Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Bronze Conversationalist

Unusual Happenings

It's my understanding that rewards for points that are posted and are subsequently sold out each week would stay on the Redeem page as 'sold out' until Friday.  This week, I noticed two rewards for points that were posted for only a very short time and then removed rather than being listed as 'sold out'.  One was for a Google Play card and one for a Playstation card.  Does anyone know why some rewards are posted and then removed so quickly from the Redeem Page?

Silver Conversationalist

@k380494p Maybe we should change the Topic here to โ€œ Not So Unusual Happenings โ€œ We really should not be surprised about anything that is going on with this Rewards Program. Our Dear Administrator has seen fit to have his minions screw up the catalog filters AGAIN. If you try filtering  for points only  you get everything, points and purchase cards plus any entry returns you back to the start page and you have to scroll all over again. ๐Ÿ˜ช They will do anything to annoy and cause frustration. It canโ€™t be that difficult to make this work !!!

just saying

lucyp061351
0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

On March 27th, a DoorDash GC appeared briefly and then disappeared.  The PlayStation GC could not have been offered but for a very short period of time today.  I did not see it shown as Sold Out.  I did see it but whenever I went back to look again, it was gone, completely. Perhaps, they only had a few to offer?   I donโ€™t think I have ever seen how many Gift Cards are available for point only purchase.  Does anyone know how many are offered for each card?  Is there a set number?

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

Not mentioned yet is a $15 Uber gift card (for 30,000 points) that I first saw around 7 pm Pacific time on April 12. I jumped on it as soon as I saw it, and by the following morning it had disappeared.

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

FYI. PlayStation is back.  It is 9:45 pm et.  17,000 points for $10 value.

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@k380494p Effective 2/17/21, we began removing sold out items at the end of each business day.

Trusted Contributor

Hello Janelle, can you let us know how long that โ€œnewโ€ is listed on a for points item?  At least for me when I am scrolling for items it would be quicker if items were not listed as new for what seems like a long time.  I 

could look quickly for items that are genuinely new.

Thank you for your reply.

Kudos
Views
Community Concierge

@tinasinge  Good question, items are labeled as "New" for 7 days. 

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

Thank you for your reply Janelle. In my opinion 7 days seems to be a little excessive because sometimes more than one new item may post on a day in 7 days they really add up. My suggestion would be listed as โ€œnewโ€ for a few days after that can they truly be considered new?

Members can you weigh in with your thoughts please?

Thank you all

Super Contributor

JanelleM at AARP:

I have a question about the Instant Win cards for points: are those Gift cards still available to lose points should those Gift cards no longer be available-no longer around as per say "sold out"?

Thank you

Stay Healthy!!!

Community Concierge

@LaurajW510385 I'm unsure what you're asking. Please provide me with more details and I will do my best to assist!

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

LaurajW510385 is probably asking the question that I have in mind. Because we do not see any soldout for the instant wins, is it possible that, while they are already sold out, we still play the game? That was the first question. Second for me: Could the system go back to one day only instead of a week as it seems very difficult to win anything now? Third for me: Could you please have the instant wins for members only? 2 and 3 would increase the odds of winning and would give an incentive for non-members to join. I thank you in advance for answering these 3 questions.

Retired Community Manager

@a170938b 

Thank you all for passion in the AARP Rewards program and asking your questions here!  To address the instant wins questions:  These are not sold out right away and are awarded throughout the entire 7 days the instant win contest is live.  Our instant win rules explain this in detail, here is the excerpt:  There will be one hundred (100) random, computer generated winning times during the Promotion Period. If you are the first player to play the Instant Win Game at or after one of the randomly-generated times, you will be a potential instant winner of the prize offered for this calendar day.

As mentioned earlier, we currently remove the sold out items out of the catalog quickly based on feedback received from members like you.

AARP Rewardsโ€™ purpose is to help you make lifeโ€™s transitions meaningful and achievable. We want you to be rewarded for learning, and our rules are to ensure that all can participate on a level playing field.  We do offer dedicated member only deals and ways to earn as an added bonus to AARP members!

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Super Contributor

Briana:

Thank you for your update with all of this it sure does help me & I do Greatly Appreciate it!!

Just wanted to also ask: The Daily Instant Win & the Sweepstakes are for everyone & anyone to play & win? That kind of leaves me out to win as an AARP Member which is Briana not really fair since I'm somewhat paying for it with Membership & points along with also learning...I'm a bit Human hurt Briana its okay for me to cry a bit over the age of 55+ & no temper tantrums yet without you knowing I still can. ๐Ÿ˜ข๐ŸŒฆ

Thank you

Stay Healthy!!!

0 Kudos
Retired Community Manager

@LaurajW510385 Yes, anyone can win the Instant Win or Sweepstakes. As a member, you get the opportunity to earn more points per day and you receive more points than non members for completing the same activities. You also qualify for members only catalog items so there's definitely perks to being a member!

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

Hello Briana, I have not received any reply from you about my prior request and now have a new issue I have not been able to get any points for the videos I have viewed today. If you are unable to help please refer me to who can.

Thank you I would appreciate a reply.

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

Hi Briana, I have an ongoing situation that has resulted in my inability to purchase any daily deals.  This happens every time.

when I try to purchase the daily deal it adds item to cart and I click on checkout but then the system gives message that says wants to insure my security and it logs me out.  By the time I log back in it is sold old.  Happens every time, I started as soon as offer button came on and by the time I was logged out and signed back in it was 9:02 and deal was sold out.  Is the automatic log out what all members go through?

Again, it happens every time I try to buy a daily deal which has been often with no luck ever due to time lost being logged out.  Thank you for your assistance.

0 Kudos
Gold Conversationalist

@tinasinge   I found the customer service number on the rewards page and called about my missing email for finally winning an instant win.  Unfortunately the person who answered could not help me, but wrote a ticket for the tech people to address.  (He could see the email was never sent)  I think these people could replace missing points.   Would likely refer your case on the deals and videos to the techies.   Worth a try.   Was pleased I didn't have to wait on hold.

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

Thank you so much HokiePoq will try that.

Curious, Have you had the situation with daily deals of getting signed off?

0 Kudos
Gold Conversationalist

@tinasinge   No, I haven't had that situation.   And still no resolution of my missing email redemption link.  Have never had that issue before, but had not won anything since last October.   Good luck!

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

@AARPBriana Since we can earn more points as a member than non members, is it possible for members to receive more points only redemptions than non members?  Maybe 5 instead of 3?  

Trusted Contributor

Great request, thank you for suggesting it.  I would like to suggest/request for AARP Concierge  that after points only rewards are offered for say one week and they have not sold out we can purchase two awards instead of one.  Since there are so many $5 awards that are not sold out for an extended period we could purchase two which would have more value, especially for for members with lots of points.

Thank you for your reply 

Community Concierge

@k380494p @tinasinge Thanks for your suggestions, we appreciate your input ๐Ÿ™‚

Super Contributor

Thanks Briana for the AARP Rewards Members update where I'm playing against a whole world out there & they would have all the benefits of winning as non-Members.. I sure would Like to win a couple or more Gift cards & some of the Sweepstakes I've entered for my perks as a Member.

Not here to argue with you I do Greatly Appreciate your information about all of this..it is hard knowing the truth of it now & wondering should I ever win as a Member.

Thank you

Stay Healthy!!!

Super Contributor

Yeah Janelle that's it. When I play the Daily Instant Win Gift cards later in the day & week when the last day is 8:59am ET are there still those Gift cards available? I also do not like wasting points or my energy for something that is not there. I agree with a17*** those should only be for Members Only cause I sure would also like to win whenever I play at least one Gift card so late in the day. I replied earlier today & for some reason its not showing here.

Please let me know if the Daily Instant Win Gift cards are still available to win whenever I do play? That is not fair & it definitely is cheating the system not very much appreciated as an AARP Member.

Thank you

Stay Healthy!!!

Give me an incentive to never play again.

Gold Conversationalist

@LaurajW510385   That is a very good question.   I just played the Bass Pro one that goes off today I think....could be wrong on that but nevertheless, wonder if I was throwing points away by doing so in the last hour.   That would apply to whatever item is going off the seven day period.     If all the randomly given prizes are gone, you are definitely right that it should say "sold out".    This change to a seven day period of the same number of prizes has been detrimental to the participants other than the repeated winners.   A ploy to make it seem like there are more prizes when there are not and get people to give up seven times the points just to try to win.  Hello World obviously thinks senior citizens are stupid and will think there are more prizes.   Had the same type thing happen with a medication I have to buy over the counter.   The company halved the amount in the package but put it in three rather than two containers (warehouse pack).   Not only did they effectively double the price, but made it harder to open more packs to use.  Seniors need corporate respect, not ploys to take advantage of them.  AARP needs to see this in Hello World as they do in the many beneficial fraud watches.

Conversationalist

For all we know the instant wins could be sold out right away! Just like the more desirable for points only gift cards. This is why I am hoping that @AARPJanelleM will see all our concerns and questions and that she will take the time to answer us accurately, including my previous 3 questions. It seems to me that all of those concerns have been a recurrent topic here for some time; no answer has been given yet to my knowledge.

Super Contributor

Dear All My AARP Community Educators:

I sure do Greatly Appreciate you all responding & corresponding to this inquiry I have had for quite some time in the short time I've enlisted as the AARP Rewards program. I find it hard to earn the points which is Great at watching, learning, reading (although some of it does not persist with my "other" teachings I read, watch, listen, take notes, breathe deep, relax, etc etc. Yet when it comes to doing all that with all those points & would Greatly Love to win seems I'm just wasting my time in playing & all my points get sucked into the system.

I'm not sure if AARP would ever tell me the truth of that should they know it from the HelloWorld part of it & as an Elderly Person AARP Member I am being Gift card frauded by AARP & that is definitely not right.

So I put the question there Hoping I would be able to have the truth of it perhaps an incentive to not play at all (the most reason I joined was the "Gift cards"). 

The other night I was thinking of this as being a "gambling habit &/or addiction" which also is not a very Healthy thing for me & I should not have to waste a whole bunch of points when there are no more Instant Win cards to win at anytime I play during the week.

I do appreciate you all's input as well as the additional information it helps me out a whole bunch. Janelle has not responded yet either so .... query questions of information where "fraud" should not be there especially for the 50+ age group in AARP.

Bless you

Stay Healthy!!!

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

The Google Play card was removed very quickly, not at the end of the day (5pm et??). I did not see the Playstation card at all.

cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipedeยฎ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP