Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

The status of the AARP Rewards so far in 2024

Gold Conversationalist

The status of the AARP Rewards so far in 2024

Well....where do we begin....We still only are allowed to earn 7500 points....Mostly we are still only getting the same stuff as last year....measly $5 Gift Cards for points! And although we’re finally getting a few decent $10 or $15 Gift Cards... the continuing problem is that, as many report...by the time they see one it has already been ‘sold out’! The Rewards page is still littered with FLUFF!....Ecards that can be freely & easily gotten online...but mainly, it requires us to waste 500 points & 1 of our 3 redemptions per month! Yet there’s so much more that has not improved. The biggest issue is all the problems with this Wonky messed up site!

Sorry, no points this time.Sorry, no points this time.Sorry, we are experiencing longer than expected delays iSorry, we are experiencing longer than expected delays i504 Gateway Time-out504 Gateway Time-out

Just look at the 1st page of topics....“Gift Cards are a SCAM” by @d655791g ; “Slot machine instant win not working” by @KarolynF954058 ; “AARP reward checkout dont work” by @MadsN350164 ; “Instant Win: "Unable to process your redemption request" by @RhondaUSAK ; “Instant Win” by @coolmaine 

I’ll add that the instant win pages are not even aligned properly!

T.J. Maxx.JPG

Domino's.JPG

How can we have trust in the IWs?? It’s been worse than ever...so much for the wonderful NEW methods of entry...a waste of IT skills that could be used for fixing this mess!

witness geometric magic as squares dance into winning patternswitness geometric magic as squares dance into winning patterns

Tech support seems surprised that there are still so many problems with this site! LOL!Tech support seems surprised that there are still so many problems with this site! LOL!

There’s more... but I’m just going to post this & see what happens!

Take care one & all!

☮️  🌄 ~Allen 🌈  🎨

Trusted Social Butterfly

(WEDNESDAY 3/20/24 11:29pm ET)

@Therapist4u , you know that ONLY you old timers know about this mess.

I feel sorry for the NEWBIES who are believing the various AARP campaigns "promising" a POSITIVE experience.

Thanks for posting this discussion!!!  👵

Trusted Social Butterfly

(MONDAY 3/18/24 4:53pm ET)

@Therapist4u , I notice TODAY AARP "responses" to folks complaint has the following text included.

➡️*** I have added 50 points to your AARP Rewards account ***⬅️

.https://community.aarp.org/t5/General-Help/Instant-wins/m-p/2544764#M2551

Gold Conversationalist

Hi Nicole. Yes... I saw that post. The problem is that getting 50 points back is nothing...if there’s hardly ever anything to use them for....but also, it does not fix the main issue: that of a crappy confusing rollout of a ‘new’ razzle-dazzle way to get the same results: Sorry you did not win today!  LOL! Take care!

☮️  🌄 ~Allen 🌈  🎨

Bronze Conversationalist

The daily deal used to be a good deal with a 30% discount. Now it seems to be a 20% discount only.

Not as good a deal and I am sure still very difficult to obtain.

Periodic Contributor

Bummer they did this. Monday they have Dominos for 20% off. I can go any day of the week and get Dominos cards from Costco for 20% off. The 30% off from AARP used to be a nice treat if you were able to get one. Now they are not worth the effort. Sigh...

Trusted Social Butterfly

(3/22/24) @DebraH365607 , what is interesting for me is the fact I get the same and BETTER DEALS with my AAA Membership!!!  👵

[*** DEBRA @DebraH365607 wrote:

Bummer they did this. Monday they have Dominos for 20% off. I can go any day of the week and get Dominos cards from Costco for 20% off. The 30% off from AARP used to be a nice treat if you were able to get one. Now they are not worth the effort. Sigh... ***]

Gold Conversationalist

Hi @a170938b Yes... I agree!

For me....the only ‘solution’....

is to stop bothering to even try to get any so-called ‘deal’!

Take care!

☮️  🌄 ~Allen 🌈  🎨

Periodic Contributor

They do not care - this is about advertising not rewards.   That is why it is open to everyone not just AARP.  The greeting cards - I don't get at all - why? --    I was sad they changed again what videos are daily, weekly, monthly - had to redo my spreadsheet list of short videos.  only half dozen of daily videos under 4 minutes now.   Really not worth the time and effort and the great annoyance of the midnight dash for monthly things before they sell out.  Monthly things that sell out in hours, daily things that sell out in minutes - total bullcrap.  Change the name of Monthly Extra Credit to First morning of the month Extra Credit.  Change the daily deal name to 2 minute deal.  At least be honest

Gold Conversationalist

Hi Paul @PaulK47321 

This is how F/U the new videos are ...it takes 25 vids to = 7500 points max, so since the 1 -2 min vids are replaced with 6-10 min...then if you've watched all the shorter vids....you’re soon left with only 10 min vids...then if you watch each 10 min vid = 250 min = over 4 hours plus it takes at least 1 min to locate a vid & 1 min to load & start... so add 25 vids Xs 2 = 50 more minutes... which is over 5 hours a day!

And for what...

if hardly anything is worth it or the good ones are sold out before you can grab one....

IT MEANS FOR ALL OUR EFFORTS & TIME....

WE BE SHI OUTTA LUCK...LOL!!

Take care!

☮️  🌄 ~Allen 🌈  🎨

Conversationalist

Amen!

Gold Conversationalist

Thanks Gary!  @garyfish49

Amen brother!

Amen brother!Amen brother!Take care!

☮️  🌄 ~Allen 🌈  🎨

Kudos
Views
Super Contributor

I have also had the 3 matching icons on the spin game, but didn't win.  That is annoying, but what really disappoints me is missing out on the $15 gift cards this month.  I could have used both of these, but they were already sold out.  I used to be annoyed by the many survey requests that came up, but now I answer each one giving them the lowest rating and telling them I won't give them a higher rating until they start offering more gift cards so people who want them can get them.  But who knows if they even look at the survey responses.  What good is having points if you can't use them to get the rewards you want.

Gold Conversationalist

Hi @RenateW69623 Yes... I agree! For me....it’s more than frustrating.....I checked several times today for any ‘points only’ gift cards....NOTHING...& my next search an hour later showed yet another ‘sold out’ $15 gift card...for one that I would use....for Home Depot....but how it can suddenly appear & then be ‘sold out’ within minutes???...does little good for those of us who are loyal, long time members!!! ...who are rewarded >>>NOT!!...we instead only keep getting the proverbial ‘shaft’! They must have less than10 or so...to me it’s like a taunt..A TEASE...like someone is ENJOYING seeing us scramble to get scraps...& then we end up with NADA!

WHAT’S UP WITH THAT???!!

Take care!

☮️  🌄 ~Allen 🌈  🎨

Kudos
Views
Regular Contributor

I wonder if they have less of the $15 gift cards as opposed to the $5 and $10 cards. That would make it very difficult to score a $15 gift card, sort of like the daily deals.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Block Champ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP