Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Trusted Contributor

Unable to Purchase Cards

For some time now, I have been unable to purchase the discounted gift cards.  When I try to purchase one, enter my credit card info, and submit, all I get forever is "Processing."  So, two weeks ago, I chatted with AARP.  I chatted with three different people:  Jacqueline, April, and Kade.  They walked me through all the steps:  clear the cache and cookies, restart, etc., etc.  It was suggested that it applied only to the Hulu card I was currently trying to purchase, but I expained that it didn't matter what card.  The result was always the same.  After an hour chatting, Kade said he would submit an inquiry to their technicians and I would hear something within three business days.  Is anyone surprised that 1) I still can't purchase a discounted gift card, and 2) I have heard NOTHING from AARP?  So I continue to be denied one of the benefits of my AARP membership which could be saving me significant amounts of money.

Trusted Contributor

Sorry to hear about your problem, but with a caveat.  Similar problem here.  I know you'd rather read a solution, but begging your patience, allow me to convey the details of my similar experience. Here's what you said...

<<Kade said he would submit an inquiry to their technicians and I would hear something within three business days.  Is anyone surprised that 1) I still can't purchase a discounted gift card, and 2) I have heard NOTHING from AARP? >>

and my answer is not surprised because of a similar experience.  Details are that about 6 weeks ago, out of nowhere, the system said my fitness tracker had gone offline.  Some triple figure number of times, over about a 10 day period, I reinstalled it, attempts including every available fitness tracer I have the AARP utilizes (3 or 4 of them), and the result was always failure.

Now for the common denominator between us.

I called in twice.  Both times, I got the usual thanks for being an AARP member since 1845 as if I am a HAPPY AARP member, but I digress.  Both times, I was supposed to hear back from some sort of techie to address or solve the problem.  3-5 business days, I was told.  And I specifically asked for a phone call, not an e mail. 2 weeks later, I get an e mail asking me for a freaking screen shot so they could address the problem.  

And making matters worse, as others also experienced, at the start of the month, my wife did not get credit for some of the extra credit prereqs in timely fashion costing her chances to bid on a couple items that disappeared by the time that the problem solved itself later that day.  A call was placed tocall the problem to their attention, and the usual we'll have a tech rep call you and here we are, 8 calendar days later, and the repeated 3-5 business days has nearly evaporated with no call.

So to answer your question, no I am not surprised.  

But that was an outstanding post you contributed with nary a detail missed.

I thank you for that, and thank you for reading all this.

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Re: "Both times, I got the usual thanks for being an AARP member since 1845".

My side hurts from laughing.

0 Kudos
Contributor

Me, too.  Same - same. Checkout doesn't work today.

gary

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Asteroids® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP