the main reason for all our unsuccessful attempts is that AARP wants us to complete has may quizzes and videos as we can. That way they will continue getting paid by the sponsors/commercials for those quizzes and videos. So it's a win for their sponsors, a win for AARP, and we end up being the losers doing all the work for AARP and we get nothing in return. One last thing, with all these members expressing their criticisms of this particular program, where is AARP? Why haven't they explained to all us why this is happening. At this point my confidence in the integrity of AARP and how they are handling this program is 0.

Conversationalist

Thank you, @AJF2K1 for accurately expressing my thoughts on the instant wins. With each passing, losing day I find myself wondering 'why am I doing this?'. It is no longer fun when you win maybe once every 6 months meanwhile hearing about other's fortunate wins on a regular basis. 

The timing of a win should be a random, system generated win time not sometime after midnight every night EST. Also, people should be allowed only 3 instant wins a month. 

And yes, where is AARP on this??? 

Regular Contributor

So true. It’s an erratic weird system, badly operated.

Periodic Contributor

Your experience is the same as mine.  Approaching my one year anniversary in AARP and not one instant win and no sweepstakes win.  More trouble than its worth to log in and try really.  

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP