Content starts here
CLOSE ×
Search

Unable to purchase Carnival Gift Card without receiving payment processing error

Contributor

Unable to purchase Carnival Gift Card without receiving payment processing error

I’ve been trying for weeks now to purchase Carnival gift cards, and receive a payment processing error every single time, regardless of the payment type used. Is anyone else having this issue? I called the support number and they took my information, but I have yet to hear back from them with a solution. I have purchased many Carnival gift cards in the past with no error.

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@kr1466 @AngelM246140 @sherir629070 Please verify that the name and address you entered at checkout exactly match your payment card's billing statement. Participants can't make a purchase using someone else's credit or debit card.

If you continue to have trouble purchasing Rewards gift cards, please get in touch with us by either:

• Chatting with us online using the CHAT icon on the right, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET.

• Calling us at 1-866-451-6305, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Janelle - I have been a member for several years and have specifically been purchasing carnival gift cards with the same credit card over the past 3 years. It's always worked up until last October of 2023. My name and address matches exactly on the AARP account to my credit card company.  The CHAT function does nothing and I have been constantly reaching out to customer service for assistance.  I will hear back from them that Technology has fixed the issue on your end and then I can usually complete a purchase but then it automatically diverts back to the payment error message.   I am not a technology expert, but it seems that there is a blocking issue on your side when someone tries to purchase multiple carnival gift cards.  We are allowed to purchase up to 25 gift cards a month, but the site only allows for 5 at a time. If the block is lifted, once I purchase the 5 maximum and go back in and try another 5 I get the error message.  I even tried it on my phone through the app and received a message that your security has blocked my account due to excessive and quick purchases which appears as a BOT.  If we are allowed to purchase up to 25 gift cards a month, get IT to program on your side to allow customers to do exactly that without automatically blocking us. 

0 Kudos
Contributor

I am having this issue since yesterday. Using the same card i used earlier this year two times, but now it wont go through. Contacted support and i have also confirmed everything matches 😫

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

This happened to me a while ago.  Long while, since I haven't been on these boards for a while.  When it happened to me back then it seemed to me that there was a difference between the name on the credit card used for payment and the name used in AARP log in.  In my case I go by Russ or Russell, and that seemed to be the conflict.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I have been experiencing the same issue since October 2023.  Made numerous carnival gift card purchases over the past years.  I contacted customer service several times and received an email today that IT looked into my account and that I should be able to purchase today.  No reason as to what happened but when I tried to buy again today, I received the same error messages as before.  It is beyond frustrating.  I have received the same error messages using google chrome, microsoft edge, firefox and also tried using the app on my iphone and no luck there either. I have also followed all of their tips regarding name and billing address matching, no blocking of 3rd party ads and I've cleared my cookies and cache so many times but again no luck! 😞  They obviously don't know how to fix it and really don't seem to care.   

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

AARP Limited Time Offer: Memorial Day Sale! Join or renew for just $9 per year when you sign up for a 5-year term and get a FREE gift.

More From AARP