Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Contributor

Where's the page to redeem my points?

I was able to it last week, but as of today, anytime I click on anything to do with Rewards or even click on my points at the top of the screen's "toolbar" it takes me to the rewards page but with an advertisement that covers 1/2 the page about digital banking and then section below to earn points by doing a few things - yet nothing ever shows on WHERE to spend my 11K+ points.

Did that page go down due to needing to swap out rewards or what?

Getting a lil frustrated here.

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

Looks like you're on the 'Discover' page. As a new member recently registered on 2-9, AARP software wants you to complete the "Extra Credit Rewards" activities which 'un-locks all the rewards that only members can only redeem.' This activity occurs on the first of each month and most of us/ members need to complete these activities to redeem better rewards. Ok the 'Extra Credit Rewards' is very glitchy these days, so do this:

Click here ---> Extra Credit (aarp.org)     and complete all the activities for each 3 level/ tier - quizzes and watch videos; there is no grading for quizzes - just do your best.

If you don't see anything but moving circular arrows, then click on those very long gold bars and you will see the activities to complete. When you have  completed all 3 levels you will have access to all rewards, especially the 'only member rewards.

Go to 'Redeem - All rewards' from drop down menu -'filter'- on the AARP Rewards page.  --->   AARP Rewards: Explore Ways to Reward Yourself

If you want you may log out and re-enter to clear your pc cache after completing the all 'Extra Credit Rewards' activities.

I'm assuming you haven't completed the 'Extra Credit Rewards' activities; but if you already have -- then it's a simple matter of navigation.

See where it says 'Discover" -  see the little  " V "  - click on it - this is the drop down menu. ๐Ÿค”  Click on 'All Rewards' under 'Redeem' it's just that simple.

๐Ÿ˜Ž    (I'm using Edge with Adblock Plus)

Contributor

Didn't help as when I clicked on the link to Extra Credit, the only thing that came up was the top red bar with the Menu and Logo and the grey bottom section with the 12 "departments" for you to click on. I had to click on the link in the red bar that showed how many points I had and it took me to the proper page (the one that had the giant advertisement at the top 2/3 of the page.

My only issue now is, I don't own a fitness tracker so I can't complete that. So apparently I'm fubar'd for this month from accessing the rewards - even though I was able to access that particular page last week and now I can't.

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

Ok, ok you're not fubur'd - everything will work out just fine. 

Ok, let's start again...

1 - click on the spot with your 'number of points' you've accumulated on top red bar - in the middle. Do not click anything on left.

2 - See where it says 'Discover" (inside long rectangular box) -  see the little  " V "  <---  click on it - this is the drop down menu. 

Click on 'All Rewards' under 'Redeem' it's just that simple.

๐Ÿค”   (You do not need to have or use a sync fitness tracker; it is not necessary - trust me. I don't own a fitness tracker and one is not needed here.)

0 Kudos
Contributor

Screenshot (1).png

Nope, I am pc tech savvy (actually have my A+ and MSCE certifications from 2005).

There is no "Discover" button when I click on m rewards limit. In fact this is what the page shows:

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

0 Kudos
Contributor

Nope, I get the same page look at when I click on the link for Extra Credit the other person posted - red bar with Menu and the AARP logo, then the bottom grey box with the "departments" shoved right up under it.

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

0 Kudos
Contributor

That's the problem, I can't get to the page to redeem my points. I keep getting taken to that page I posted above to the original reply thread. I can't access the actual Redeem page.

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

In general, when I go to some web sites, and it doesn't properly display or function it could be my personal browser setting. It won't function correctly until I:

- allow third party cookies and ( you may add the website to 'allow to keep their cookies') (AARP does use cookies to keep track of your 'rewards point balance, etc)

- reduce tracking prevention level from - 'strict' to 'balanced'

- allow 'java script' <-- check your settings (if you're on a known credible website - you may need to allow java scripts to run)

- for those who use adblocker software - you may need to allow for some web sites (at least temporarily) to run without this function

...and yes, AARP website is one of those sites where you may need to adjust your browser settings (at least temporarily) if the page doesn't load/ display correctly.

๐Ÿค”  Edge, AdblockPlus, CCleaner

Contributor

FINALLY!!!! That worked!  tyvm!

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

๐Ÿ˜€  Great   ๐Ÿ‘

---->   Dancing in the Moonlight (King Harvest Through the Years) - YouTube

๐Ÿ˜Ž

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipedeยฎ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP